5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Read this story from the 5thgenrams home page which refers to this Sport Rebel model. He's not kidding guys...

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 window sticker(Canadian model) list it a a Sport/Rebel model and all the standard equipment is there. What makes it a Rebel is the optional equipment. The OP clearly has the Sport model and not the Rebel model. If he shared the window sticker we could show him this.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Read this story from the 5thgenrams home which refers to this Sport Rebel model. He's not kidding guys...
Keep in mind I’m going off of the links that were supplied in the post I quoted above. There’s still some funkiness going on with that. The hood doesn’t match and the instrument cluster doesn’t match. I’m really just overall confused about what’s going on right now with all this.

81FBEAA5-C5DA-496C-BD26-56EFD90A1CAD.png

A8688FD2-E35C-4175-AEBF-0DFA1BFF5AB2.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2019 window sticker(Canadian model) list it a a Sport/Rebel model and all the standard equipment is there. What makes it a Rebel is the optional equipment. The OP clearly has the Sport model and not the Rebel model. If he shared the window sticker we could show him this.
His window sticker likely says Sport/Rebel. Here's one from another forum talking about the same thing. This is not the OP's window sticker...

Sport_Rebel.JPG

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Rebel or not a Rebel - this is not a new member introduction forum, this is Rebel discussion forum.

And this is obviously just a Canadian RAM 1500 Sport with a dash from Rebel. Real Rebel has "Rebel" animation on a digital screen, but this one shows "Sport" - so BCM knows it is Sport trim, not Rebel.

If a topic starter bought it used, then is means that used car dealer didn't know how to do odometer correction and just plugged in the dash from RAM Rebel that they've got on Ebay for few hundred bucks.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Rebel or not a Rebel - this is not a new member introduction forum, this is Rebel discussion forum.

And this is obviously just a Canadian RAM 1500 Sport with a dash from Rebel. Real Rebel has "Rebel" animation on a digital screen, but this one shows "Sport" - so BCM knows it is Sport trim, not Rebel.

If a topic starter bought it used, then is means that used car dealer didn't know how to do odometer correction and just plugged in the dash from RAM Rebel that they've got on Ebay for few hundred bucks.
It's a Canadian Sport/Rebel. It's a real thing...in Canada. U.S. models and options don't always hold true to other domestic markets. As hard as it is to accept, it's a real thing up North. Like I said, this isn't the only example of this, and it's backed up in the article from the main page of this forum.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
It's a Canadian Sport/Rebel. It's a real thing...in Canada. U.S. models and options don't always hold true to other domestic markets. As hard as it is to accept, it's a real thing up North. Like I said, this isn't the only example of this, and it's backed up in the article from the main page of this forum.
Yep. I just searched YouTube for "Canadian Ram Sport/Rebel" and it does exist. In the 4 videos I watched, the trucks look just like the OP's, except none of them had a Rebel instrument cluster. All of them said "RAM" at the top and when the ignition button was presses, it said "Sport", just like the link you provided. Did he get a Unicorn or did someone swap out the stock instrument cluster for a Rebel cluster?

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've returned two weeks ago from a trip to BC on my Rebel (real Rebel :)), and I saw a lot of RAM 1500 Sport trucks. I was curious what is that, and yes, I've learned that they have RAM 1500 Sport in Canada that we don't have in US, but window sticker says just "RAM 1500 SPORT", Rebel is not mentioned anywhere. And instrument cluster has RAM logo instead of "Rebel", it says "Sport" on the the tailgate instead of "Rebel". It may be a marketing mockup of non-US dealers that want to sell non-Rebels as Rebels, but I don't believe that it is a real thing.

If you google "Rebel TRX" you will find a lot of articles mistakenly calling RAM TRX as "Rebel TRX", but there is no such trim as Rebel TRX anyway ;)

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yep. I just searched YouTube for "Canadian Ram Sport/Rebel" and it does exist. In the 4 videos I watched, the trucks look just like the OP's, except none of them had a Rebel instrument cluster. All of them said "RAM" at the top and when the ignition button was presses, it said "Sport", just like the link you provided. Did he get a Unicorn or did someone swap out the stock instrument cluster for a Rebel cluster?
It's a swap. The build he is showing doesn't exist (Rebel dash with Sport graphics), even in Canada. It should have the Ram logo to go with the Sport animation on his center cluster. If it was a Canadian Rebel then his glovebox, seats, cluster animation would have the Rebel logo to match, and an assortment of other items mentioned before. He has a sport model with a dash swap. Notice he hasn't returned with any of the requested photos?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a swap. The build he is showing doesn't exist (Rebel dash with Sport graphics), even in Canada. It should have the Ram logo to go with the Sport animation on his center cluster. If it was a Canadian Rebel then his glovebox, seats, cluster animation would have the Rebel logo to match, and an assortment of other items mentioned before. He has a sport model with a dash swap. Notice he hasn't returned with any of the requested photos?
agreed... which is why i said the dealer pulled one over on him. the cluster graphic is just fake.

R.Duff

Reaction score
I've got a Canadian sport, that's what it should be like. My build sheet does say rebel level 2 equipment group whatever that includes, doesnt remotely look like a rebel.

The Canadian sports are just like the Laramie night editions from what I can see on the us website. Well mine was anyway with the 22" silly wheels. 20211019_165929.jpg Screenshot_20211019-202630_Office.jpg 20210625_203919.jpg 20210925_085422.jpg

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Just went back over to his instrument panel and that is a US one as the Canadian one would have km/h as the main and not MPH that is indicated. Very good photoshop and the numbers look a little funny too. ;)

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The lines on the fuel gage are also gone, and the odometer is in miles.

This is the weirdest troll I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HydroRebel

Reaction score
The lines on the fuel gage are also gone, and the odometer is in miles.

This is the weirdest troll I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it's hard to say at this point. He's a new member who was probably just excited to post about his new truck. I'm convinced he innocently thinks his truck is a Rebel, could be wrong though. Hopefully he reports back at some point.

On another note, this thread has been the most popular thread on this subforum in a long time!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Moving this to "New Member Introductions"...but I would very much like to see the OP's window sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread