5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had the amp update done today.

RBRK

Reaction score
As previously posted th TSB for the HK system is out. It is quite a bit louder now! It also sounds different, in a better way. No it doesn’t hit like an aftermarket 10” cranked up, but it sounds really good to me. I was pretty happy before, but this is a nice upgrade.

I do use a iPad mini in the console for my music and use the iPad EQ on rock as well as the equalizer settings on the HK system.

Sirius is going to suck no matter what, but haven’t tried it since.

Last edited:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long did the dealer take to update the system?
Do you have the TSB number?

RBRK

Reaction score
The amp update takes a while at least 20 minutes as I watched. The TSB is here on the site where they are all posted. Get everything updated while you are there, the trans has an improved shifting update as well.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my Limited with the HK System. Very loud and balanced sounding. Very impressive.

I picked mine up last Saturday and would agree. I listen on 8-11 volume most of the time. I think it is great. It likely had the newest software already when I got it.

RBRK

Reaction score
Ya the new 20 is about as loud as the old 38.

After driving for a day now I can say it’s really good. Hits a lot harder on some music and I wouldn’t ever turn it up past 26 now.

Last edited:

Jimmyk

Reaction score
I had the amp update done today and it really made a difference. I was happy before the update but now it seems a lot punchier than before. Much more volume for sure. The only downside is my Apple Car Play isn’t working now. Went back to the dealer and they gave me a loaner truck while they figure out what went wrong.

Lettika

Reaction score
The amp update takes a while at least 20 minutes as I watched. The TSB is here on the site where they are all posted. Get everything updated while you are there, the trans has an improved shifting update as well.

@RBRK Is there a thread that lists the TSB's? I am trying to put together a list for my dealer to check that all updates have been done. I am pretty sure the transmission and HK system updates have not been done on my truck and want to give them the specific TSB #'s to check. When you search for "TSB" on the site it says there are too many occurrences to list.

Thanks.

ericd

Reaction score
Is there a way to see on the system what version you have installed?

keithf

Reaction score
I picked mine up last Saturday and would agree. I listen on 8-11 volume most of the time. I think it is great. It likely had the newest software already when I got it.
What are we exactly talking about here because I cant hear mine until its like 13-18 on the volume setting. I did get an update over the air recently but this hasn't changed.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are we exactly talking about here because I cant hear mine until its like 13-18 on the volume setting. I did get an update over the air recently but this hasn't changed.

If you can't hear yours until 13-18 then I highly doubt you have the amp update performed. You need to get your dealer to do this for you, it takes about 20 minutes. Mine must have already been done before I picked it up the first time, as it is very loud via usb to my phone at level 15

creamyone

Reaction score
Just got this done on mine yesterday. Thanks for the thread guys. Big difference. Wish they would update all these tsb's when you go in for service and not have to complain about something to get updates or fixes. Now level 20-25 sounds like my old maxed out level 38.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
I know this TSB applies to the HK systems only but I have 8.4 non-Nav and can barely hear anything at 10-13 volume level. I usually am listening at 20-25 and 30+ if I want it bumpin.

Others with non-Nav stock speaker system have the same?

keithf

Reaction score
I know this TSB applies to the HK systems only but I have 8.4 non-Nav and can barely hear anything at 10-13 volume level. I usually am listening at 20-25 and 30+ if I want it bumpin.

Others with non-Nav stock speaker system have the same?
I have a 3 pm appointment tomorrow for the update and they said they have 2 other updates for the truck also. I will keep you all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread