5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cajun_

Reaction score
Three bucket meathod (wheels, rinse and wash), pressure washer with foam cannon or garden hose with Adams premium foam gun. Adams soft water filters.

Rinse wheels and spray with gyeon wheel and tire cleaners in foaming sprayer. Rinse and spray with gyeon wetcoat and rinse with pressure washer.

Pre spray paint with rinseless wash
Rinse paint with pressure washer.

Foam cannon with gsf from koch chemie. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse off using mist from pressure washer.

Debug with gtechnic w8 v2, and remove water spots with Adams water spot remover, and treat ppf with ironx or ceramic pro cleaner. Clean grill with soft brushes.

Rinse with soft water

Snow foam with foam cannon again with gsf from koch chemie.

Wash bucket has Adams car shampoo in it but you can use anything that lubricates the paint the most and doesn't have wax in it.

Use microfiber pad on extendable arm to scrub roof, window and center of hood.

Use microfiber pad (microfiber madness or the rag company) for side windows and top half of truck above chrome trim.

Use chemical guys wash mit for lower half of truck to pick up larger debris that may still be on paint.

Use soft brush to wash any trim and badges.

Rinse with soft water.

Spray paint with wetcoat if using pressure washer and rinse again.

Spray paint with xtream solutions topper and dry with twisted drying towel (Adams or the rag company or griots garage).

Leaf blow all cracks and badges and wipe dry again.

Shine tires with whatever you want. I haven't decided on anything specific yet.

Clean glass with invisible glass or spray away with waffle weave microfiber towel.

After an hour, follow up with a final layer of xtream solutions topper, angle polish high gloss, xxx, or p&s beed maker to reduce dust and increase gloss through the roof.

After that you should be able to maintain the truck every week with just a rinseless wash and the topper until you find tree sap, bird crap or mud starts sticking to the paint (about 3 months). Or you can be crazy like me and do all this every week and do the rinseless wash every night if I have time.

I vacuum the inside and kick anyone out who tried to eat in the truck. Color guard leather cleaner is nice. Gyeon makes a good general purpose interior cleaner.

Just curious to see if anyone else is as nuts as I am when it comes to washing their truck.

Attachments

• 20210926_161426.jpg
    20210926_161426.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 105

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel accomplished if I can get it washed once a week lol and I don’t go anywhere near your level of extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cajun_

Reaction score
I run it through the automatic car wash......its transportation
Nah its my excuse to not be doing other things. Plus all that really only takes 30 minutes at the most if you exclude the waiting time needed for the chemicals to work.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why not just ceramic coat the truck? Then I’m most cases you just need to use the foam gun and microfiber to dry it. Really cuts down in washing times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimk hunt

Reaction score
One bucket with several wash mits. Do a section with a mit then don't use it again till next wash. No need to use so many buckets that way.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Why not just ceramic coat the truck? Then I’m most cases you just need to use the foam gun and microfiber to dry it. Really cuts down in washing times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
truck is ceramic coated. Unfortunately, due to the chemicals and sugar in the air from my works cooling tower constantly raining down onto my paint I need to do a lot of extra work to prevent essentially the worse case of water spotting you will ever see. The daily rinse takes 10 minutes and doesn't require touching the paint and is just to remove the sugar dust. If I didn't ceramic coat the truck I wouldn't have paint in 3 years.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Debug with gtechnic w8 v2, and remove water spots with Adams water spot remover, and treat ppf with
Just picked up gtechnic w8 v2 and excited to use it….plan to do it next weekend…did you have to let it dwell for a while?

Cajun_

Reaction score
Just picked up gtechnic w8 v2 and excited to use it….plan to do it next weekend…did you have to let it dwell for a while?
Depends on how caked on it is. I normally give the entire front a light spray while it is wet and go over it with a soft detailing brush or aggressive microfiber towel and by the time I give everything a scrub and rise, 99% of the bugs will be gone. After that just use it in spots until the bugs are completely gone. You can leave it on the paint after you give it a scrub as long as you want, just don't let it dry on the vehicle. Let the spray do all the work, you really only want to agitate it to bring out a little foam. If you don't agitate then you will end up using a lot of spray. If you really dont want to touch your truck at all you can use one of those foaming hand held pump sprayers. Just spray it on and give it a minute then rinse off. I personally haven't tried that but have seen it on youtube. That bottle should last half a year or more with weekly washes. It's safe to use on your PPF and with your ceramic coating you really wont need much.

Cajun_

Reaction score
To update anyone else reading this post for suggestions for new products. I've testing using this Ammo obey to clean the touch screen. I have no idea what magic they put in this bottle but it prevents fingerprints completely for about 1 to 2 weeks. Only issue is how fast it dries when its hot. I still prefer invisible glass or spray away for glass cleaner due to availability, price and ease of use but I will be using this from now on to clean the touch screen. Also seems to work well with the black glossy plastic as well.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Three bucket meathod (wheels, rinse and wash), pressure washer with foam cannon or garden hose with Adams premium foam gun. Adams soft water filters.

Rinse wheels and spray with gyeon wheel and tire cleaners in foaming sprayer. Rinse and spray with gyeon wetcoat and rinse with pressure washer.

Pre spray paint with rinseless wash
Rinse paint with pressure washer.

Foam cannon with gsf from koch chemie. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse off using mist from pressure washer.

Debug with gtechnic w8 v2, and remove water spots with Adams water spot remover, and treat ppf with ironx or ceramic pro cleaner. Clean grill with soft brushes.

Rinse with soft water

Snow foam with foam cannon again with gsf from koch chemie.

Wash bucket has Adams car shampoo in it but you can use anything that lubricates the paint the most and doesn't have wax in it.

Use microfiber pad on extendable arm to scrub roof, window and center of hood.

Use microfiber pad (microfiber madness or the rag company) for side windows and top half of truck above chrome trim.

Use chemical guys wash mit for lower half of truck to pick up larger debris that may still be on paint.

Use soft brush to wash any trim and badges.

Rinse with soft water.

Spray paint with wetcoat if using pressure washer and rinse again.

Spray paint with xtream solutions topper and dry with twisted drying towel (Adams or the rag company or griots garage).

Leaf blow all cracks and badges and wipe dry again.

Shine tires with whatever you want. I haven't decided on anything specific yet.

Clean glass with invisible glass or spray away with waffle weave microfiber towel.

After an hour, follow up with a final layer of xtream solutions topper, angle polish high gloss, xxx, or p&s beed maker to reduce dust and increase gloss through the roof.

After that you should be able to maintain the truck every week with just a rinseless wash and the topper until you find tree sap, bird crap or mud starts sticking to the paint (about 3 months). Or you can be crazy like me and do all this every week and do the rinseless wash every night if I have time.

I vacuum the inside and kick anyone out who tried to eat in the truck. Color guard leather cleaner is nice. Gyeon makes a good general purpose interior cleaner.

Just curious to see if anyone else is as nuts as I am when it comes to washing their truck.
Lol someone watches Pan The Organizer! I thought I did a thorough job, but dang you must spend 4+ hours on all that though huh?

Cajun_

Reaction score
Lol someone watches Pan The Organizer! I thought I did a thorough job, but dang you must spend 4+ hours on all that though huh?
It's about 2 hours max. I also only need to do that full thing every 2 to 3 months.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To update anyone else reading this post for suggestions for new products. I've testing using this Ammo obey to clean the touch screen. I have no idea what magic they put in this bottle but it prevents fingerprints completely for about 1 to 2 weeks. Only issue is how fast it dries when its hot. I still prefer invisible glass or spray away for glass cleaner due to availability, price and ease of use but I will be using this from now on to clean the touch screen. Also seems to work well with the black glossy plastic as well.

I got a screen protector from one of the vendors on here a while back. It was pricey, I think $30-35, but it prevents any and all fingerprints. The only thing I do is a quick wipe with the towel I keep next to my leg to get the dust off. Haven't touched it other than that in over a year.

I think my truck's been washed 3 times in 2 years? :LOL:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It's about 2 hours max. I also only need to do that full thing every 2 to 3 months.
Wow you must haul ***! I pressure wash the truck, use the 2 bucket method with chemical guys v07 and a wash mit from carpros, spray the wheels and tires with adams wheel & tire cleaner out of my pump foamer (not a fan of it though), scrub a little, power wash again, spray a mix of chemical guys detail spray and turtle wax graphene wax, dry the truck. Use the same combo and go over the whole truck to increase gloss. Use same combo on my wheels. Invisible glass for the windows. Apply Chemical guys Tire Kicker shine on the tires with a horse hair brush. Wipe down the wheel well liners with the tire shine. Wipe down the door jams. That process takes me 2 hours if I’m hauling *** but usually 3 hours. 30 minutes is just setup and cleanup though.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Wow you must haul ***! I pressure wash the truck, use the 2 bucket method with chemical guys v07 and a wash mit from carpros, spray the wheels and tires with adams wheel & tire cleaner out of my pump foamer (not a fan of it though), scrub a little, power wash again, spray a mix of chemical guys detail spray and turtle wax graphene wax, dry the truck. Use the same combo and go over the whole truck to increase gloss. Use same combo on my wheels. Invisible glass for the windows. Apply Chemical guys Tire Kicker shine on the tires with a horse hair brush. Wipe down the wheel well liners with the tire shine. Wipe down the door jams. That process takes me 2 hours if I’m hauling *** but usually 3 hours. 30 minutes is just setup and cleanup though.
Covers for buckets let's you keep the microfiber and water and soap in the buckets. Only prep I need is filling the foam cannon. Keeps the weekly wash and simi daily rinses to kock off dust down to less than half an hour. Having a really good leaf blower speeds drying up alot as well.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Covers for buckets let's you keep the microfiber and water and soap in the buckets. Only prep I need is filling the foam cannon. Keeps the weekly wash and simi daily rinses to kock off dust down to less than half an hour. Having a really good leaf blower speeds drying up alot as well.
Interesting you keep your water and soap in the bucket and you leave your microfibers in there too? I have to grab the garden hose, fill my buckets, then screw it into my pressure washer, and then screw the hose with the wand on. It’s not much but it takes about 7 minutes id guess. And then clean up always takes about twice as long. I have a couple really good drying towels from carpros but no air blower. Still drying the whole truck only takes about 10 minutes max. Probably the most time consuming part of the whole wash is just pressure washing it twice (before and after using soap and the wash mitt) because I’m super anal about it lol.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Interesting you keep your water and soap in the bucket and you leave your microfibers in there too? I have to grab the garden hose, fill my buckets, then screw it into my pressure washer, and then screw the hose with the wand on. It’s not much but it takes about 7 minutes id guess. And then clean up always takes about twice as long. I have a couple really good drying towels from carpros but no air blower. Still drying the whole truck only takes about 10 minutes max. Probably the most time consuming part of the whole wash is just pressure washing it twice (before and after using soap and the wash mitt) because I’m super anal about it lol.
yeah everything stays in the buckets unless I clean them. Pressure washer stays hooked up to the soft water filters. I try to minimize how much I actually touch the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/