5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fact that there are a lot of TRX's waiting to ship isn't necessarily a smoking gun. It's more a function of the fact that 3/4 of the members on the tracker are TRX buyers.
Totally, I'm just going off of sorting columns and seeing how many don't have WS that had BS just in September alone.

Scott_R

Reaction score
So, I'm probably the only one that missed this, but (at least online) the protection group has been pulled from the Limited, Longhorn and Laramie trims. It's ORG or nothing if you want skid plates. I only bring it up because looking at Limited build sheets similar to mine, the thing that appears to be holding me up is allocation for ORG and Trailer Tow Group
Loosely related, this is really the only reason I went with the ORG. I will very infrequently go off road (beyond a concert's overflow parking), however with the 4 skid plates and tow hooks included, there is not much of a cost increase.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Loosely related, this is really the only reason I went with the ORG. I will very infrequently go off road (beyond a concert's overflow parking), however with the 4 skid plates and tow hooks included, there is not much of a cost increase.
Same here, other than very mild activity on my own property, but I figure it can't hurt to have them.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, other than very mild activity on my own property, but I figure it can't hurt to have them.
Will reduce your payload a smidge. All the plates together are pretty heavy. That being said, I was gonna get them myself (same logic) but they had dropped them not too long before I ordered.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
We're early orders though. I'm just saying it's not available to select when building online, but it is there for the Bighorn. If it's accurate, everyone else would have to order ORG in order to get skid plates.
I know that when I placed my order (early July), I was told that the ORG was the only way to get skid plates from the factory.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Will reduce your payload a smidge. All the plates together are pretty heavy. That being said, I was gonna get them myself (same logic) but they had dropped them not too long before I ordered.
Not enough where I would hesitate to put a load of firewood back there... With the short bed, only so much weight I can load. :)

Meanwhile, I'm reading up on the towing thread to get my head around weight distribution hitches. Took a trip cross country this year in my current truck to collect servers from our San Diego office, and I sure noticed it on the way back with a full trailer.

Figuring my next purchase will be a smaller travel trailer. (Just big enough to sleep in if weather makes tent setup complicated.)

2021 Roadtrip - 658 -_.jpg

kesta1986

Reaction score
I am also KZS (according to the dealer). Would love to know that this status means. Do all trucks leave SHAP by rail, or do some go directly on a car carrier trailer if they are within a certain proximity to the plant?
I have no idea. From what my dealer sent me last week, mine left on a truck from SHAP and ended up at JNAP in downtown Detroit. And there it sits…not sure why…and I can’t find KZS on any status code lists. Maybe @triple_B or @Eighty have insight as to the code meaning?
Another members truck with a WS same time as mine is already on a rail car to MA where mine is headed so not sure why mine didn’t make it on too…

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not enough where I would hesitate to put a load of firewood back there... With the short bed, only so much weight I can load. :)

Meanwhile, I'm reading up on the towing thread to get my head around weight distribution hitches. Took a trip cross country this year in my current truck to collect servers from our San Diego office, and I sure noticed it on the way back with a full trailer.

Figuring my next purchase will be a smaller travel trailer. (Just big enough to sleep in if weather makes tent setup complicated.)

View attachment 108515
Oh lord, I've been researching WDH's for weeks, I still don't know which one I want lol. Right now I'm between the Equalizer, the Blue Ox, and the Andersen (newest version). I'd be curious to know which one you go with when you pick it!

DizzyDean13

Reaction score
just another weird timeline here is my story
Truck built (build sheet) 9/16
Sent to storage
Window sticker 10/14
Truck is still at the yard in Michigan awaiting a TRUCK not train to pick it up.
It’s a 7 hour drive from Michigan to where I am in Canada.
window sticker does not mean the truck has shipped or will be shipped anytime in the next 4-7 days

Scott_R

Reaction score
Oh lord, I've been researching WDH's for weeks, I still don't know which one I want lol. Right now I'm between the Equalizer, the Blue Ox, and the Andersen (newest version). I'd be curious to know which one you go with when you pick it!
Have to pick the trailer first! I'll also be without any truck from November 13th until the new one is ordered delivered... What are you planning to haul?

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I have no idea. From what my dealer sent me last week, mine left on a truck from SHAP and ended up at JNAP in downtown Detroit. And there it sits…not sure why…and I can’t find KZS on any status code lists. Maybe @triple_B or @Eighty have insight as to the code meaning?
Another members truck with a WS same time as mine is already on a rail car to MA where mine is headed so not sure why mine didn’t make it on too…
I think your talking about my truck. I just checked and it's NOT on a train yet. It has been released for shipping but has not been shipped yet.

o4major97

Reaction score

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
People aren't shy about hijacking this thread are they.
At this point, does it matter? Everything is a damned clustertruck, be it Stellantis, SHAP, this thread, or my bowels after trying Arby's' new rib sandwich (take it from me, it's a HARD PASS).

giphy.gif

o4major97

Reaction score
i am sorry if it is somewhere else in this thread ( i did search), is there a website to retrieve the window sticker?

Users who are viewing this thread