5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rivian pictures

ben b

Reaction score
I was out on my morning bicycle ride and saw my first Rivian on the street. I thought people might like to see how it looks in real life. It's a good looking truck to my eye, although I prefer my RAM's looks.

I apologize for the picture quality -- not so good composing shots without my everyday glasses. Also, I did my best to get a few pictures of the sticker. The overall price was shown at ~$77k with delivery.

I did notice that it comes standard with "Vegan Leather Upholstery." I'm always impressed by the 1000 ways ad people can say "plastic."

Rivian_side.jpg Rivian_rear.jpg Rivian_front.jpg Rivian_badge.jpg Rivian_overall.jpg Rivian_Sticker_1.jpg Rivian_Sticker_2.jpg Rivian_Sticker_3.jpg Rivian_Sticker_4.jpg

ben b

Reaction score
Is it full size? Looks small.

My general impression aligns with your comment. The truck "felt" smaller. But still a useful size for around-the-town trips to the HW store.

Unfortunately I didn't bring my tape measure.... anyway my wife thinks its creepy whenever I measure other people's cars that are parked in the street She's funny that way. If I ride by tomorrow, I'll put my bike alongside the bed. I don't think it would fit in as easily as it does on my Gen5.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, but too small of a bed for my taste.

Rick J

Reaction score

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
$2500 For their "blue Rivian paint"????? Who do they think they are, friggin Maybach?????

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are kind of in between the size of a Tacoma and a full size truck. I think they're cool just from the built in storage angle. It's thoughtfully laid out. That said, I think they're anemic for range and slow to charge. If someone isn't going far from home to adventure it's probably a cool option.

The EV thing doesn't bother me one bit. I think it's cool to see options out there not to mention that electric motors are cool as hell.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They have an optional 33" tire also. Variable ride heights like our air rides but I don't know what system they use.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't meet the needs of my passenger carrying use case and the bed is too short, but besides that I have no real problems with it.

I'm not a gasoline/diesel purist and am 100% open to an electric truck that meets my use case. This one doesn't quite check those boxes, but if one eventually does, I'll definitely check it out.

Kaderast

Reaction score
Very cool. I hope to drive my Ram for 5-8 years, at that point I'm pretty convinced I will be going hybrid or electric.

Agree with lots of the above comments though, bed looks pathetically small.

Also curious what it's tow rating is....and how dramatically the range drops pulling a 5000# trailer?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are kind of in between the size of a Tacoma and a full size truck. I think they're cool just from the built in storage angle. It's thoughtfully laid out. That said, I think they're anemic for range and slow to charge. If someone isn't going far from home to adventure it's probably a cool option.

The EV thing doesn't bother me one bit. I think it's cool to see options out there not to mention that electric motors are cool as hell.
A whole lot of folks bought a not-quite-full-size truck called the “Dakota”once upon a time, too.

I’m not interested in buying one until the size and range work for me, but I’m guessing it won’t be too many years before we have a lot of desirable options.

Users who are viewing this thread