5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I noticed the exact same thing and went with a Limited myself. There's quite a few more standard features on the Limited (like the air sus and the wireless charging pad), as well as some nice "upgrades" over the Laramie, like better headlights and higher quality leather on the seats.

If you're that close, I would just get the Limited, unless you REALLY want that console shifter. Cold air intake and cat bak exhaust are pretty basic tune ups you can do yourself later on. Plus, you'll get the blind spot monitor, which you can't get on the Laramie right now (which is bullcrap, but that's a different conversation).

So I’m seriously considering switching my order. I ordered my Laramie GT on September 3rd and and am assuming I’d get out way back in line if I order a limited now. I haven’t really been following anything on the Limited trim in this forum since it wasn’t on my radar until now…but are there major hold ups with options on them as well?

I always wondered with air suspension on trucks if that’s just another thing that could break and be really expensive to fix down the road. This is going to be my “do everything” vehicle. Daily, road trips, possibly pulling a boat and small camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
So I was messing around on the build site and built out a ‘22 limited and it equals within $300 of the fully loaded Laramie GT I ordered.

Besides not getting the GT package…would there be a benefit to getting the limited instead? It has all the same options I put on the Laramie

Powered running board, air suspension, nicest interior, better headlights. BSM and ASG. Theres a lot of Upgrades on the limited or available options that if you're already AT limited money, might be worth it.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Powered running board, air suspension, nicest interior, better headlights. BSM and ASG. Theres a lot of Upgrades on the limited or available options that if you're already AT limited money, might be worth it.

ASG?

Ahhhh advanced safety group I’m guessing

firedfly

Reaction score
ASG?

Ahhhh advanced safety group I’m guessing

Yes, ASG = Advanced Safety Group. ASG isn't standard and actually that package can't be ordered any more. Those features were rolled into the Limited Level 1 package. So, they are still available, but not included as a standard option. I believe the rest of the features he listed are standard on the Limited--including BSM.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Yes, ASG = Advanced Safety Group. ASG isn't standard and actually that package can't be ordered any more. Those features were rolled into the Limited Level 1 package. So, they are still available, but not included as a standard option. I believe the rest of the features he listed are standard on the Limited--including BSM.

Got it. Wow Limited Level 1 is a pricey option! Then it definitely is more than my loaded Laramie so I probably won’t add that.

So comparing the options…I can either get the g/t stuff with the Laramie or for the same cost or get a limited with nicer interior, headlights, and air ride. I would add exhaust down the road probably. Decisions decisions…..

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I'm back at my computer now. I see 94 Back Country trucks built, but none in the past week and a half or so.
I ordered a 2022 Backcountry on 10/12 just heard from the dealer that it is in D status with a number, but of course he did not give me the number yet!!!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it. Wow Limited Level 1 is a pricey option! Then it definitely is more than my loaded Laramie so I probably won’t add that.

So comparing the options…I can either get the g/t stuff with the Laramie or for the same cost or get a limited with nicer interior, headlights, and air ride. I would add exhaust down the road probably. Decisions decisions…..

Check your DM's sent you a message entirely too protracted for this thread lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Backcountry on 10/12 just heard from the dealer that it is in D status with a number, but of course he did not give me the number yet!!!
If you have your VON, then you can try Ram Chat - they'll be able to provide your VIN. Use the "chat" feature on the link below.

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
Thank you all to all the effort and time you guys put into helping me with my order and not going completely crazy from the anxiety of ordering my truck. I finally got my truck last night.
8227cd7262800219caf1b4d5ed495ce1.jpg

[mention]Eighty [/mention]
[mention]triple_B [/mention]

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you all to all the effort and time you guys put into helping me with my order and not going completely crazy from the anxiety of ordering my truck. I finally got my truck last night.

Sweet looking truck man.

Those are Pirelli Scorpions on there right? AS Plus 2?

scott82094

Reaction score

Looks amazing! I also got this color - more pictures/video please!!! To hold us over while we wait for ours 😂

Last edited:

jeeg78

Reaction score

Congrats, Looks great! Have the exact same coming but with a 5'7" box and a diesel. Had white my last 2 & needed a change and thought the granite would look sweet w/ the night pkg - this pic has just reinforced that decision. Thanks for sharing!

BNeal

Reaction score

Sweet! So, whats your opinion of the UConnect 5?

MatthewMjr

Reaction score

Beautiful truck. Enjoy!!!

rtpassini

Reaction score
Just ordered mine 10/15/21. I was waiting for a few months to see what would come out and got sick of waiting. Finally pulled the trigger. I have no patience...this is going to suck. lol.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Father texted me today. His salesman (small town dealer) called him up and claims the truck is built and ships tomorrow. The build sheet went from something along the lines of "information not available" to now saying "unable to fetch information, contact system administrator." So something appears to have changed or be changing.

We'll see how ambitious I get, may do a 2020 vs 2022 comparison video when it shows up. His is also a well loaded Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread