5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance rates

craigrh13

Reaction score
Anyone here coming from another brand to their 2019? It’s costibg me $60/month more to insure this Ram than it did my f150. Even though this has far more safety features. My mind is really blown at this. I’m not understanding why this is. Anyone else have something similar to this?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure, have you shopped insurance companies? My insurance actually went down a bit from my 2014 even though the value of the truck is a lot more being new.

craigrh13

Reaction score
Not sure, have you shopped insurance companies? My insurance actually went down a bit from my 2014 even though the value of the truck is a lot more being new.

Not yet. I’ve been with them for 10 years. They have the best rates when I shopped around 3 months ago. When I was looking at all brands the F150 was always the cheapest to insure. Silverado was around $15/month more. But this Ram being $60/month more?? That’s just crazy.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
My insurance went up about $3 per month. The Ram replaced a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I have GEICO

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I play $92 a month for my loaded 2019 QC Laramie and thats full coverage

ncsu92

Reaction score
My insurance (USAA) went down when I went from my 2015 Wrangler to the 2019 Ram.

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine went up exponentially! From $354 every 6 to $690!! My company told me it was “too new” and wasn’t rated yet. There was no 2019 in their system yet....we will see next renewal but it was odd. I’m not keen on switching to a company like Geico or Progressive as there are clear reasons why their rates are so low. I will switch to a new company however, if this doesn’t come down in a big way. Btw, clean driving record too.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine went up exponentially! From $354 every 6 to $690!! My company told me it was “too new” and wasn’t rated yet. There was no 2019 in their system yet....we will see next renewal but it was odd. I’m not keen on switching to a company like Geico or Progressive as there are clear reasons why their rates are so low. I will switch to a new company however, if this doesn’t come down in a big way. Btw, clean driving record too.

State Farm quoted me like that. I ended up getting quotes from many and switched to American Family. Even saving money on the house.

67 RT

Reaction score
State Farm quoted me like that. I ended up getting quotes from many and switched to American Family. Even saving money on the house.

How odd is that, I currently have American family!!! I bought my truck in July, perhaps you insured yours later than mine and the rate has adjusted?

John813

Reaction score
Mine jumped too. Didn't get how it'll be more expensive covering a Ram over a Gen 1 Raptor, but w/e.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How odd is that, I currently have American family!!! I bought my truck in July, perhaps you insured yours later than mine and the rate has adjusted?

I just renewed it this week and it went up $70 to what its at now. I've learned there is no easy explanation behind insurance rates!

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I was shocked how cheap my insurance was going to be with Shelter Insurance. Going to be just under $1k a year for full coverage on a Limited for a 36 year old with clean driving record.

14 years ago I was paying $200/mo on a 5 year old Mercury Couger worth $10k. Getting old isn't all bad I guess.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here coming from another brand to their 2019? It’s costibg me $60/month more to insure this Ram than it did my f150. Even though this has far more safety features. My mind is really blown at this. I’m not understanding why this is. Anyone else have something similar to this?
Mine went up $10 month over my 2012 Ram.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My insurance went up 25% from my 2016 to the 19'. I suspected it woud be higher the first year and then settle down once the 5th Gen went mainstream.

echristi

Reaction score
My insurance went down from about 1500 to 1000. I previously has a 2011 Escalade ESV.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Mine went up $300 from a 16 Silverado, USAA

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Talk with a local agent and see what else they can save you. With my agent increasing the liability limits I carry and adding an umbrella my rates went down dramatically.

CornTrucks

Reaction score
My insurance usually goes down with a new vehicle, then rises over the next few years as the safety of a ‘new’ vehicle fades away, then lower again after some point as the value of the vehicle depreciates. That’s my standard pattern anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread