5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 air ride leaving kit

louscrw

Reaction score
I installed my leveling links on my 2019 Laramie w/air ride! Did just the fronts, links made by Edgy Mods. Came to several conclusions;

1. No reason to be ultra exact as there are too many variables. Will drive you nuts trying to get everything to match. The variables - Level ground, tire pressure, air ride pressure, load balance, fuel in tank, wind speed 😂, etc.

2. I raised the front 1.5" on the driver's side and 1.625" on the passenger side. The two sides did not match when I started...and still don't exactly.

3. Adjusted the driver's link to 2.25" and the passenger 2.375". This is measured center of the eye to the center of the eye.

4. I still have a 1/4"-1/2" rake depending on when/where I measure (think the variable's listed in #1). It changes almost every time I measure. Can't tell it still has rake without measuring.

5. I was very concerned about the change in ride quality but the ride actually got better IMHO. Reminds me of when I owned my 2014 and switched to Bilsteins 5100's. Was a little firmer up front but less roll in the corners. Still rides nice.

6. I did lose OR-2 but the rest of the levels are fine. I never used 0R1 or OR 2 anyhow.

7. I am still on the stock tires (275/55/20) but plan to get 275/60/20 later this week. I will wait to get an alignment after I get the new tires.

8. If the ride is still good after the new tires I don't see a need to get spacers.

9. My understanding is my OEM UCA's are the heavier/better ones so I don't think a change is needed - can anyone confirm this? I am not real sure of what I am talking about..as usual. Truck seems to handle fine, no rubbing sounds.

10. The links were very simple to install. Getting the OEM ones off was a little nerve racking because I wanted to be careful not to break anything. What ended up helping was using an 8mm open end wrench to gently pry the OEM links off.

Will update as I make progress.
That’s good to hear. My revel links should be here this week. I’m only doing the front links and don’t plan on getting the spacers. I’ll only be lifting the front between 1 and 1.5”. I don’t like the look of a perfectly level truck because I always appears to be high in the front. Leaving a rake of .5 - 1” always looks best to me

Sportznut

Reaction score
Yeah. Don't mind a little rake either.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gooseface

Reaction score
Just installed the daystar spacers and revel links. Along with the Mopar uca’s because why not
Leveling links I put on the front and rear. I still wanted a half inch rake and the math didn’t seem like it would work with the spacers. So it seemed the rears were necessary.
installed 285/55/22’s and they still rub in reverse in normal mode. And obviously in aero mode.
I do have all level functions.
ride still feels like factory.
gotta get that rub figured out though.
I thought this setup was to allow for the bigger tires.
Do I need to adjust both links?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Just installed the daystar spacers and revel links. Along with the Mopar uca’s because why not
Leveling links I put on the front and rear. I still wanted a half inch rake and the math didn’t seem like it would work with the spacers. So it seemed the rears were necessary.
installed 285/55/22’s and they still rub in reverse in normal mode. And obviously in aero mode.
I do have all level functions.
ride still feels like factory.
gotta get that rub figured out though.
I thought this setup was to allow for the bigger tires.
Do I need to adjust both links?
Yes, you have to adjust the links to get the ride height you want. If you installed the revel links at the same length as the ones you took off then you did not change the ride height. The spacers compress the airbag so when the links are adjusted to get the ride height you want it is still in its working range. Prevents the ride from being bouncy. The links control the height, not the spacers. Check out this thread.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Well I finished up!

See post #22 in this thread. I updated with pics and comments .

db252

Reaction score
Finally added the Revel front links, Daystar spacers and Mopar 2” lift UCA’s. The rear of the truck was untouched.

Started off by putting the truck in ‘entry’ mode to save as much air within the system and then into tire jack mode. Never disconnected the battery. Disassembly went smooth and is pretty self explanatory if you’re used to wrenching. I cut the studs on top of the air struts down to 13/16”. This allowed the spacer to sit above the the top of the added thread mount bases but allows plenty of thread if I ever had to put the truck back to stock. In regards to the Revel links, I set them at 2 1/8” eye to eye. Upper control arms were an easy swap and glad I did them just because.

Final result was 39” from floor to center of fender on all four corners and all air settings work without issue.

DC645AC1-C450-41DA-B293-ADB00B2FF796.jpeg

F9021F63-AD27-455D-8215-E663CF7E1D29.jpeg

95D67B58-6288-47AE-BED4-3FE5FE9C3CC4.jpeg

DC594AC7-B39D-4046-A381-1E065C9D945A.jpeg

2D385D12-E96F-4FDA-9432-84F68BEC50A0.jpeg

AE80E01D-F2A8-41B5-92EC-74E2E31144B0.jpeg

7A76017E-D3AE-49AB-9072-49473FE7991F.jpeg

029C5DA7-8179-474B-A769-63CB73CF8AF7.jpeg

5EDC1C3D-2123-4A11-ADB3-194671255C5A.jpeg

889FC511-2F3C-4715-8E3A-3CC83A6E5F3A.jpeg

Last edited:

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed my leveling links on my 2019 Laramie w/air ride! Did just the fronts, links made by Edgy Mods. Came to several conclusions;

1. No reason to be ultra exact as there are too many variables. Will drive you nuts trying to get everything to match. The variables - Level ground, tire pressure, air ride pressure, load balance, fuel in tank, wind speed 😂, etc.
Yep. My front end varies almost a full inch in 'normal' suspension mode when it's in the same spot in my garage. The air suspension is kind of 'alive' and always making adjustments. When I notice it's on the 'low side' of the 1" variation it almost always raises itself right after I start the truck.
The rear doesn't vary as much and is usually within 1/4" of the same place in normal mode.
Point being: Don't obsess over front end lift amount. Measure it every day over course of a week or so and average it out.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Took a couple 500 mile trips. The ride deteriorated too much. I could have lived with it but my smooth ride is more important than the level look. Decided to go back to stock - the good news is the bigger tires (275/60/20) don't rub. I will just need to live with the rake.

db252

Reaction score
Add the daystar pucks and it will feel no different. Using just the links increases the pressure too much to compensate.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add the daystar pucks and it will feel no different. Using just the links increases the pressure too much to compensate.
Of course that is the way to go, but some of us (myself included) liked the idea of a $50 mod that we can do ourselves.
Adding pucks quadruples the price and then on top of that most of us need to pay someone to install them.
So yes, pucks are the ticket, but at a MUCH higher price.

db252

Reaction score
Of course that is the way to go, but some of us (myself included) liked the idea of a $50 mod that we can do ourselves.
Adding pucks quadruples the price and then on top of that most of us need to pay someone to install them.
So yes, pucks are the ticket, but at a MUCH higher price.
Copy that and understand. Having the ability to do it yourself definitely helps the cost factor.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean... you get what you pay for?

Maybe a 2-inch lift while maintaining factory ride quality... for only $50... is a little bit high of an expectation. Just saying.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean... you get what you pay for?

Maybe a 2-inch lift while maintaining factory ride quality... for only $50... is a little bit high of an expectation. Just saying.
Absolutely, yes. For a 2" lift or level you better believe you need pucks.
I just wanted to take a little rake out of mine so got the airlinks ($50) and set them to raise the front 3/4". Even 3/4" affected the ride quality a little bit but not enough to spend the $ on pucks.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Yep - I knew that going into it. Why not try? I needed the links if I were to do pucks anyhow.

Makes sense to do the upgraded UCA's at the same time. Not sure I want to go through the hassle & expense. It is still a very nice truck w/rake and killer smooth ride!

Slonis

Reaction score

1. No reason to be ultra exact as there are too many variables. Will drive you nuts trying to get everything to match. The variables - Level ground, tire pressure, air ride pressure, load balance, fuel in tank, wind speed , etc.

2. I raised the front 1.5" on the driver's side and 1.625" on the passenger side. The two sides did not match when I started...and still don't exactly.

3. Adjusted the driver's link to 2.25" and the passenger 2.375". This is measured center of the eye to the center of the eye.

4. I still have a 1/4"-1/2" rake depending on when/where I measure (think the variable's listed in #1). It changes almost every time I measure. Can't tell it still has rake without measuring.

5. I was very concerned about the change in ride quality but the ride actually got better IMHO. Reminds me of when I owned my 2014 and switched to Bilsteins 5100's. Was a little firmer up front but less roll in the corners. Still rides nice.

6. I did lose OR-2 but the rest of the levels are fine. I never used 0R1 or OR 2 anyhow.

7. I am still on the stock tires (275/55/20) but plan to get 275/60/20 later this week. I will wait to get an alignment after I get the new tires.

8. If the ride is still good after the new tires I don't see a need to get spacers.

9. My understanding is my OEM UCA's are the heavier/better ones so I don't think a change is needed - can anyone confirm this? I am not real sure of what I am talking about..as usual. Truck seems to handle fine, no rubbing sounds.

10. The links were very simple to install. Getting the OEM ones off was a little nerve racking because I wanted to be careful not to break anything. What ended up helping was using an 8mm open end wrench to gently pry the OEM links off.

Will update as I make progress.

Sorry I am from Germany. What is IMHO?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

bourgeois

Reaction score
Yep. My front end varies almost a full inch in 'normal' suspension mode when it's in the same spot in my garage. The air suspension is kind of 'alive' and always making adjustments. When I notice it's on the 'low side' of the 1" variation it almost always raises itself right after I start the truck.
The rear doesn't vary as much and is usually within 1/4" of the same place in normal mode.
Point being: Don't obsess over front end lift amount. Measure it every day over course of a week or so and average it out.
Buz,
my front driver side sits about 3/4" lower then the rest of the truck. I put the link on the highest setting but it didnt move much. I can not get higher then 38 1/4"

Users who are viewing this thread