5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendations

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
I have the stock 20s with no lifts and stock suspension. I want to use the same rims. I live on a tropical island. Some times I go on the hiway so I need a quiet tire. I use a boat ram and don't have 4x4. I would like a big tire with white letters for look if possible but tire wet grip and quiet is more important.

GATORB8

Reaction score
How bad is the boat ramp and how aggressive do you want the tires? Have you had any trouble launching with the stock tires?

Sportznut

Reaction score
How bad is the boat ramp and how aggressive do you want the tires? Have you had any trouble launching with the stock tires?
Pretty bad

137785a01de6ecb2791ac7e15f5cafd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
There are all kinda different ramps. Some are mild with easy slope some are gravel with quick drop. I do not do any off-road.

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
I just found out that I can buy tires through the VA and pay no sales taxes. It appears to be only the major brands. I still news recommendations, please.

1D32319

Reaction score
Have you looked through reviews at Tire Rack or similar to find tires in your size/load range with decent wet weather ratings? Noise is subjective-to me anything that isn't a mud tire is quiet. Perhaps a mild all terrain tire such as a Cooper AT3 variant. I went through a couple sets on a Tacoma with no major complaints other than them losing wet weather traction(open diff) as they aged.

2WD are less than optimal for pulling a boat up a ramp. Hopefully you have a limited slip diff.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
275/60r20 Cooper Discoverer AT/3 XLT

Something like a Goodyear Duratrac, Falken Wildpeak AT3W maybe

If all of those are too aggressive for you go with the Continental TerrainContact AT

In my own opinion Outlined White Letters look better than Solid White Letters, but you do you.

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
As a follow-up: I went with the 305/55R20 G2s. They fill up the wheel well nicely with clearance to fully turn the wheels each way without adding any lifts. I do miss the white lettering, but I love the aggressive look of the wider tire stick outside of the flares. I have not tried the open road or dropping in my boat yet.

Attachments

• 20210618_144639.jpg
    20210618_144639.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210618_144618.jpg
    20210618_144618.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 75

Raydar

Reaction score
I need to replace the rear tires on my 1500. (The Falken Wildpeak A/T3WA)
My local tire guy can get them for like 20 bucks cheaper than Discount Tire. Yeah buddy!
(Roy's Tire. Carrollton GA.)

peckmv

Reaction score
Check out the Pirelli Scorpion AT. They ride real nice and still have an aggressive tread. They get top ratings according to Tire Rack Reviews and ratings.

Milwaukean

Reaction score
I just found out that I can buy tires through the VA and pay no sales taxes. It appears to be only the major brands. I still news recommendations, please.
Curious to know where to go for the VA program. Is there a website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/