5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

lbj

Reaction score
I got the in shipping stage message from ram chat with an expected window of today through the 9th. It only has to go a couple miles so would think it would be on the shorter end of that but who knows. I'm going to be overseas for a little over a week starting Friday and was hoping to wrap this up before then. Tried getting more info from the dealer but he is ghosting me. :cautious:

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I got the in shipping stage message from ram chat with an expected window of today through the 9th. It only has to go a couple miles so would think it would be on the shorter end of that but who knows. I'm going to be overseas for a little over a week starting Friday and was hoping to wrap this up before then. Tried getting more info from the dealer but he is ghosting me. :cautious:
Just drive down to SHAP and demand your truck.

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems apparent that they're not "waiting for parts" for some of our orders...they're just stretching their parts. Instead of making one highly-optioned truck, they can make 3-4 trucks with pieces and parts of our orders.
For example, you can see my build in my signature below.
49 trucks today have Ramboxes
17 trucks today have Tech Group
114 trucks today have Pano Sunroof

But lookie here:
1 truck today has the Multi-Function tailgate (surprising and concerning)
1 truck today has Advanced Safety Group (also surprising and concerning)
My truck is so basic there is no reason for it to not be built already.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I mean, it makes sense. Of course they're going to build two trucks instead of one.

And I know it has to be frustrating to have an order in since earlier this year, but no one really "got in line" until they started production.
You would think if you put in an order for a 21 in March and then had RAM switch you over to a 22 in Late July/Early August that you would be somewhere near the top....at least at the top of your trim....but almost 50 percent of 6700 ?? Sports ordered have been built and i am still stuck in D status....now thats a clusterfuck....

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked. But does someone have all the status codes I can shove down my dealers throat? They literally told me this today.
“So pre-production and production are both D status, finished production ready for/completed inspection is D1 status”

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You would think if you put in an order for a 21 in March and then had RAM switch you over to a 22 in Late July/Early August that you would be somewhere near the top....at least at the top of your trim....but almost 50 percent of 6700 ?? Sports ordered have been built and i am still stuck in D status....now thats a clusterfuck....
Yeah, I'd have bought another GMC if I had to deal with that crap.

RAM has until the Denali Ultimate shows up at my dealer back home to get me my truck...

Matruitt4200

Reaction score
Ram Chat is absolutely worthless. Three weeks ago they told me I was in D1 Status and today, they tell me that my VIN is not assigned to a truck. I am really done with dealing with these people. Unfortunately, my dealership isn’t much help either. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathis35

Reaction score

RAM has until the Denali Ultimate shows up at my dealer back home to get me my truck...
You've seen the price on the Denali Ultimate I assume? Probably ~$20k more than the truck configured in your sig. It's a nice looking truck, but man is it expensive.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Ram Chat is absolutely worthless. Three weeks ago they told me I was in D1 Status and today, they tell me that my VIN is not assigned to a truck. I am really done with dealing with these people. Unfortunately, my dealership isn’t much help either. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
do you deal with the sales person or go above their head?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
You've seen the price on the Denali Ultimate I assume? Probably ~$20k more than the truck configured in your sig. It's a nice looking truck, but man is it expensive.
Well, when it can drive itself and massage you while doing it, it's probably justified. Not to mention, there isn't any cheap burlap anywhere inside the cab.

Ram needs to release a SuperLimited that has the 6.2L, no burlap, massage seats, and self-driving capabilities to keep up.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have. I'd have ordered a loaded up Limited, but I needed the payload.

We're downsizing our travel trailer next month, so no longer as restricted there.

PCHokie

Reaction score

I reserved one in the first five minutes. They say production start date is Feb 7, I hope my reservation ID comes up soon so I can start this ridiculous process all over again. I hope GMC has their **** together and it is not a repeat of this.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
The Anti-spin is included in the Night Edition package. You can add is separately if you don’t want the night package.
It wasn't included in the Night Edition of my Limited. Not sure if the package is different for other trim levels.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems apparent that they're not "waiting for parts" for some of our orders...they're just stretching their parts. Instead of making one highly-optioned truck, they can make 3-4 trucks with pieces and parts of our orders.
For example, you can see my build in my signature below.
49 trucks today have Ramboxes
17 trucks today have Tech Group
114 trucks today have Pano Sunroof

But lookie here:
1 truck today has the Multi-Function tailgate (surprising and concerning)
1 truck today has Advanced Safety Group (also surprising and concerning)
My build has no tech package, no rambox, no mft, no pano roof or safety group.....

Users who are viewing this thread