5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I just ran out of patience with Ram and cancelled my order. The parts shortage excuse ran its course with me, I find it hard to believe that a 103XXX Vin couldn't have been built already. I found two pickups from another manufacturer and bought one for myself and one for a valued employee. I can't see myself ever giving the Ram brand a second chance.
honestly do not blame you, or anyone for that matter who ordered well before july and gets Shafted by waiting months into production with no movement at all

Mr_662

Reaction score
@triple_B How were You getting the shipping info to dealers? would love a way to have a general idea of what part of the shipping process my truck is without emailing Aaron every day i know you cant tell what interchange its at like dealers but just knowing when its on the train, when its on the truck, ect if possible
I would love to know that too. 23 days since I got my window sticker and counting. Dealer says it's no the train and should be here any day. Ram Chat said its still waiting for a train........

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B How were You getting the shipping info to dealers? would love a way to have a general idea of what part of the shipping process my truck is without emailing Aaron every day i know you cant tell what interchange its at like dealers but just knowing when its on the train, when its on the truck, ect if possible
Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to sold orders, only stock orders so I just pull the data to get calculate average transit times to the dealers

BNJMN

Reaction score
189 vin's approaching 50% and seeing a good number of Laramie's 6'4" today seems in my favor. For a Friday I'm holding on to that positivity and ignoring any detrimental facts :)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Additional information from today's build sheets:
  • 87 trucks with Ramboxes
  • 290 trucks with Pano sunroof
  • 245 trucks with Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • 31 trucks with Advanced Safety Group (28 TRX's, 3 Rebels)
  • 35 trucks in Hydro Blue
  • 4 trucks in Blue Shade (10th Anniversary models, 3 diesels and 1 Hemi)
  • 435 trucks with eTorque

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Additional information from today's build sheets:
  • 87 trucks with Ramboxes
  • 290 trucks with Pano sunroof
  • 245 trucks with Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • 31 trucks with Advanced Safety Group (28 TRX's, 3 Rebels)
  • 35 trucks in Hydro Blue
  • 4 trucks in Blue Shade (10th Anniversary models, 3 diesels and 1 Hemi)
  • 435 trucks with eTorque
Do you know what's being made with ORG without Air Suspension? Seems to be a bigger hold up as far as I can see.

Derek916

Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer. My truck left Michigan yesterday. There were really no delays in my build...

Reactions: x50

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know what's being made with ORG without Air Suspension? Seems to be a bigger hold up as far as I can see.
197 with Air Suspension.

1637342553450.png

52 with ORG. But keep in mind that some other vehicles have it (without being listed).

1637343876357.png

Last edited:

FatNelson

Reaction score
I know there are several folks who go D1 but then get stuck there for extended periods. Aside from that happening, has the Estimated Ship Date been pretty close to when most D1 start production? My estimated ship date was 11/21 when I went D1 and I verified on the POC again yesterday that 11/21 hasn't changed.

The only thing that changed on my POC was that the rear under seat storage went to a cost of $0. Not sure why, but I'll take a 100% discount. I know that's not an option for Bighorn any longer so maybe they will delete it from my build....but, for now it's still listed as a line item.
The rear under seat storage was bundled into the big horn lvl2 (lvl B?) package. I wasn't really happy about this. I'll have two child seats in the back and won't have access to the storage. An open void under the back seat for me to tuck things into would be much better. I'll probably try to remove the storage and put it back in when the kids are grown.

Reactions: x50

FatNelson

Reaction score
Ahh. Got it, thanks for the explanation. It was a separate item when I ordered back in July. Had it on my Laramie and liked it so ordered it.
I definitely see the appeal of it and I'm sure once I have access to it I'll be happy to have it.

Ram_702

Reaction score
Maybe this has been stated before here but I just noticed that the Limited Level 1 package is not longer available as a choice on the ramtrucks configurator for the Limited trim. Are they pausing this package because of lack of electronics I’m assuming?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this has been stated before here but I just noticed that the Limited Level 1 package is not longer available as a choice on the ramtrucks configurator for the Limited trim. Are they pausing this package because of lack of electronics I’m assuming?
The website is all sorts of messed up. They also show that you can't currently order a TRX Level 2 (you can). They also show that you can order a Rebel Level 2 (you can't).
It's embarrassing.

Maccam

Reaction score
You should contact MD and see if they can hold it for you until you get back (sign papers saying as much)

1. Once shipped the best tracker besides the shipping company in possession of your truck will be your dealer, not the factory.

2. If I was you, I would try to go through Chrysler Capital first for any incentive there may be, and then turn around and go to PenFed if that's an option for you.
2.1 If the above is not an option, PenFed should allow you to use the app, call, or go in person (prefered) to apply for a loan and see how much they give you. Loans should be printable same day at whatever PenFed location you go to, If they give you a loan for more than the truck is worth, whatever isn't used will go back to PenFed.

3. Not sure I completely understand this question so I'll try to answer. (StateFarm experience for me) Insurance should be able to be taken care of day of purchase. For me I'm purchasing in a different state than where my tag is located (my tag and insurance are same state) I'm sorry if this isn't much help, calling your insurance company and asking them questions will be the better route here.
anytime i got a new vehicle the salesman called the insurance company,and had every thing set up,never had to deal awith
insurance company at all

Users who are viewing this thread