5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help 2019 Ram 1500 Larime Longhorn tire fitment -18”

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Question.
I understand a 2020 1500 Rebel comes stock with 27570R18. I assume these stock tires and Rims would fit on a 2019 Ram 1500 Larime Longhorn? Please advise. I was told by someone in parts that the only size that would fit for 18” would be 26565R18? Please advise if anyone knows.
Thanks,
Chris

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The wheels will fit for sure. I'm running Rebel wheels on my Limited. But I went with 275/65/18's to keep the tire diameter the same as stock. If you have the ORG you shouldn't have any issues with 275/70/18, but I can't say for sure if you don't have the ORG. Do you have air suspension on your Longhorn?

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
The wheels will fit for sure. I'm running Rebel wheels on my Limited. But I went with 275/65/18's to keep the tire diameter the same as stock. If you have the ORG you shouldn't have any issues with 275/70/18, but I can't say for sure if you don't have the ORG. Do you have air suspension on your Longhorn?
Hi yes I have air suspension on my Longhorn. ORG I assume you mean Original. Do you still it will work.
Chris

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi yes I have air suspension on my Longhorn. ORG I assume you mean Original. Do you still it will work.
Chris
Sorry, ORG = Off Road Group. It gives you a 1 inch suspension lift compared with a non ORG 1500. So it would sit at the same height as the Rebel. I can tell you that with air suspension, the 275/65/18 AT tires I just installed on my Limited rub ever so slightly at full steering lock with the suspension set to Aero. So if I had gone with the 33 inch tires it might even rub at Normal suspension height. Air suspension makes going with bigger tires a little more complicated. It can be done but I think you'll be happier sticking with 275/65/15's. Just my opinion of course, but I'm glad I didn't get the 275/70/18's I was thinking about getting.

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Sorry, ORG = Off Road Group. It gives you a 1 inch suspension lift compared with a non ORG 1500. So it would sit at the same height as the Rebel. I can tell you that with air suspension, the 275/65/18 AT tires I just installed on my Limited rub ever so slightly at full steering lock with the suspension set to Aero. So if I had gone with the 33 inch tires it might even rub at Normal suspension height. Air suspension makes going with bigger tires a little more complicated. It can be done but I think you'll be happier sticking with 275/65/15's. Just my opinion of course, but I'm glad I didn't get the 275/70/18's I was thinking about getting.
Thanks for this. So it seems that it makes no sense to put 70s on. This is a real bummer. I had a line of sight on a set of 275 70r18s!!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
One other thing. Those tires were coming on 18” rims from a 2020 Rebel. I assume the rims would fit my Longhorn?
Like I said in my first post, the wheels will fit for sure.

What I posted was total speculation on my part, but it was based on what I'm seeing on my Limited with the Rebel wheels and 275/65/18 AT tires. If you didn't have air suspension it might not be a problem. And even having air suspension you might be okay at the higher suspension settings. Since they're all mounted up, I would see if the seller is willing to let you try installing the front tires and see if the cause issues. That's will give you the most definitive answer to this question.

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Not sure I will be able to install before purchasing. With suspension in aero mode (furthest) down I suspect the issue would be around turning the wheels?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Not sure I will be able to install before purchasing. With suspension in aero mode (furthest) down I suspect the issue would be around turning the wheels?
Yes, rubbing will usually only occur when turning. Entry/exit is the lowest suspension setting. Aero is what I am in most of the time. I disabled the auto Aero setting in uconnect so it stays in Aero unless I change it manually.

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Ah okay right yes entry/exit you are right. But you would never turn in that mode. Normal is higher than Aero. It would be better in Normal than Aero mode correct? Clearly in the highway or high speed I will want it in aero.
i need to make a call here. Will be dropping $1900 on rims and tires here 😀.
thanks for all your insights. - appreciated.
Chris

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Ah okay right yes entry/exit you are right. But you would never turn in that mode. Normal is higher than Aero. It would be better in Normal than Aero mode correct? Clearly in the highway or high speed I will want it in aero.
i need to make a call here. Will be dropping $1900 on rims and tires here 😀.
thanks for all your insights. - appreciated.
Chris
What I see the difference is 1 inch between 65 vs 75. If the difference is that close then I’m in real trouble 😀?

Ctaylor199

Reaction score
Yes- when ever going to full wheel lock I would be normal or even higher- never at aero. I’m going to go for it. There is a small risk here. My hope this wouldn’t void any truck warranties. These will just be winter tires. I have 22” for summer/spring/fall seasons.
Thanks again.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread