5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
70f5a8f83cba6ab24fccfef7b05d44a3.jpg

5 hours later all by myself. Done. I should of just paid someone to do this crap but it’s done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Installed the TRX red push start button. Lots of videos and threads on this but unfortunately was not as easy for me; I simply could not get my hands up under the dash to press down on the (3) tabs. I must have spent over an hour trying until I decided to just remove the radio so I could get better access. I have the 12-inch display screen which is very easy to remove (remove the two top screws by the power outlet and gently pull forward). I also decided to remove the center console as I am looking to relocate my 3-way off-road light switch to the console (also easy to remove).

TRX switch:

Center stack and console removed:

Area where I could get my hand and small screwdriver behind the stock push start button and press on tabs (once pressed, start button pulls straight out and you can remove the silver trim ring to reinstall on the TRX start button):

Installed TRX red start button:

Luckily, also found out that there is plenty of clear space in the front of the center console to mount larger 3-way switches so will be installing those soon as well!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock UCA? None ORP?
Correct I left the stock UCA’s for now and it’s a non ORP. I’ll buy UCA’s once I buy my coil overs. 😁

the parking lot was a little slanted but it’s about perfectly even.

Attachments

• F3EC6934-7581-4CAC-95F8-D176A80196C9.jpeg
    F3EC6934-7581-4CAC-95F8-D176A80196C9.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 7B74FCF1-BCFC-4E2C-8CF2-F05EE0F27772.jpeg
    7B74FCF1-BCFC-4E2C-8CF2-F05EE0F27772.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 90

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the Bullet Tech underhood dress-up kit I ordered during their 4th of July special. Washer fluid reservoir cover, coolant overflow cover, brake fluid reservoir, A/C high pressure port cover, oil dipstick handle and oil cap.
MUCH better looking than the emergency yellow caps from the factory!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct I left the stock UCA’s for now and it’s a non ORP. I’ll buy UCA’s once I buy my coil overs.

the parking lot was a little slanted but it’s about perfectly even.

Awesome. Thinking of doing the same for now.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
YEP and the thing was clean that morning. He sheds like a beast. I move the couch once a week and there's a whole dog worth of hair to clean up. It's a full time job year-round, not just int he spring. I've told the wife we really need to start shaving him every spring because that's when it's the worst.

This is the 6'4" bed, the bike length is deceptive because I'm losing a few inches thanks to this - https://www.motoprohq.com/truck-systems Because I have the bed utility group, I have this extra triangle on each of the 2 forward corners so my dirt bike rack sits further back
3Z0oyxd.jpeg
R6omyrE.jpeg
yavB7mt.jpeg

Your WR is 85.6 inches and my 701 is 89.8 inches so I've got like 4 inches on you (that's what she said) and my rack is pushed back like 6" due to the BUG triangle things so even with a 6'4" bed, I have 2 choices, I can leave it as seen above and drop the tail gate OR catty-corner it in where I chock it on the left and then swing the rear tire around and strap it down that way. It moves a little bit more sideways but at least the tail gate is up.

Shoot, I knew someone was going to ask for them and I already had Amazon opened but thought maybe not..anyway shame on me but here they are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YX83LKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just get the surface super clean, I didn't do it perfectly but it's just a guy who has cut these to fit our trucks. material is pretty cheap but I'd imagine you could buy a sheet of this for cheaper, test fit with painters tape then cut to size for about half the price. Anyway, it works well and the dog does scratch it as he climbs up in so for his entry/exit, it's pretty good system to have that + the dropped fabric from the bed there.
@AdamChandler Just wanted to point out something. Those triangles at the front of the bed are braces for the sides due to the tail gate, and are part of the multi-function tailgate package (MFT). Apparently when you use barn door function the sides may flex so they added the bracing. Not part of the BUG, but can probably be used as a lightweight tie down point.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I removed All the chrome molding around windows, chrome emblems and replace with black molding, black emblems, as well as exchanged chrome door handles for all black. By next week I will have the bumpers, grille and hood replaced and color match( murder). No vinyl wrap, plastic dip. Replaced or replacing with all factory oem parts

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@AdamChandler Just wanted to point out something. Those triangles at the front of the bed are braces for the sides due to the tail gate, and are part of the multi-function tailgate package (MFT). Apparently when you use barn door function the sides may flex so they added the bracing. Not part of the BUG, but can probably be used as a lightweight tie down point.

Thanks for clearing that up.

When you go to order the dirt bike mount - https://www.motoprohq.com/product-page/truck-system

They ask some questions and it turns out, the question on "tonneau cover' being YES meant they sent me a mount that actually just perfectly clears those triangle support bars so it worked out for the best. had I gone with their standard kit, it wouldn't have fit due to those. I can take a close up photo next time I have bikes in there.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Quite a bit since Friday I suppose:

1) Picked it up at the dealer, CEL came on the day I bought it and it has been sitting there waiting on parts for a month
2) Added a Sentry CT. I'll post a quick mini review. I give it a B (not a plus, not a minus, just a B) for fit and finish
3) Spent half a day messing with my builder grade three car garage (less than 600 SF) to fit three cars in it in a manner where my wife can still get the kids into the car seats

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 164

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Installed the Diode Dynamics LED replacements for the third brake light and cargo lights. Wow what a difference! I haven't been able to see what the brake light looks like but the cargo lights are extremely bright! Started the PCM swap process for my tune and also ordered the Rough Country 5" lift. The new unlocked PCM should be here by end of week and the 5" lift goes on around the end of the month. Already had the 2" leveling pucks with links, but really looking forward to getting the 5" lift on.

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
That's a cool device! The jack just clamps the footpegs? That's enough to keep it from shifting left to right (driver side to passenger side)? Do you use a strap like in the video? Not sure where near the clutch cable he was placing it, and not sure why he did it.

I'd need to check the jack weight limit and the hitch weight limit. My WR250R weighs closer to 300 lb than 250 lb, and it's a 4-stroke, not a featherweight 2-stroke.

I have a skid plate on mine and I've never had it on an engine cradle or stand before. I'd need to confirm it will sit like that.
Yes, once it's on the platform you just secure the pegs, tighten them down and you're off.

I do use a tie down for the handle bars, but it's not necessary.

It doesn't wobble or shake in the least.

I ride a KTM 500 excf, 4 stroke monster and I have no issues.

They do have an HD version too, I think.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Yes, once it's on the platform you just secure the pegs, tighten them down and you're off.

I do use a tie down for the handle bars, but it's not necessary.

It doesn't wobble or shake in the least.

I ride a KTM 500 excf, 4 stroke monster and I have no issues.

They do have an HD version too, I think.
500 EXC-F, the brass ring of dual sports! Well, I like the 690 Enduro also. If only I could afford a stable of them. I'll get by with my WR250R for a little while longer.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quite a bit since Friday I suppose:

1) Picked it up at the dealer, CEL came on the day I bought it and it has been sitting there waiting on parts for a month
2) Added a Sentry CT. I'll post a quick mini review. I give it a B (not a plus, not a minus, just a B) for fit and finish
3) Spent half a day messing with my builder grade three car garage (less than 600 SF) to fit three cars in it in a manner where my wife can still get the kids into the car seats
Tight fit!!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9AF88BD5-C543-428B-A899-C41A58DA0502.jpeg
Got the windows tinted yesterday and I noticed that I have been in ECO mode more than usual yesterday afternoon and today, so I have concluded that tinting your windows increases MPG.
Im guessing it works somewhat the same way that the active air dam works by blocking the air from coming into the front end and making it go around. The darker windows don’t allow as much light to come into the cab, thereby increasing efficiency.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally gave her a full bath after a couple of weeks of on and off downpours here.
Detailed, clean and shiny! Its a beautiful day in Hawaii!

Attachments

• 20210803_125220.jpg
    20210803_125220.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210803_125317.jpg
    20210803_125317.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210803_125344.jpg
    20210803_125344.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210803_122427.jpg
    20210803_122427.jpg