5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Mate514

Reaction score
I'm in Calgary and good luck. Our service sucks compared to Ram Chat. If your dealer gave you a vin you can call the number in the post just above, but I'm approaching 1 month since order with $5,000 down (sold order) and still don't have a vin. They said they don't see the vin until the truck is built and ready to ship despite usign the same tracking system as the US. I did manage to get a few updates out of my dealer and I've been in D status since just before March 25, ordered March 10. Dealer said to check back at the end of April.
Fuk what the dealer said, I would call them every week to bug them. It's the only way we've got to push them to do their job and escalate things if something is wrong. If you want answer fast, you e-mail your salesman and cc all of his boss including the owner. Expect an answer very fast.

Mate514

Reaction score
What is it that drives the delay in builds and shipping? I feel like there must be quotas or rules in the recent trade agreement that somehow limits the parts either being allowed into or out of the countries and then impacts how many "completed" vehicles can cross the border. Has it always been this much of a difference? I mean to Stellantis or FCA or RAM or Chrysler or whoever, money is money.
My salesman told me that RAM has quotas for each province each month. So they could build 200 (not actual data) trucks for ontario and 100 trucks for Quebec in april. So you wait in line. A member here from Ontario ordered the same truck as me 2 months later than me, but since Ontario has a much higher quota than Quebec, I'm still waiting while he got his truck.

Simar14707

Reaction score
Someone else on the forum mentioned calling FCA Canada. Their number is 1-800-465-2001, but you’ll need the VIN.

I ordered my truck on Feb 8th and mine is still in D. Been checking with the dealer monthly and trying to not get my hopes up.
You got to be very patient. Canada trucks are way longer to build than the average american. I'm on my week 21 and still in D status. I called and I send e-mails to FCA canada a bunch of time but there's nothing they can do according to them. The customer service really sucks at FCA Canada. The only person that can push things for you is your dealer. Where are you from?
I am from Windsor, Ontario.
I am going to see if I can cancel the order and just buy something similar off the lot from one of the dealers.
By the time our trucks are built 2022 models will be out lol.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ordered 3/31, emailed Aaron today and got a VON number. Totally wish I hadn’t just learned that you can add features...

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bill5, congratulations on your new Ram! Always nice to see a Laramie two tone. :)

66 Cuda Dan

Reaction score
Good morning Ram Team,
My dealer Cabral in Manteca Ca has been updating me on truck status twice a week since D1 status.
As of this morning the truck is in KZ status they think the truck should shipped to Benicia around 4/19!
I should have it by the end of the month. Oh good for me!!!!
Dan

MBHPHD

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I finally ordered my first Ram (it's a graduation gift for finishing my Ph. D.) on March 16. I am looking forward to finally joining the club, and cannot wait for delivery! With any luck, I'll have it around graduation day (May 21). I live in Green Bay, so shipping from Detroit shouldn't take that long, right?

Rustyrubber

Reaction score
Good morning Ram Team,
My dealer Cabral in Manteca Ca has been updating me on truck status twice a week since D1 status.
As of this morning the truck is in KZ status they think the truck should shipped to Benicia around 4/19!
I should have it by the end of the month. Oh good for me!!!!
Dan
My truck has been sitting in the Benica lot over a week, maybe we will both get them by the end of the month.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Word to the Wise.... This past Sunday I went and reserved a one way rental car for Friday pickup and Saturday drop off in Lake Charles to go get my truck... just planning ahead... Tuesday I hunted around on Travelocity to see if there was a chance of moving it up one day... pickup Thursday and drop off Friday..... Not a car to be had in the entire Metroplex for that trip..... Saturday Road trip it is!

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Just checked w/ my dealer, my build is in KZ-M status (first rail departure). He said builds are hard to follow once shipped, they've had them arrive on their lot while still showing shipped status. No ETA available. 66 Cuda Dan - the race is on!
Unless I’m missing something, this sounds really encouraging. You ordered it a month ago, and might get it this month?

ReiHido

Reaction score
I also ordered 3/12/21 in Texas. 4/6/21 - Ram Chat says that parts are being gathered and then build will be scheduled.
I ordered mine from Dallas. Where did you order yours from in Texas?

Every20years

Reaction score
I also ordered 3/12/21 in Texas. 4/6/21 - Ram Chat says that parts are being gathered and then build will be scheduled.
"Parts are being gathered" almost like they are out in the fields where the parts grow. Or are they collecting the semiconductors from junkyards to enable them to build new ones? "I'm gonna go hunt me a UConnect to put in a truck"

Would love to be able to see the internal sheet on my truck. What percentage of the parts do they have? If I know a guy who can deliver a couple of semiconductors can my truck move up in the line?

Users who are viewing this thread