5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rides great. If anything, it's a touch more firm than the factey ORG shocks.
Interesting, my truck is a little nose high whenever I put anything in the bed so I’ll drop down to setting 4 in the coming weeks. I knew setting 4 was the way to go!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol that was close 😬
Lol, it can’t get much closer. It rubs the weather seal at the top of the door. I don’t know what maniac built a garage with 14 foot ceilings that I can put a lift in but has such a low garage door.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any updates on the drivability?
Over very light bumps it’s a tad rougher than stock. However, I would rate the overall ride is better than stock and the manners of the suspension are much more well-behaved than stock. Eibach really did a good job with the valving on the shocks. I was waiting to do something like this before getting an upgraded rear sway bar and I don’t think I need to do it now since I don’t tow. In addition, my E load range tires make this thing feel like it hugs curves. I will be making a thread with a bunch of pictures of my install.

With all that being said, if Kelderman comes out with a bolt on air suspension for lifted trucks, I will probably take this off and install one of those just because I love good air suspension so much. This is the first truck I’ve owned (so far) that I haven’t installed air suspension on.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Yesterday. Got rid of the chrome halogens for night edition halogens. Led's are nice but i dont wana spend an arm and a leg if a led goes out on them sealed units.
View attachment 109352
Looks good, and I hear ya. If one of my led headlamps go bad, I'll. Probably just gut them both and retrofit some projectors in them. After reading the fine print, no lighting is covered by my extended warranty. I could build a system that destroys the output on these for about 350 bucks vs the cost of one of these.

If I had yours, I'd have already retrofitted some projectors in them.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, and I hear ya. If one of my led headlamps go bad, I'll. Probably just gut them both and retrofit some projectors in them. After reading the fine print, no lighting is covered by my extended warranty. I could build a system that destroys the output on these for about 350 bucks vs the cost of one of these.

If I had yours, I'd have already retrofitted some projectors in them.

You have my attention….

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over very light bumps it’s a tad rougher than stock. However, I would rate the overall ride is better than stock and the manners of the suspension are much more well-behaved than stock. Eibach really did a good job with the valving on the shocks. I was waiting to do something like this before getting an upgraded rear sway bar and I don’t think I need to do it now since I don’t tow. In addition, my E load range tires make this thing feel like it hugs curves. I will be making a thread with a bunch of pictures of my install.

With all that being said, if Kelderman comes out with a bolt on air suspension for lifted trucks, I will probably take this off and install one of those just because I love good air suspension so much. This is the first truck I’ve owned (so far) that I haven’t installed air suspension on.
Hmm I wonder how much stiffer the suspension is then mine with the spacer lift. You do the rear springs already too? Post some pictures when you can.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
You have my attention….
Don't jinx me. I just got the truck .

I think a mini h1 or one of the newer led projectors would fit nicely in oem led housings. Hard part would be fabricating the back of the headlight to accept them.. Theoretically, if you installed led projectors, you could just seal it all up.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put the front end back together.
Only thing left is the LED lights and i might not get them made until well into winter. Sooo.
its funny, making the lights dosn’t faze me,
but tieing into the trucks wiring freaks me out. View attachment 109374 View attachment 109375 View attachment 109376 View attachment 109377
That grill looks good and I like it much better without the 4 amber lights. The TRX doesn't have lights in the grille, so I'm not sure why they included them. Are you going to mount the RAM letters? I think it might look better with the letters installed.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder how much stiffer the suspension is then mine with the spacer lift. You do the rear springs already too? Post some pictures when you can.
I did everything except a real alignment. When I’m not inebriated, I’ll post the thread with all the pictures

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread