5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
waiting for 2023 is a crap shoot as model year changes are supposed to happen in 2023

and everyone know the first year of any changes to a model has issues.

just look at all the complaints for the 2019 model year

Definitely agree about first year redesigns being a gamble, but if anything wouldn't 2023 be a refresh rather than a whole new generation? Would just seem like a quick turnaround for a complete redesign, considering they made the 4th gen for a solid 10 model years before the 5th generation came out.

If that's the case then I think it's not really a gamble, I had a 2013 (refresh year for 4th gens) and it was as reliable as any other ram I ever had. Don't recall hearing a lot of issues about them at all either, more the 2015 when they changed or went to the canbus system.

I could certainly be wrong on the redesign though and I am not in the loop on that and have not researched it at all, just going on history.

scott82094

Reaction score
I can't do all the chrome on the limited personally but they come standard with air suspension, spray in bedliner, premium lighting, uconnect 12

I would imagine they cut off premium lighting on big horns having taken into account how many they need for current builds knowing they don't have enough for additional big horn orders.
Doesn’t the chrome go away with the night edition? I’m glad you mentioned this because I hate chrome too lol

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Doesn’t the chrome go away with the night edition? I’m glad you mentioned this because I hate chrome too lol
It does but then you add 3500 to an already 70k truck. It's further and further out of reach for some people.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I dont like the chrome on the Limited either, but you can't do both Night and Off-road package so we had to pick one. It felt easier to remove the chrome than get the off-road bits

rtpassini

Reaction score
I dont like the chrome on the Limited either, but you can't do both Night and Off-road package so we had to pick one. It felt easier to remove the chrome than get the off-road bits
Thats why i dropped down to a completely decked out Laramie. Sport package (no chrome) and still could get the off road.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a buddy that painted the chrome on his Tacoma and it looks really solid.

Cruzer1

Reaction score
It has arrived! My sales guy sent me the pic. I should be able to pick it up tonight Start cleaning out my pile of parts for it tomorrow!
That is awesome! I am still looking for mine, ordered from June. Please show us the pictures when you finally get it!

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Thats why i dropped down to a completely decked out Laramie. Sport package (no chrome) and still could get the off road.
I wanted the 360 camera so that wasn't an option for me. I wish it was

Last edited:

rtpassini

Reaction score
I wanted the 360 camera so that wasn't an option for me. I wish it was
yeah. I agree. theres some features on the limited i would really like. Im like 30% flip flopping. 70% of me says itll be awesome and good choice regardless. lol

Matrixband

Reaction score
Where is that spreadsheet that shows the compiled orders from this and another forum? The one that shows name, vin# window sticker if availabe? Build date. It’s so far back, I have lost where it is…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where is that spreadsheet that shows the compiled orders from this and another forum? The one that shows name, vin# window sticker if availabe? Build date. It’s so far back, I have lost where it is…

chris288

Reaction score

JimKIII

Reaction score
Is there one of these trackers for the HD 2500s?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I don't know where to ask this question. But I came across a comparison of a 2022 Ram TRX vs a 2021 Ram TRX and I saw that the tailgate handle now has LEDs in the 2022.

Does someone can confirm this with a Limited trim? I didn't see this before or didn't see reviewers making a note about this?

check the video here, start at the correct time:

screenshot:

1636973235925.png

In the comments some are talking about not all options on a fully loaded truck are there compared to 2021 models. I thought that the TRX and Limited came with all the possible options and they have all the chips for it.

Did someone also notice those glitches on Uconnect 5? I've heard that there is already an update available this week or month. Does it improve with that?

Last edited:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know where to ask this question. But I came across a comparison of a 2022 Ram TRX vs a 2021 Ram TRX and I saw that the tailgate handle now has LEDs in the 2022.

Does someone can confirm this with a Limited trim? I didn't see this before or didn't see reviewers making a note about this?

check the video here, start at the correct time:

screenshot:

View attachment 111150

In the comments some are talking about not all options on a fully loaded truck are there compared to 2021 models. I thought that the TRX and Limited came with all the possible options and they have all the chips for it.

Did someone also notice those glitches on Uconnect 5? I've heard that there is already an update available this week or month. Does it improve with that?
Yes, the LEDs are in the handle of the Limited. I know its for trailer hookup mostly, but lights up the logo on the tailgate pretty nice. UC5 glitches are here and there. I've only had my truck for 3 days and had 1 minor glitch going between android auto and the home screen, otherwise its been fine. There is a thread somewhere here about UC5 issues.

Shawn19

Reaction score
Yes, the LEDs are in the handle of the Limited. I know its for trailer hookup mostly, but lights up the logo on the tailgate pretty nice. UC5 glitches are here and there. I've only had my truck for 3 days and had 1 minor glitch going between android auto and the home screen, otherwise its been fine. There is a thread somewhere here about UC5 issues.
It’s on my 22 big Horn as well, not sure if it’s part of the tech group or the trailer group. On the sticker Tech mentions LED third tail light. So it may be part of that package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online