5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you using to clean/shine your wheels?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I was applying some Griots Gel to my tires this evening after washing my truck and realized that I don't have anything specifically formulated for cleaning and shining my wheels.

What are you folks using for yours?

badpewterz

Reaction score
if there nasty superior products dark fury (rage) mixed 4:1 or they have premix at orileys now
if there not to bad p&s brake buster 5:1 if bulk or there 16oz is ready to use.
(both also work great on the tires too)
soft wheel brush and soft detail brush for lugs and crevices
once clean mckees 37 hydro blue misted on/ rinsed off and dry done and protected looking great

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once the wheels are clean, I highly recommend Carpro Hydro2 to protect them.

Simple spay on spray off with water. So easy and so good. Lasts about 3 months or so.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
i'll probably catch it but I use Formula 409 and then soapy water. It cleans well and my tires will be germ free. :p

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I spray down wheel and tire with APC (I'm not picky on brand for APCs), wipe down with soapy water using soft bristle wheel brush and wash mitt. After applying tire shine, I wipe down the wheel with glass cleaner, then every other wash I apply Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating to protect.

XmikeX

Reaction score
Just put on some Matte black wheels and was wondering if you guys use any special matte cleaner or just soap and water? Can one also use either liquid or spray on ceramic wax to protect the wheels? I know wax usually adds some sort of shine to them so I don't want to ruin the finish.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used Gyeon Q2 Rim to coat mine. It’s supposedly last for more than a year, and makes the wheels very easy to clean.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok so has anybody found anything good enough to apply and not scrub the wheel ?
Nope. I've tried a few wheel cleaners and just recently Chemical Guys Diablo and it didn't work any better than rinsing them off with a hose. I get better results cleaning my wheels with Sprayway glass cleaner and a rag. It's time consuming but they get much cleaner. I haven't tried coating my wheels with a product that makes them easier to clean. Maybe that's the solution.

badpewterz

Reaction score
Ok so has anybody found anything good enough to apply and not scrub the wheel ?
the issue with that will be it will be to harsh and ruin the wheels. to get them clean you need to agitate. p&s full strength or 50/50 will get you to about 80% clean that way with a pressure washer as will a few select other cleaners but to get them fully clean you need to agitate them. just like a touchless car wash does good but its high PH chemicals and still doesn't get completely clean. now what these cleaners do DO is soften and loosen the brake dust and grime so a simple wash mitt or sponge or soft wheel brush will clean them with very little effort. hope that helps clear it up for you

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you wax or ceramic coat your wheels, not much sticks to them.

Treat them like to do any other painted surface of your vehicle. And don’t use harsh wheel cleaners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XmikeX

Reaction score
If you wax or ceramic coat your wheels, not much sticks to them.

Treat them like to do any other painted surface of your vehicle. And don’t use harsh wheel cleaners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking of doing that but I just don't want to add any shine to them but I might have to bite the bullet and get a little shine.

Cajun_

Reaction score
gyeon has some good stuff. Adams does as well. I'm waiting to get past my can of hot shine to try them out. Hot shine works great but you need to watch for sling.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
gyeon has some good stuff. Adams does as well. I'm waiting to get past my can of hot shine to try them out. Hot shine works great but you need to watch for sling.
That sling is the worst. I just bought some gel that claims to not sling. I can’t remember the name of it right now, but if it’s any good, I’ll post it up here.

Users who are viewing this thread