5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self driving 1500 limited

jimchi

Reaction score
Do the connectors come with pins? Is a special tool required for crimping those pins on to the wires?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue I see with this is that your insurance is not going to be a fan of something not backed by the manufacturer.....

Upandaway420

Reaction score
Level 3 self driving is where manufacture takes responsibility. You are to keep your eyes on the road amd be ready to take over at any time. You are responsible for anything that happens. Insurance can get f'ed if you think they'll have a problem with it then remove it before the adjuster comes out and there is no trace.

azzx

Reaction score
So, this will not work on trucks that do not have the factory installed advanced safety package?
thanks

Upandaway420

Reaction score
Correct, it requires you have the LKAS camera/ ACC radar module located in front of the rear view mirror.

MudSticker19

Reaction score
I wonder if I can add the camera and mirror for ACC. I have a Laramie with blindspot and front and rear parking sensors.

Last edited:

Upandaway420

Reaction score
In theory it is something that could be done. What I don't know is if it is a module on the EPS (electric power steering) that accepts steer commands or if it would require change in the code in the firmware of the EPS to allow external steering commands. But it would be something not easy to to.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder if I can add the camera and mirror for ACC. I have a Laramie with blindspot and front and rear parking sensors.
Well, there is a guy on here who was trying. It can been done, it's just expensive and there are a few of modules that have to be changed.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Upandaway420

Reaction score
Well, there is a guy on here who was trying. It can been done, it's just expensive and there are a few of modules that have to be changed.

I can only imagine that being very difficult to do and a dashboard that looks like this a lot. Lol 20210310_073637.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can only imagine that being very difficult to do and a dashboard that looks like this a lot. Lol View attachment 88600
At the moment, he was just trying to get ACC working. He has it working with no errors, but the radar needs aligned. One big thing is, you need a new windshield to start. The camera area is covered on vehicles not equipped with it.

Upandaway420

Reaction score
Thats really interesting! I wonder how much that would cost? With FSD in a tesla costing $10k one could maybe justify the cost of retrofitting LaneSense/ACC. Also self driving truck > self driving car

Upandaway420

Reaction score
The issue I see with this is that your insurance is not going to be a fan of something not backed by the manufacturer.....
So I called my insurance and they said it would not be an issue. They said they would treat it like a Tesla with autopilot. I told them I would be the first one with the self driving system on a RAM and they were fine with it.

floyo

Reaction score
The is simply AWESOME!!! Currently I'm having my Subaru Ascent connected to the Comma2 for 3 months and I LOOOOVVVVEEEE it!. I was just looking at the new Ford F150 that has Level 2 Auto Driving built in for only limited edition of 2021+ but it's way too expensive for now.

So on the Comma2 machine end we dont need to do anything besides downloading the up-to-date software correct? If this is the case all we need to do is to make a harness ourselves and then just plug-and -play correct?

I mean this is HHHUUUUUGGGGEEE at least to me cuz Comma2 works better than the Tesla as far as I am concerned. Please keep me posted, thanks a bunch Upandaway420 !!!

floyo

Reaction score
BTW how can I join the DISCORD group? Do I need an invitation some kind?

floyo

Reaction score
Does Comma2 support the full range for Adaptive Cruise Control -ACC and Auto Lane Centering-ALC at 0mph? I mean some of the vehicles don't support the full range ACC and ALC, which has to be above at least some mph of the speed to make the Comma2 take control of the vehicle.

JayBuchanan

Reaction score
Any updates on this project and how things are working?

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox - 12TW3

davekeller79

Reaction score
So I called my insurance and they said it would not be an issue. They said they would treat it like a Tesla with autopilot. I told them I would be the first one with the self driving system on a RAM and they were fine with it.
Hi Upandaway420 im about to collect a 2019 Limited and I am really interested in this. Are you able to tell us how it is going and I would be really grateful to have answers to floyo's questions above!

Users who are viewing this thread