5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Faunce76

Reaction score
16f2941f2838d0e908494f9f6e43bef0.jpg

0faa4bef7cbe01865dafd5d7263ad8de.jpg

Replaced the tailgate and hood badges today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! I’m guessing they sound much better than stock, how’s the Base? Someone on here said they lost a bit of base after swapping the door speakers.
These speakers are mid-bass drivers. So you would only be able to lose that frequency range. I have the Alpine system which has factory subwoofer. Can't say I lost any bass, and midrange is definitely more of a "clean" sound. Just like how the infinjty reference 3.5" in the dash cleaned up the sound of the highs.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Traded this:
IMG_1230.jpeg

For this:
IMG_1353.jpeg

UPDATE: I ALMOST did. I was getting ready to sign the paperwork and found out it didn't have blind spot monitoring. How the $%&^#$% does and $80k truck not have blind spot monitoring???? It had the tow package and surround cameras, but no freaking blind spot!!???? No deal. I took my keys back and left. I'm really bummed because it was such a sweet truck!

Last edited:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These speakers are mid-bass drivers. So you would only be able to lose that frequency range. I have the Alpine system which has factory subwoofer. Can't say I lost any bass, and midrange is definitely more of a "clean" sound. Just like how the infinjty reference 3.5" in the dash cleaned up the sound of the highs.
Ok cool, yeah I’ve got the alpine system as well, personally I love the way it sounds but so many people on here get great gains from upgrading the speakers, I think my standards are just to low 😂 guess that’s a good thing for my wallet lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1.5" Wolf level, 1" Bora spacers, Falken Wildpeak AT3's 275/60R20 on OEM wheels.
With the 1" spacers, if you did t trim your factory lugs, I'd highly recommend removing the wheels and making sure the lugs aren't contacting the wheels. On my 2020 Built to Serve, my factory lugs were slightly hitting the wheels with the 1" Bora spacers on the rear. I trimmed off the unthreaded "nipple" and they were fine after that

FTRO

Reaction score
Looks good but will not do anything for the pedal lag. The lag comes from the pedal to the throttle body parameters in the ECU.
Easy cure. Throttle controller.
I have the Banks Pedal Monster, and it helps a bunch (glad I purchased... makes driving much more fun.)
But, there is still lag there. It is from the truck trying to figure out what gear it wants the transmission to use. You would think in this day and age a manufacture could program something this easy to work almost instantly without thinking too long.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally installed the Bilstein 5100s. Went with setting #4 for a 1.3” front lift. Will probably do ORP springs in the back or a small spacer to keep a little more rake. I like the stance with some rake but ground clearance was terrible from the factory and I’m in the northeast (Central MA), so that’s a problem for me.

A word of caution, this was a 10 hour job. We had all the tools, including 2 hydraulic jacks, coil spring compressors, impact gun, torque wrench, etc. The problem is that after just 1 year of ownership, the top strut nut was seized from rust on both sides, making it extremely difficult to disassemble the struts. The ride quality is good - a little stiffer than factory, but in a good way. But I would seriously recommend all DIYers to buy the 2 inch Rough Country Leveling Struts instead. Disassembly was the most time consuming step, and if I had to do it again, I would just buy a kit already assembled and scrap the old coils, dust boot, bump stop, etc. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Also, the UCA ball joint stud was free spinning when trying to tighten the nut back after install. This happened on both sides. Very frustrating. As others have recommended, it helps to use a pry bar to put tension between the UCA and hub assembly and use an impact gun to tighten while force is applied. This worked on the passenger side, but not the driver’s side. Instead, I would recommend getting a second jack and raising the hub assembly to create tension on the UCA. This allowed us to firm it up and torque it down properly. Just my $.02.

Chris
Did you not have a set of pass through sockets for breaking down the shocks? Makes getting the seized top nut off a breeze. Highly recommend a set for any DIY 5100 install. Truck is looking good! My first go round with the bilsteins I did front and rears and it took me about 10 hours, I recently switched from setting 4 to 5 in front and it took 3 hours total.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over last few days: second oil change at 13k with PUP, swapped bilsteins from setting 4 to 5, and paid the $700 vehicle registration tab fee.....

CanRebel

Reaction score
Traded this:
View attachment 111473

For this:
View attachment 111474

UPDATE: I ALMOST did. I was getting ready to sign the paperwork and found out it didn't have blind spot monitoring. How the $%&^#$% does and $80k truck not have blind spot monitoring???? It had the tow package and surround cameras, but no freaking blind spot!!???? No deal. I took my keys back and left. I'm really bummed because it was such a sweet truck!
I have 2021 Rebel.
No 360 camera, no blind spot, nothing but back up camera. I have every other option(no rambox).
Ford is building trucks and parking them, adding chips as they get them.
Ram is building trucks but removing options.
I seen news thing other day, it said GM is removing options for heated seats and steering wheels.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Did you not have a set of pass through sockets for breaking down the shocks? Makes getting the seized top nut off a breeze. Highly recommend a set for any DIY 5100 install. Truck is looking good! My first go round with the bilsteins I did front and rears and it took me about 10 hours, I recently switched from setting 4 to 5 in front and it took 3 hours total.
That definitely would have made the job easier. What did you do in the rear? I was looking at the Bilstein 1” springs, but can’t find any info if the shocks would need to be replaced.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traded this:
View attachment 111473

For this:
View attachment 111474

Man I would have done it and added if afterwards. It's a breeze to add it to these trucks and it wasn't too expensive if you sale your factory taillights! Just my thought though.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today is a special and rare day in the life of my truck. I actually used the bed to haul some (expensive) lumber for building my big-bore airgun pellet trap.

Side note: if you guys haven’t looked into big bore air guns yet, do yourself a favor and do some googling. My 25 caliber air gun has more FPE then a .22 short round. They have calibers up to .72, which carries 1500+ fpe.

9AF1FF4A-6EB9-4121-A61B-DFFD087FE4A2.jpeg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That definitely would have made the job easier. What did you do in the rear? I was looking at the Bilstein 1” springs, but can’t find any info if the shocks would need to be replaced.
Oh man, the pass through sockets are like a necessity. In the rear all I did was swap the shocks with the 5100s. Honestly, if you want the rear a bit higher just get a set of 1” lift springs and swap the shocks for 5100s. They accommodate an inch or two of rear lift.
7BE05BC4-9A25-4298-BFA9-1DBB4B9D25F1.jpeg

EJ84

Reaction score
Over last few days: second oil change at 13k with PUP, swapped bilsteins from setting 4 to 5, and paid the $700 vehicle registration tab fee.....
Did that change make the ride better? Do you know what you got for total lift over stock on setting 4? I’m trying to decide on setting 3 or 4

Users who are viewing this thread