5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Mexd781

Reaction score
I can't do all the chrome on the limited personally but they come standard with air suspension, spray in bedliner, premium lighting, uconnect 12

I would imagine they cut off premium lighting on big horns having taken into account how many they need for current builds knowing they don't have enough for additional big horn orders.
Maybe my BH is still waiting on lights to be available. The premium lighting is one of the main reasons I did an order since it's hard to find on a BH. If they take it off my order, then I have some thinking to do.

packer27

Reaction score
Did they remove the LL1 group? When building a limited on the site, that package is no longer showing up for me
It’s still orderable by dealers, not sure why it’s not on the builder. Dealer told me the builder tool is often 30-60 days behind what is currently orderable

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Checked in with Sandi @ MD this week. They're working with Stellantis regarding sold orders that have been changed without approval. A Rebel that was ordered 5 days after my order has been changed from Level 2 to Level B. As of yesterday morning my order is unchanged. Both Rebel Level 2 and Rebel 12A are on my POC.

She said only one of their sold orders has been received. Maybe that was RDSnj2021? I thought I had seen more from MD. Maybe she was just talking about Rebels.

She advised I check back with her next month :-/

2021-11-09 09_12_03-Checking in ... - jon@linsenbardt.com - Linsenbardt Family Mail.png

firedfly

Reaction score
She said only one of their sold orders has been received. Maybe that was RDSnj2021? I thought I had seen more from MD. Maybe she was just talking about Rebels.
There have been at least 2 people that have picked up their 2022 1500... Myself being one. It sounds like the are quite a few more that have shipped.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked in with Sandi @ MD this week. They're working with Stellantis regarding sold orders that have been changed without approval. A Rebel that was ordered 5 days after my order has been changed from Level 2 to Level B. As of yesterday morning my order is unchanged. Both Rebel Level 2 and Rebel 12A are on my POC.

She advised I check back with her next month :-/

View attachment 110574
She may have been talking about Rebels. I know for Limiteds she said: "Out of 18 1500 Limited Crew Cab 5.7 box sold orders we have in the pipeline, only 3 are near finished in production and 1 that just started production. The rest are waiting for D1 status." That was a little over a week ago though.

I am under the impression that they check on their sold orders daily, or at least there is an intent for them to check that often.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She may have been talking about Rebels. I know for Limiteds she said: "Out of 18 1500 Limited Crew Cab 5.7 box sold orders we have in the pipeline, only 3 are near finished in production and 1 that just started production. The rest are waiting for D1 status." That was a little over a week ago though.

I am under the impression that they check on their sold orders daily, or at least there is an intent for them to check that often.
One of the finished ones could be my first order. I know it was built but don't have any idea where in the pipeline it is.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the lights on my 2022 Limited. An extra light will illuminate an additional area on the front left or front right of the truck at times. It appears to occur at low speeds when you either a) use your turn signal b) turn the wheel. I'm assuming this behavior is the "adaptive" part of the lights.

What you are describing (I believe) is the fog lights turning on at low speeds when turning/using turn signal. If you turn on the fog lights that will stop as they will both just stay on full time, or if you turn the high beams on (fog lights turn off) they will resume that behavior of turning on at low speeds/with turn signals.

The adaptive part that is only on longhorns/limiteds actually make the low or high beams swivel with the steering wheel regardless of speed or turn signal being on. I love mine in the my longhorn, what a difference really good headlights make. Nice to be able to see a little extra around bends when on the back roads.

I can't do all the chrome on the limited personally but they come standard with air suspension, spray in bedliner, premium lighting, uconnect 12

Night edition?

firedfly

Reaction score
The adaptive part that is only on longhorns/limiteds actually make the low or high beams swivel with the steering wheel regardless of speed or turn signal being on.
I'll need to pay closer attention when driving at night. I haven't noticed the beams moving like that when driving. How obvious is the movement?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll need to pay closer attention when driving at night. I haven't noticed the beams moving like that when driving. How obvious is the movement?

It's subtle but it's there if you pay attention and look for it specifically. Obviously the darker the area the easier it will be to notice. Also, if you are parked in a dark area, when you start the truck the lights do a quick back and forth move before they settle in place. Here's a quick video I took a few months ago when I was parked facing a glass storefront, you can see them move back and forth when the truck starts.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to driving a certain speed for them to turn. I think it's 7MPH and 17degrees.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Well, my first order arrived yesterday. A Longhorn I ordered back in early May. Since then, I ordered the 10th Anniversary Limited, with the sea salt indigo interior. Both are pretty much optioned the same otherwise. I had a very hard time saying no to this gorgeous vehicle. I hope I made the right decision to wait and get the 10th in a few more months. The interior was fantastic, but I thought it was a bit dark with the black headliner, etc. -and the 10th with brighter colors but still a subdued interior.
I said to my wife, it's like dating two women, a blonde and a brunette. I have never actually seen them in person, just photos, but they both look great and seem nice. Friends say they are both great ladies. Should I go with the first one I date? She is so nice, but is the other--- the ONE?

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 74

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Well, my first order arrived yesterday. A Longhorn I ordered back in early May. Since then, I ordered the 10th Anniversary Limited, with the sea salt indigo interior. Both are pretty much optioned the same otherwise. I had a very hard time saying no to this gorgeous vehicle. I hope I made the right decision to wait and get the 10th in a few more months. The interior was fantastic, but I thought it was a bit dark with the black headliner, etc. -and the 10th with brighter colors but still a subdued interior.
I said to my wife, it's like dating two women, a blonde and a brunette. I have never actually seen them in person, just photos, but they both look great and seem nice. Friends say they are both great ladies. Should I go with the first one I date? She is so nice, but is the other--- the ONE?

Honestly with the way the market is currently, you could take delivery of the Longhorn and driver her for a few months while you wait for the 10th Anniversary ... then sell on the 2nd hand market and get more than what you paid for it.

Bit risky but best of both worlds, and you could end up MAKING money. My gf is selling her Tesla soon when she takes delivery of a new one ... 1 year old and they are offering her 5k more than she paid. Insane.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Honestly with the way the market is currently, you could take delivery of the Longhorn and driver her for a few months while you wait for the 10th Anniversary ... then sell on the 2nd hand market and get more than what you paid for it.

Bit risky but best of both worlds, and you could end up MAKING money. My gf is selling her Tesla soon when she takes delivery of a new one ... 1 year old and they are offering her 5k more than she paid. Insane.
Probably... The salesman suggested that, but I think that is a bit of a financial risk. I'm more concerned to get the right truck--for me in the long run.

Moondogger

Reaction score
I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil..... I told RAM Chat that I wanted to be contacted by someone at RAM to discuss my truck build. Has anyone else received this email?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-173918_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-173918_Outlook.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 83

Randboye

Reaction score
I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil..... I told RAM Chat that I wanted to be contacted by someone at RAM to discuss my truck build. Has anyone else received this email?
I got that same letter back in July, from Carla except the paragraph with vehicle has been built and pending installation of additional equipment. Don't get your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread