5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Hydro Blue was discontinued - that is what I have on order; will it get built or will I get contacted to pick a different color?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Hydro Blue was discontinued - that is what I have on order; will it get built or will I get contacted to pick a different color?
There is supposedly a shortage on the pigment that is used for Hydro Blue. The question is whether they have enough in their supply chain to fulfill existing orders or not (I don't know that anyone can answer that). I would put the chances of being "contacted to pick a different color" at practically zero. Based on my observations, if the factory can't fulfill your order due to missing parts, then your order will just sit in D status forever. You should probably be the noisy one, and reach out to your dealer to see what information they can get.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...got to harass them about the color, and be ready to pick another color just in case they don't have an answer for you. It will sit until you keep reaching out to them.

Might even have to cancel then reorder.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My truck is just sitting in D status and has been for awhile. I can't get a straight answer but I will be contacting my dealer to change the color as I would like my truck before the snow starts coming. There are Hydro Blue trucks with WS as just updated but its a 102 vin so you know they are behind. But then again its a Cluster**** no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

BNJMN

Reaction score
Hmmm. Guess I'll be sending an email and trying to chat with Ram today just for fun. PA - I just read your signature, sounds like you've had a rough string of bad luck!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the Trailer Surround-View Camera System. The main module is huge. I'll get some actual dimensions later but I'm estimating 12"x8"x5". It all seems very high quality. No trailer to install on right now. View attachment 110424 View attachment 110425 View attachment 110426 View attachment 110427 View attachment 110428 View attachment 110429 View attachment 110430 View attachment 110431 View attachment 110432 View attachment 110433
Is there a part number on the trailer surround cameras anywhere?

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Hmmm. Guess I'll be sending an email and trying to chat with Ram today just for fun. PA - I just read your signature, sounds like you've had a rough string of bad luck!
Yeah. Its been a fun journey. They fixed and sold that truck locally so now I not only have to wait but also get to see that truck drive around. The only thing that's satisfying is the new bedside doesn't match.

BNJMN

Reaction score
RamChat was as useful as I expected. "unfortunately we cannot see if it delayed. Please continue working with your selling dealership" . Will see what my dealer says; I'm still well within the stated ETA (late Dec/Early Jan) so trying not to be a PITA but rather know now if I can't get the blue or if it will delay it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
possibly

82216274AC
That’s the aux trailer analog camera kit. I’m just looking for the part number of one of the four digital cameras for the trailer surround view.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine that if there is a hangup with color, they would reach out to you when they are ready to move your build to D1.

BNJMN

Reaction score
I don't think I'm D1 yet, this is what Ram chat said before I asked them to confirm the color was available and they sent me to dealer -

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Please allow me a brief moment regarding the color option!

Your order is equipped with hydro blue exterior color. Your order has our attention and priority and is presently being scheduled for production

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

milrad

Reaction score
Lol just beat me by a couple seconds!!!

No joy, but now I know. Thanks again for everything you are doing. Without you so many of us would be completely in the dark.

Kills me seeing a 193XXX Longhorn though, even if it is going to my home state.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I would imagine that if there is a hangup with color, they would reach out to you when they are ready to move your build to D1.
Would they, though? I imagine you wouldn't move to D1 precisely because there is a hangup with color. I could be wrong, but my understanding of D1 means everything needed to build the truck is in order (and in my mind, that requires paint to be available). Who knows, though?

All I know is I've seen numerous Limited's get built with all the specs mine has (including color), and mine still languishes in D status.

x50

Reaction score
Question...my dealer was able to place my Laramie order on 11/1 with the A67 Level 2 Equipment Group instead of Level B. They said that Level 2 does have BSM. What are my chances that I actually get the Level 2 group with BSM?

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Would my dealer know the delivery date even this RAM CHAT doesn’t have an ETA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Would my dealer know the delivery date even this RAM CHAT doesn’t have an ETA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dealer has location information in addition to ETA range. They can see where along the journey it is. Ram chat an only see ETA range.

Users who are viewing this thread