5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram power running board 2020

country4life

Reaction score
when I open my door it takes like 30seconds to deploy the running board is it ok to step onto the board as it’s not fully deployed say if I’m in a rush to get to work or something? Or is it hard on the motor ?

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
30sec?? May need to oil the hinge. I assume it doesn't like being stepped on while lowering.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The boards should deploy immediately. If you step on them while they're moving one of 3 things will happen...I've experienced all three on occasion when when I get out so fast that my foot is on them before the door is fully opened. ;)
1. nothing, they continue to deploy
2. they stop at the point that you stepped on them and dont finish deploying
3. They immediately retract.

country4life

Reaction score
The boards should deploy immediately. If you step on them while they're moving one of 3 things will happen...I've experienced all three on occasion when when I get out so fast that my foot is on them before the door is fully opened. ;)
1. nothing, they continue to deploy
2. they stop at the point that you stepped on them and dont finish deploying
3. They immediately retract.
Yea they deploy immediately I mean to be fully down thanks for ur reply

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
When the door is opened, that side deploys FULLY all the way down in 2 seconds. What do you mean 30 seconds?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine don't seem slow to me, but then again I'm not usually in a hurry to get into or out of my truck. 30 seconds would seem like an eternity though. Definitely something wrong there. I don't think it would be good to step on them while they're in motion.

country4life

Reaction score
Obviously it’s 2 seconds lol but it seems longer when yah gotta boogie it’s a new truck with 2000 miles the boards are fine I was just wondering if it’s ok to step onto the board while it’s not fully down

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Obviously it’s 2 seconds lol but it seems longer when yah gotta boogie it’s a new truck with 2000 miles the boards are fine I was just wondering if it’s ok to step onto the board while it’s not fully down

Hopefully it's ok to do so, I ride them down a bit when it's downpouring and I want to get in quickly so my interior doesn't get flooded.

Otherwise mine deploy quickly enough to not be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online