5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 2020 ram 1500 Laramie with Mopar lift and 295 /60 r20 with fuel -18 rims….Ever time I go around curve my traction control light comes on and my truck slows down ….Took to dealership and could fig out what was going on….Has anyone else had this problem ???
cfff6a9d0c10655b550304f174b17409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa, let us know what happens with this

TravisH

Reaction score
Some sites are saying 77072424 does work with my 2020 and some say it doesn’t. The fox shocks are 68323528aa and 68323529aa. Is that all correct?

TravisH

Reaction score
I think I just scored a deal of a lifetime. Got this kit from a guy locally on fb marketplace for $270 brand new. All the shocks were factory sealed in the box but he opened them up for me.
34f1aab9a67adc32fc34250808d712c9.jpg

9a8f100debfed705098129444d301dd4.jpg

7519d9bbf55ce24228535e4ce154a0a1.jpg

c9b9beff1c12f056c563f1aa46f1d9af.jpg

3dfa19064a74f952822c202f6599a2be.jpg

d2d393cea1ab69c9d1ec9609422b2bc6.jpg

c6035ed199de125f37239a2fa0e3c3bb.jpg

cervelo15

Reaction score
So now Im up for putting tires on the truck after putting the Mopar lift on. I've been all over the map for tire sizes, but was figuring to go for the gusto and either put a 295/60 or 295/65 with the Mopar lift. I am using the stock night edition wheels with the +19 offset.

So if I am following the OP's picture, he fit a 35"x12.50" tire with this lift? I'm looking at the Toyos in the above sizes and they are quoted at 11.8" wide for both the 60 and 65. So if I'm following it correct, only variable is the diameter of the tire since the width looks to be the same between the 2:

1634758484206.png

Rowbaretow

Reaction score
Just placed the order for my AD kit. I already have 275/60R20 DURATRACS on my truck which come out to be 33in. Can't wait to get a little more space between the tire and fender. Here is a picture of it now. Tint coming soon.

I noticed no one on here seems to have fender flares. I purchased mine on amazon and I love the look over naked. Any thoughts?

Dealer said the order should take roughly 45 days. I am fine waiting the time over going with another option as I want that factory ride and warranty on my $52k truck.

IMG_6017.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just placed the order for my AD kit. I already have 275/60R20 DURATRACS on my truck which come out to be 33in. Can't wait to get a little more space between the tire and fender. Here is a picture of it now. Tint coming soon.

I noticed no one on here seems to have fender flares. I purchased mine on amazon and I love the look over naked. Any thoughts?

Dealer said the order should take roughly 45 days. I am fine waiting the time over going with another option as I want that factory ride and warranty on my $52k truck.

View attachment 108765
A lot of us have the body color fender flares from the factory. For some reason, I like your flares black. You already have the high level of contrast with black and white, and I think the black flares complements it.

reasons

Reaction score
Anyone run into their parking sensors not working?

I just installed the 77072424AC kit with the ORP springs in front and 295/60R20, and it is giving me close to dead level. I just noticed this morning that my parking sensors are showing unavailable? Is there a calibration that needs to be performed, or am I out of luck with the new ride height?

IMG_3492.jpg IMG_3493.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone run into their parking sensors not working?

I just installed the 77072424AC kit with the ORP springs in front and 295/60R20, and it is giving me close to dead level. I just noticed this morning that my parking sensors are showing unavailable? Is there a calibration that needs to be performed, or am I out of luck with the new ride height?

View attachment 109158 View attachment 109157
If you figure this out, can you post what you found? I have no idea other than you accidentally snipping a wire or something why this would happen.

RedBeard85

Reaction score
FYI anyone running the mopar 2” lift and orp front springs you will likely eventually have issues with the ball joints on the mopar uca’s. I take my truck off road fairly often and my ball joint gave out after 6 months. I almost regret spending the extra money on the “high quality” mopar kit now, even though it did ride very nice when it was in good shape.
Have you since replaced the UCAs ? how did you deal with this? I wont go off road more than 30% a year, but go our every winter/summer and want to be able to without worry.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are those UCA/BJ angles treating you now? Have you had any issues or noticed increase wear anywhere else? It worries me when people make comparisons with the readylift 3.5 which is not recommended...?

Thanks for your feedback.
I swapped out my Mopar UCAs with Rough Country UCAs soon after my lift install. I prob only had the Mopar UCAs on for about 2k miles before swapping.

javiwavi

Reaction score
@Jeffjad lots posts here, kind of hard weed out the info I’m looking for…. I’ve got a question for you. Are you using the RC UCAs with 2in lift? The RC site shows it should only be used with 3-3.5in. So I’m curious if there are really any issues with running less than 3? I’m planning on doing 2.5 with Bilstein 5100s and want to replace UCAs while I’m at it. Just wondering if that is do able or if I’ll have issues with alignment or anything else.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@javiwavi I got about 3" of total lift in the front because I added the ORP springs to my Mopar lift. I have been running the Rough Country UCAs (link below), I know they are for 4th gen RAM's but they work just fine and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I've have them on for 30k miles with no issues at all, alignment is perfect. These UCAs are recommended for 3" of lift.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many inches are the rear spring spacers in the kit?

reasons

Reaction score
If you figure this out, can you post what you found? I have no idea other than you accidentally snipping a wire or something why this would happen.
It ended up being the tire size calibration. I used AlfaOBD to change the tire size to the 34" at the same time. When I changed it back to stock the parking sensors work again.

RedBeard85

Reaction score
@javiwavi I got about 3" of total lift in the front because I added the ORP springs to my Mopar lift. I have been running the Rough Country UCAs (link below), I know they are for 4th gen RAM's but they work just fine and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I've have them on for 30k miles with no issues at all, alignment is perfect. These UCAs are recommended for 3" of lift.

I have had two dealerships tell me that the ORP springs "would not work" or they have not heard of people using them with the mopar lift. Anyone else have this feedback and if so how would you explain it to them in a way that puts them at ease? They said that the spring would not work in the strut...

* reading through earlier threads, seems like the option would be to have a local shop install the kit with ORG springs and put in RC UCAs? Say goodbye to warranty?

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It ended up being the tire size calibration. I used AlfaOBD to change the tire size to the 34" at the same time. When I changed it back to stock the parking sensors work again.
Oh, I was just reading about some guys having issues with that when they were selecting certain years in the alpfa settings.

TravisH

Reaction score
I have had two dealerships tell me that the ORP springs "would not work" or they have not heard of people using them with the mopar lift. Anyone else have this feedback and if so how would you explain it to them in a way that puts them at ease? They said that the spring would not work in the strut...

* reading through earlier threads, seems like the option would be to have a local shop install the kit with ORG springs and put in RC UCAs? Say goodbye to warranty?

I just had a dealership do mine. I ordered the springs on mopar.com and had them sent to the dealer for pickup. I scheduled the lift to be put on and told them they had the springs that I ordered. No questions and they did it.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn't use a dealership for install....most are rather incompetent, didn't trust them. 30k miles with Mopar lift and ORP springs on front, no issues here.

Users who are viewing this thread