5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I lit a fire under my sales manager *** about the power folding mirrors and told him that they better not ship that truck with out them. He had put in a call to the factory rep and passed on my request. Maybe (hopefully) that is why I am still at the body vender but not holding my breath.
No chance, they built it, its built, the factory will not uninstall any propery installed equipment, that much i can reasonably assure you. You dealer would be best to order a set and install them when it arrives to them.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So that's the one with an 11/6 window sticker. I think something "new" is going on here. There are two people here (SunnyS and you) that have WS's but are still at the body vendor. And now there are a couple of members in the TRX forum with the same thing. TRX's don't have Ramboxes, so I don't think that's the issue.

Seems that Ram is now issuing Window Stickers while the trucks are still not finished. At least, that's what I think I'm seeing.

I’m wondering how can I find out what exactly is holding it up. I don’t want to bug the dealer but I want to know. I would have a problem if I don’t get the ram boxes in that truck or should I say I would have a problem if I just can’t cancel the ram boxes if that’s the hold up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
I’m wondering how can I find out what exactly is holding it up. I don’t want to bug the dealer but I want to know. I would have a problem if I don’t get the ram boxes in that truck or should I say I would have a problem if I just can’t cancel the ram boxes if that’s the hold up

Ive tried, i talked to ramchat, ram Cares, mark dodge and had him check with his rep. Nada, they know what we know and if the reps know more than everybody else, they Aint squakin'.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Your truck is built - so you're getting Ramboxes (no way to undo that). But I still am not convinced that this is what's holding up your shipment.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I lit a fire under my sales manager *** about the power folding mirrors and told him that they better not ship that truck with out them. He had put in a call to the factory rep and passed on my request. Maybe (hopefully) that is why I am still at the body vender but not holding my breath.
My dealer told me that my RAM Sport would be built as ordered on Nov 26th....and the power folding mirrors are on my build....so not sure why some get them and some dont ...but having spent some time on this forum i see nothing makes any sense....maybe they felt sorry for me for waiting since March for a truck lol

SunnyS

Reaction score
No chance, they built it, its built, the factory will not uninstall any propery installed equipment, that much i can reasonably assure you. You dealer would be best to order a set and install them when it arrives to them.
I used to work at a GM van assembly plant from 1977 to 1987 and one thing I did a lot of there was switch out the painted bumpers for the chrome ones. Did that to a lot of them over a month period. This was right at the plant. Got pretty good at it about three minutes a bumper

SunnyS

Reaction score
Your truck is built - so you're getting Ramboxes (no way to undo that). But I still am not convinced that this is what's holding up your shipment.
How about the truck got some kind of damage done to it?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How about the truck got some kind of damage done to it?
What truck are you referring to? The only one I've seen/heard of lately was a TRX that was damaged during delivery at the dealer.

SunnyS

Reaction score
What truck are you referring to? The only one I've seen/heard of lately was a TRX that was damaged during delivery at the dealer.
Trying to think of a reason for having the window sticker and the truck still being at the body vendor

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Ok so just called that number that someone posted a few pages back. They told me my truck has shipped. Now idk if I believe him or not but my dealer and ram chat told me yesterday that it had no estimated ship date and was at the body shop. I made him pull up the full vehicle build sheet to repeat it back to me. I didn’t want him to get confused with a different one. He said my vehicle could arrive in the next few days. But no date. They told me once already my delivery date was 10/25/21 on 10/26/21. So we will see!! so all vehicles supposedly are on the move

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Ok so just called that number that someone posted a few pages back. They told me my truck has shipped. Now idk if I believe him or not but my dealer and ram chat told me yesterday that it had no estimated ship date and was at the body shop. I made him pull up the full vehicle build sheet to repeat it back to me. I didn’t want him to get confused with a different one. He said my vehicle could arrive in the next few days. But no date. They told me once already my delivery date was 10/25/21 on 10/26/21. So we will see!! so all vehicles supposedly are on the move
I'll help you out here, since I'm multilingual and great at interpretation.

"They told me my truck has shipped" means: "Your truck has been shipped from the West Yard of the Body Vendor to the East Yard to ensure the sun fades the paint equally." "He said my vehicle could arrive in the next few days" means: "Your vehicle will likely arrive back to the West Yard to ensure the aforementioned even paint fading."

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I'll help you out here, since I'm multilingual and great at interpretation.

"They told me my truck has shipped" means: "Your truck has been shipped from the West Yard of the Body Vendor to the East Yard to ensure the sun fades the paint equally." "He said my vehicle could arrive in the next few days" means: "Your vehicle will likely arrive back to the West Yard to ensure the aforementioned even paint fading."
I wouldn’t be surprised honestly. I’m going to give it a week. Then I’ll call the dealer first!!

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
66 was from 1 day, 4513 total trucks with ramboxes for 2022 according to Eighty. They're still building them, and with vins over 200xxxWell when the first of those roll off the trailers and onto the lots in an actual decent time frame then i will be convinced.

I'm happy with my present Ram and can cancel my new ram at anytime without penalty and will be give my security deposit back in full.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Ramontario21

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread