5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM sport is not fitting in 18 X 19 garage

cndhu

Reaction score
Hi ,

we got a RAM sport , which is falling short of few inches in the garage. the truck goes in, but cannot close the garage door. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

Shoulda measured (or brought one home for a 'test fit') before buying. That's why I ended up with a Quad Cab. QC is 4" shorter than a short bed CC. QC just barely fit in my garage.

Used car values are extremely high right now. Maybe you can sell it for more than you paid. 😉

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is the wall opposite the door made out of?

Scram1500

Reaction score
Oh come on …. That’s just mean …. Ridgeline or Ranger will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Maverick perhaps? Maybe not though as most are already sold out to people with mammaries

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 24' deep garage,(outside measurements are 24X28) and my 1500 with 5'7 bed fits, but is fairly tight. No way you are going to fit your truck in your garage with a trick, or tip...just way too small.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Come on everyone, anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The first thing i would do is, remove your bed, and cut a few inches out of the frame, weld it back together, and do the same for the bed. You will have to have your bedsides re painted. but this is the cleanest route.

or just remove your rear bumper, quick and easy, but it will make your truck look incomplete.

Scram1500

Reaction score
its a wall towards mudroom
Drywall and 2x4 construction? If it's a support wall it will be a pain, but you could always push out the wall into the mud room

Otto

Reaction score
Pull in diagonal? Trade for a quad cab or go for a smaller truck?

For what it's worth I feel you. Our garage is long enough but not tall enough.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: Man, I hate to be unhelpful but I'm not even sure how you respond to a question like this other than the first poster. It's not like you bought a Transformer or a Lego-truck, where you can just pop some pieces out and reassemble it shorter. What kinds of options could anyone offer other than make the truck shorter or the building longer, or change vehicles or change residences? Hell, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to ponder that for a second and not have to create an account to ask that on an online forum :ROFLMAO:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: Man, I hate to be unhelpful but I'm not even sure how you respond to a question like this other than the first poster. It's not like you bought a Transformer or a Lego-truck, where you can just pop some pieces out and reassemble it shorter. What kinds of options could anyone offer other than make the truck shorter or the building longer, or change vehicles or change residences? Hell, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to ponder that for a second and not have to create an account to ask that on an online forum :ROFLMAO:

And there it is …. Common sense in a nutshell !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Build a frame around the garage door 12" out and attach the garage door to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online