5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could there be shenanigans with the early orders and the dealer taking more allotments than they were allowed? Like the early MD orders, it seems like you said the orders that took place right before MY22 production start are being built.
On another note, I know you been looking into payload. My company car a Pacifica sticker says 1150, just like a lot of loaded Limited's. Laters
My current ride (JGC) is at 1050, only about 215lbs less than my Ram 😕

My next vehicle will probably be a 2500.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
So I'm going to call complete BS on everything that Ram Chat said. I happen to have a LOT of build sheets that are almost identical to the order I placed. If they built trucks "by configuration", then mine would have been included when they built these.
For example, just yesterday there were several Rebel build sheets produced (Rebel 12, Rebel Level 2, Tech Group, Comfort/Convenience Group, Advanced Safety Group, Night Edition, Pano sunroof, MFT, etc.). Oh and yeah, those Rebels (with VINs as high as 192xxx) have power folding mirrors. Whereas they went and deleted that from my order, and haven't even bothered to schedule it yet.
I was going to be really pissed about higher VINs getting what they ordered and my order changing to level B. I just checked my build sheet and it changed to Level 2 and now has power-folding mirrors after complaining to Sandi @ MD. We’ll see what they actually put on it, but I would suggest if your order is changed without your consent **** and moan to the dealer.

DizzyDean13

Reaction score
I picked up my rebel today
I’m so happy and I hope the rest of you get your trucks soon
already got my borla exhaust on and she sounds great!
More pictures to come once I get the front skid plate linex’d
And the accessories I decided to add after the purchase (side steps, bed rails, bed step)

Attachments

• 39EA644E-C338-4297-A9BF-A869CB35517F.jpeg
    39EA644E-C338-4297-A9BF-A869CB35517F.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 99
  • F19DC711-BB13-4D20-BC7D-739C43B895FC.jpeg
    F19DC711-BB13-4D20-BC7D-739C43B895FC.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 99

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Heads up for anyone about to pick up their truck, there's a $500 incentive my dealer was able to get me. Not sure if it's regional or during a certain time but it's worth asking about if it's not already implemented in your deal. Only incentive I'm aware of for 22 dts other than special financing @ a 4 year term

Scott_R

Reaction score
God bless all of you able to do this for months.

I prefer to think of it as upgrading, and not just giving up.... Heading over at 3 this afternoon. (Pictures once we have a sunny day.)

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
has anyone heard what options are currently causing the delays? I have seen limiteds build that only are missing trailer tow package from what I order(June) and yet I am still in D with no timeframe….😭
I've seen similar builds to mine. Only one had more and it was an Ecodiesel and a higher Vin. The rest of those builds had trailer tow but were missing maybe ORG and ram boxes. All kinds of combos but nothing like mine.

I do wonder if there's not a component of price involved. Us June orders after pricing was released are locked in. I've been watching window stickers and I've seen a LOT of limiteds with less than what I have with a higher MSRP.

DTol

Reaction score
Well my truck was off loaded at the Cottage Grove MN rail yard last night. Now waiting for it to be trucked to the dealership 35 miles away. Should be able to pick it up next week.

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I've seen similar builds to mine. Only one had more and it was an Ecodiesel and a higher Vin. The rest of those builds had trailer tow but were missing maybe ORG and ram boxes. All kinds of combos but nothing like mine.

I do wonder if there's not a component of price involved. Us June orders after pricing was released are locked in. I've been watching window stickers and I've seen a LOT of limiteds with less than what I have with a higher MSRP.
Yep. I put in a change request with Sandi on Friday to add the Limited Level 1. If accepted, it will raise my base MSRP by $1500. With their price structure it will raise my base cost around $1000. Paying the stupid tax for not just getting it to begin with. Also, it meant my truck wasn't in D1 yet... so that sucks.

chris288

Reaction score
they seem to be building higher vin rebels with GT package over rebels without it. that is the only thing i can pinpoint. there are a few rebels with higher vins than mine with the same equipment.

Camel_City

Reaction score
Just a heads up for something for y'all to watch out for, and I hope it's just an isolated issue with my truck. I've got less than 400 miles on the new Rebel GT and already having some issues. I noticed shortly after I got the truck the stop/start function wasn't working. Not a big fan of it anyway. At 88 miles I decided to put the truck in tow mode driving through town and the check engine light came on and and an alert to service the S/S system popped up, and the truck went into limp mode. So I limped back home, shut it down and cleared the code with my scanner. Started back up and everything was fine and the S/S function began working as it should. This has happened three times now, each time shortly after I put the truck into tow mode.

Also, I notice the front speakers make a crackling/static popping sound when the doors are open, like there's a bad ground or something, and the dome light flickers.
Along with those two issues, the 12" screen has a mind of its own and flickers off and on or just decides to start changing screens willy nilly.

Anyway, it seems like there are some electrical issues going on. I've got it scheduled to go into the dealership and hoping it's something simple. Other than that, the truck is fantastic but I'm not feeling too confident right now.

Users who are viewing this thread