5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Grill on Laramie

Chicken12

Reaction score
I see rebel in the list on eBay but I thought the rebel had a different grill shape.

You pointed out the flaws but it looks great aside from the flaws. You have the textured upper grill piece, in the pictures it looks like a good match. Is it as good in person? The shade of black.

Thanks
Yes it matches perfect. I love the look I’ll be taking it out again and try to get that perfect fit

350TX

Reaction score
That sucks this grill doesn’t fit the Rebel because I was thinking about getting this. I bet if you take the bumper off, the grill will fit without modifications but then you would have to get a non-Rebel bumper to keep the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken12

Reaction score
That sucks this grill doesn’t fit the Rebel because I was thinking about getting this. I bet if you take the bumper off, the grill will fit without modifications but then you would have to get a non-Rebel bumper to keep the grill.

You can get it install just need to do some modifications

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
It came and I installed it tonight. I’ll update with some pictures and thoughts tomorrow as long as my day goes well. Tow test coming Saturday. Initially it looks pretty decent. The finish on it is very questionable though. Seems easily scratched. I probably will be wrapping this grille in a silver or gray anyways. Along with some of the other chrome. More to come…
Any update on your progress?

Pristine1

Reaction score

Attachments

• E4B331F5-8400-4622-B059-9232DD8223D8.jpeg
    E4B331F5-8400-4622-B059-9232DD8223D8.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 585
  • 1C3ABBFF-F924-471D-9302-A63750CD6028.jpeg
    1C3ABBFF-F924-471D-9302-A63750CD6028.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 592
  • 55F6C574-F92C-41B4-9B56-B656B4FE4032.jpeg
    55F6C574-F92C-41B4-9B56-B656B4FE4032.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 567
  • 92B41119-FF32-4968-ADB5-ADB96ADA67E5.jpeg
    92B41119-FF32-4968-ADB5-ADB96ADA67E5.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 580

Pristine1

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay! Fitment is good. Finish is questionable but could be fine. I plan to wrap the the border of the new grille anyways and upper chrome piece in a color that will be coming soon. I ran the coolest temps to date pulling my travel trailer. Before at the top of sustained 5-7% grades I’d hit 237 on coolant and 267 on oil. New temps now bounce off 228-230 coolant and stay at 255 oil. I even pushed it harder just for science on last climb and netted 228 and 257 oil, so it’s really staying solid.

Another great effect is the A/C would be warm by the top, now it’s still frosty. Now ambient temps were hotter last pull but not enough to say these results are nil. I also did a day to day comparison towing with old grille on same highway stretch at same temps. Resulted in 3 degree coolant drop and 2 degree oil drop. Doesn’t sound like much but when you get to the top of the grades towing 7500 lbs in the desert that little bump multiply’s. Plus these trucks are just set up to run in that heat range to begin with so we won’t see much change in normal operating temps.

Another piece to the puzzle, I removed my horn at the same time and am relocating it to the bumper. Why they take up any Of the little Realestate there is in that small window to the radiator with the horn beats me. After thought by the trim department. Umm well it fits here… durrr!

Overall very pleased with the results. Next year in the middle of summer will be the real test. The grille is surprisingly decent for the price. It attaches to your main grill frame. So it provides good support to the new grille. Hardest part was those dang Laramie fender flares. Everything else was easy. Hope this was some what insight full to anyone interested. Like I’ve mentioned before my Maine goal was for cooling purposes.

TravisH

Reaction score
Washing my new truck for the first time...nobody noticed this (including me)! Worker must have been hungover or hammered

Off topic but it reminded me when we used to install aftermarket radios upside-down for customers on April fools day.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Washing my new truck for the first time...nobody noticed this (including me)! Worker must have been hungover or hammered
It sucks that you have to fix that, but that is still hilarious

21RAMidnight

Reaction score
It sucks that you have to fix that, but that is still hilarious
Worst part is I sent picture to dealership asking about warranty repair on 9/21...still have not scheduled me an appt (Garber RAM in Green Cove Springs FL).

Julio13

Reaction score
yeah the drop down tells you that. i think it'll fit the laramie/bighorn though.

View attachment 106061

This is on my big horn it fit perfect no modification at all

fec7c8714a11a85a51d3ba9fa7514eb6.jpg

bmmopar

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay! Fitment is good. Finish is questionable but could be fine. I plan to wrap the the border of the new grille anyways and upper chrome piece in a color that will be coming soon. I ran the coolest temps to date pulling my travel trailer. Before at the top of sustained 5-7% grades I’d hit 237 on coolant and 267 on oil. New temps now bounce off 228-230 coolant and stay at 255 oil. I even pushed it harder just for science on last climb and netted 228 and 257 oil, so it’s really staying solid.

Another great effect is the A/C would be warm by the top, now it’s still frosty. Now ambient temps were hotter last pull but not enough to say these results are nil. I also did a day to day comparison towing with old grille on same highway stretch at same temps. Resulted in 3 degree coolant drop and 2 degree oil drop. Doesn’t sound like much but when you get to the top of the grades towing 7500 lbs in the desert that little bump multiply’s. Plus these trucks are just set up to run in that heat range to begin with so we won’t see much change in normal operating temps.

Another piece to the puzzle, I removed my horn at the same time and am relocating it to the bumper. Why they take up any Of the little Realestate there is in that small window to the radiator with the horn beats me. After thought by the trim department. Umm well it fits here… durrr!

Overall very pleased with the results. Next year in the middle of summer will be the real test. The grille is surprisingly decent for the price. It attaches to your main grill frame. So it provides good support to the new grille. Hardest part was those dang Laramie fender flares. Everything else was easy. Hope this was some what insight full to anyone interested. Like I’ve mentioned before my Maine goal was for cooling purposes.
How was the wiring for the lights? Easy job?

Julio13

Reaction score
How was the install for the lights?

Got the ground in engine bay next to fuse box and ram the red wire to cabin driver side and used fuse f66 with an add a circuit fuse

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is on my big horn it fit perfect no modification at all

fec7c8714a11a85a51d3ba9fa7514eb6.jpg

Looks great. Was hoping someone would have a black one with the color matches front end. I may do this to mine now. Should complement my lift nicely.

Julio13

Reaction score
That looks so good! Wish it fit the Rebel that well

Thanks i think it’s the bumper area on rebel that doesn’t let it fit right

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks i think it’s the bumper area on rebel that doesn’t let it fit right

could be, i think it's the panels under the hedalights... i'm pretty sure they're different between laramie and rebel. either way, looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread