5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does uconnect know where my vehicle is?

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
I get notices that my vehicle is parked in such and such place. I assume that Uconnect is behind tracking my truck but would like to know the particulars. If someone will explain what events trigger the system tracking the truck and sending notices, it will be appreciated. Are there benefits to the constant tracking as opposed to allowing tracking as circumstances warrant?

More importantly, I'd like to know how to shut off the tracking. Thanks for any help.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I think he’s talking about CarPlay “this is where you parked your vehicle” function that’s iOS or probably also android recognizing when you leave the car. Uconnect you have to actively trigger the location request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Are you getting updates from the UConnect App or possibly from Maps (iOS) or Google Maps (Android)? On iOS devices there is a setting for maps that will give you an alert as to where you car is parked when you disconnect from your car’s Bluetooth.

a7dcc268bacd1a6eca0cdc8124872273.jpg

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
@Dmalonecentral - thanks. That was it and I shut it off. Until I get dementia, I can remember where my car is parked thank you very much. And I don't need big brother in the cloud keeping track of where I park.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
@Dmalonecentral - thanks. That was it and I shut it off. Until I get dementia, I can remember where my car is parked thank you very much. And I don't need big brother in the cloud keeping track of where I park.

It just turns off the notification nothing less tracked...

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score

Just don’t go and get dementia and forget how to turn it back on.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
It just turns off the notification nothing less tracked...

Oh, f*cking great. Somebody else tracking me that I can't stop. That pretty much ticks me off.

Is there any way to stop the tracking?

slimchance

Reaction score
Oh, f*cking great. Somebody else tracking me that I can't stop. That pretty much ticks me off.

IF you have a gmail acct you will then like the way google tracks you constantly .. it is truely scary

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score

Check out the settings under “Privacy” -> “Location Services”. Warning though, disabling these settings will make it so things like maps and potentially other apps you may use won’t work properly.

bff262ce8c1295b7fd537bc98d732d65.jpg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leave your phone at home?

Pretty much this... even with all location services turned off, your cellphone provide can still track your location through triangulating the location of your phone because it is pinging off of the towers.

And don't use a credit/debit card either as those are tracked as well..

HBTRX21

Reaction score
Leave your phone at home, but could someone else still track where your truck is?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leave your phone at home, but could someone else still track where your truck is?
Yes. Even with no active subscription, the infotainment system constantly sends out data.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the chip I got injected with along with the covid vaccine.

Users who are viewing this thread