5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official thread for pictures of Ram towing campers

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of threads about 1/2 ton travel trailer towing ability and weight limits, but no thread with just pics of Ram’s towing their campers.

Save the arguments for the other threads let’s just see some pics here!

blakei

Reaction score
Jayco 28BHS. 7000 lbs dry, about 8000 lbs loaded. Box is 28’, hitch to bumper about 32’.

dd8c3c187ace7f7b2ee0d3150af14948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigEarl62

Reaction score
How did it tow?

I'm considering purchasing the exact same model.
Love this trailer. No issues towing. No sway. Minimal porpoising. Using a Curt WD hitch with 800-1200 pound bars. I typically run at 65 mph but still could pass at 75 mph when needed with power to spare. Fuel economy was not stellar, averaged 8.5 mpg. Get the rear camera on the trailer if you can swing it. Makes it a lot easier to change lanes, I mount the trailer camera monitor under rear view mirror.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love this trailer. No issues towing. No sway. Minimal porpoising. Using a Curt WD hitch with 800-1200 pound bars. I typically run at 65 mph but still could pass at 75 mph when needed with power to spare. Fuel economy was not stellar, averaged 8.5 mpg. Get the rear camera on the trailer if you can swing it. Makes it a lot easier to change lanes, I mount the trailer camera monitor under rear view mirror.
I also have the 3.21 rear axle. So this is good feed back.

I will definitely get the rear camera. I hated being blind with the RV that I rented this weekend.

I'm also looking at the hitch with a weight distribution system.

One more question for you. Do you have air shock system or just stock shocks in the rear end?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What model Lance is that? We have a 2020 Lance 2445 and we love it. Bought it a year ago and have done nearly 40 nights in it as of last weekend.
It's a 2075. Sadly, we've not gotten to use it yet (aside from where we parked it.) We got it in December because the deal was really good and then started the truck search. I guess I didn't think it would take me 5-6 months to find/get a truck. 😄 We really like it though. It took us 4+ years of research and visiting RV shows to take the plunge so what's another six months?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Limited arriving at the campground towing our Lance 2445. just a tick under 30' bumper to ball. Tows very nicely with our Andersen WDH once we figured out that we have to tighten the WDH's chains much more than we expected.
View attachment 95302 View attachment 95303
Glad to hear it tows well since ours is a little smaller and I've got the same WDH. Just lacking the truck at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread