5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just a heads up for something for y'all to watch out for, and I hope it's just an isolated issue with my truck. I've got less than 400 miles on the new Rebel GT and already having some issues. I noticed shortly after I got the truck the stop/start function wasn't working. Not a big fan of it anyway. At 88 miles I decided to put the truck in tow mode driving through town and the check engine light came on and and an alert to service the S/S system popped up, and the truck went into limp mode. So I limped back home, shut it down and cleared the code with my scanner. Started back up and everything was fine and the S/S function began working as it should. This has happened three times now, each time shortly after I put the truck into tow mode.

Also, I notice the front speakers make a crackling/static popping sound when the doors are open, like there's a bad ground or something, and the dome light flickers.
Along with those two issues, the 12" screen has a mind of its own and flickers off and on or just decides to start changing screens willy nilly.

Anyway, it seems like there are some electrical issues going on. I've got it scheduled to go into the dealership and hoping it's something simple. Other than that, the truck is fantastic but I'm not feeling too confident right now.
people have been reporting to check all fuses both under the dash and under the hood. many of the fuses are not seated all the way and work their way lose.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Reached out to my salesman for info on the 27th. He followed up today saying he hopes to hear back early next week. Kinda makes me a little more optimistic that he did reach out instead of just giving me a canned response right away. I'll let you know what I hear.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Reached out to my salesman for info on the 27th. He followed up today saying he hopes to hear back early next week. Kinda makes me a little more optimistic that he did reach out instead of just giving me a canned response right away. I'll let you know what I hear.
My small local dealership (that I ordered from) has a back country with a window sticker. It's missing a lot of options that I ordered though (no pano, no ASG, no Premium Lighting, and 3.21 instead of 3.92). Still a little frustrating though. It is a 131 vin while I'm 150. I think my salesmen ordered it after I went in to talk to him about ordering. Talked to him 7/24 about back country and basically introduced him to it and placed my order over the phone with him on 8/6.

Mathis35

Reaction score
and the pisser is if they can't pull it from D-1, I ain't taken it, because the dealer left off something important to me.
What did they leave off? Nothing that can be added later I guess?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, quick question for the group. When I look to the ram trucks builder I can't build a Rebel with the RamBar, but I currently find almost 100 Rebels built with RamBars. Were they orderable early on and have been removed as an option now? Anyone have an insight on this?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, quick question for the group. When I look to the ram trucks builder I can't build a Rebel with the RamBar, but I currently find almost 100 Rebels built with RamBars. Were they orderable early on and have been removed as an option now? Anyone have an insight on this?
I do not recall seeing that as an option when I ordered my Rebel. And I'm pretty sure I'd remember, because I would have thought, "truck mullet". But I can't make too much fun of it, because the TRX that I'm switching to will have the mullet.

HEMI-MOPAR2022

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new to all this but my 2022 Bighorn will be my first official truck! For which I am so excited!! I’ll also be trading in my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that I bought brand new last year to get my truck. Also, here is my VIN that I would like added to the 2022 RAM Tracker

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new to all this but my 2022 Bighorn will be my first official truck! For which I am so excited!! I’ll also be trading in my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that I bought brand new last year to get my truck. Also, here is my VIN that I would like added to the 2022 RAM Tracker

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your order! You can go here to register as well as find some other information on the tracker.

jbilicki72

Reaction score
It's part of the off road group for $3100.00

grogol

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Laramie Quad Cab last night from New Holland Auto Group in New Holland, PA. They are great guys to work with! I ordered the truck in late May, it was built on 9/16, and I picked it up at the dealer 10/29. I drove home 40 miles in the dark in a blinding rainstorm - white knuckles all the way 'cause I didn't want to wreck the truck on my first hour of ownership. The truck is smooth riding, quiet inside, quick, and seems to be well put together. I have the Off Road package, the Bed Utility Group, and Laramie Level B along with rear wheel well liners.

Attachments

• 2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cab front quarter view.jpg
    2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cab front quarter view.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cab rear quarter view.jpg
    2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cab rear quarter view.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 83
  • 2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cabe dashboard.jpg
    2022 Ram Laramie Quad Cabe dashboard.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 82

Biston

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Laramie Quad Cab last night from New Holland Auto Group in New Holland, PA. They are great guys to work with! I ordered the truck in late May, it was built on 9/16, and I picked it up at the dealer 10/29. I drove home 40 miles in the dark in a blinding rainstorm - white knuckles all the way 'cause I didn't want to wreck the truck on my first hour of ownership. The truck is smooth riding, quiet inside, quick, and seems to be well put together. I have the Off Road package, the Bed Utility Group, and Laramie Level B along with rear wheel well liners.
Looks good! I’m interested which accent color I’m going to get around the screen. When you build a 2022 it looks grey/silver compared to the goldish color yours came with. I think either looks okay, just confused which one I’ll get. I’ve seen both on the 2022’s. I’m “hopefully” a few weeks out from delivery. Can’t wait to share my Laramie pics. Enjoy that truck sir!

Scott_R

Reaction score
God bless all of you able to do this for months.

I prefer to think of it as upgrading, and not just giving up.... Heading over at 3 this afternoon. (Pictures once we have a sunny day.)

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Well, slight change... They had the wrong truck delivered from their sister dealership. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Looks like I'll be waiting a bit. As might be of interest, the VIN for the Longhorn will be 101351

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the offroad group isnt available on ramtrucks builder then. OR, could be that I need to stop using my "man eyes" on as my wife calls it when I am just missing something right in front of my face.
It’s definitely there. My wife says something similar to me hourly.

1635626177415.png

Users who are viewing this thread