5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash delamination 2019 Laramie longhorn

Minnie Pearl

Reaction score
Anybody had the leather das start to delaminate and peel up on the dash board? My dash just started trick. Drove to dealer last Friday 10/22/21 and showed the service writer. He took pictures, took vin # took mileage (11,250 +/-), and basically told me expect 6 months before a new dash gets in. Truck sat on the dealer lot for a year, I bought it August 2020, been undercover in a big shed ever since.

smashweights

Reaction score
My 2019 limited did this. Took like 2-3 weeks to get a new one. Apparently it's a big job too. But looks nice and went well. Warranty covered.

Attachments

• PXL_20210427_115634886.jpg
    PXL_20210427_115634886.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 225

Minnie Pearl

Reaction score
My 2019 limited did this. Took like 2-3 weeks to get a new one. Apparently it's a big job too. But looks nice and went well. Warranty covered.
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Yours looks like the same issue and same area next to the defrost vent, but on drive side of center speaker, mine is on passenger side. Bubbles up then flattens out again.

Medic604

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer for the rear water leak and told them about the dash. The service rep. went out to the truck and looked at it and came back and said he noticed it when he opened the door, said he will contact warranty about it. Went to pick up my truck and the service rep. said my 3 year warranty was up in July so it wont be covered. he said extended warranty will not cover it because its a cosmetic problem.

Rollint

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer for the rear water leak and told them about the dash. The service rep. went out to the truck and looked at it and came back and said he noticed it when he opened the door, said he will contact warranty about it. Went to pick up my truck and the service rep. said my 3 year warranty was up in July so it wont be covered. he said extended warranty will not cover it because its a cosmetic problem.
Are you serious!?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you serious!?
It's pretty common for extended warranties to not cover items like this. It definitely pays to fully understand what is and is not covered when you purchase one of those. Don't rely on what the sales rep tells you it covers because they can say whatever they want to make the sale. What matters is what's in writing, not what Freddy the salesman tells you it covers.

Hawk85

Reaction score
Our 2019 limited has the same exact issue on the right side. Have an appointment in 2 weeks with the dealer. Glad to hear it's covered under warranty. Close to the end of the factory warranty but still enough time to fix the issue.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I also have a the dash delamination issue on the driver side dashboard. The dealer has had my truck now for over a week. They claim the tech who began to remove the dash went out with Covid-19 and they want this same tech to reassemble the dash. They have given me a loaner during this time. My warranty is up in June and I wanted to get this taken care of. I'm starting to second guess my decision to have this replaced. Right now I'm just hoping the dash will be replaced correctly and I don't have any issues. I will be going everything with a fine tooth comb and if there's any issues, the truck will stay there until they're corrected.

smashweights

Reaction score
Our 2019 limited has the same exact issue on the right side. Have an appointment in 2 weeks with the dealer. Glad to hear it's covered under warranty. Close to the end of the factory warranty but still enough time to fix the issue.

Be glad it happened during the warranty. My '09 Subaru had a dashboard melting issue about a year after warranty expired.

I also have a the dash delamination issue on the driver side dashboard. The dealer has had my truck now for over a week. They claim the tech who began to remove the dash went out with Covid-19 and they want this same tech to reassemble the dash. They have given me a loaner during this time. My warranty is up in June and I wanted to get this taken care of. I'm starting to second guess my decision to have this replaced. Right now I'm just hoping the dash will be replaced correctly and I don't have any issues. I will be going everything with a fine tooth comb and if there's any issues, the truck will stay there until they're corrected.

I was told before I even left the truck with my dealer this was a huge job that would take all day. I think the dash pad is the "lowest" layer of all the dash pieces so you have to take the entire dash apart, probably unplug a lot. The only thing I think they messed up was a missing clip on the gauge cluster pad, which was later fixed.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Yeah, my dealer never told me that. It's a major pain to leave my truck at the dealer, so I'm hoping everything is put back the way it was.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Be glad it happened during the warranty. My '09 Subaru had a dashboard melting issue about a year after warranty expired.

I was told before I even left the truck with my dealer this was a huge job that would take all day. I think the dash pad is the "lowest" layer of all the dash pieces so you have to take the entire dash apart, probably unplug a lot. The only thing I think they messed up was a missing clip on the gauge cluster pad, which was later fixed.
When the service writer claimed that they we're considering putting placing thier A tech on to finish the job- which they never did- because "He took these dashes apart a million times" when I asked when my truck would be finished after after the 5th day, it was a little disconcerting. So the guy that allegedly been sick all week doesn't have as much experience? I'm trying to be patient, but that truck was expensive and I try to keep it in excellent condition. One thing for sure is that truck won't be leaving the dealer if just one clip is missing, or if everything doesn't work the way it was before I brought it in there.
The dealer has tried to make things right by offering me 3 free oil changes and tire rotations. Nope. I do all my own maintenance. I asked to be taken out of my Enterprise Dodge Challenger loaner and be given a truck loaner instead, which they did.

Last edited:

MTLRAM19

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced for the same reason on a 2020 Limited at 11k miles. Took over a week to have it fixed along with some other issues, but all is well. Hopefully this will not be a reoccurring trend.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
So now they are telling me that they will cover the dash as a Loyalty Warranty, I will have to pay $250 deductible and $70 in tax I didn't ask about a loaner yet. Still deciding if I'm going to do it or trade it in on something else.
I guess it depends on weather you're happy with everything else with your truck. If you want to order a new truck, plan on waiting a few months. Dealer inventory is very low due to the chip shortage and you may be limited to what's available. Also, due to the shortage of new trucks, dealers aren't likely to give you a good deal.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced for the same reason on a 2020 Limited at 11k miles. Took over a week to have it fixed along with some other issues, but all is well. Hopefully this will not be a reoccurring trend.
Yeah, I'm sure the supplier of the dashboards has to reimburse Stellantis for all the labor cost concerning the replacement of the dashboard. You would think they would investigate and correct the issue of their dashboards delaminating.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So now they are telling me that they will cover the dash as a Loyalty Warranty, I will have to pay $250 deductible and $70 in tax I didn't ask about a loaner yet. Still deciding if I'm going to do it or trade it in on something else.

For $320 I’d bite the bullet and replace it, even if you decide to get rid of it I’m sure you’ll be hit harder on trade in value more then that $320 if you just leave it like it is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread