5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

anthprice

Reaction score
That looks to be about 1% under invoice plus incentives... there are dealers that will do 7% below invoice plus incentives on factory orders, which would be about $3,500 cheaper than what you're showing.

How can I figure/estimate what the factory invoice is? I thought $8.6k off was decent. I know when I got my big horn I got $10k off msrp, but they have more factory incentives.

knightro84

Reaction score
How can I figure/estimate what the factory invoice is? I thought $8.6k off was decent. I know when I got my big horn I got $10k off msrp, but they have more factory incentives.

I would go on TrueCar and build the same exact truck and it will tell you exactly what the invoice price is - but it generally should be about 91.5% of sticker. If the dealer you are working with isn’t high volume they might not be able to go as low as 7% below invoice but you could try and get them down to 4-5%.

It all boils down to you being comfortable with the deal on the truck you want though!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would go on TrueCar and build the same exact truck and it will tell you exactly what the invoice price is - but it generally should be about 91.5% of sticker. If the dealer you are working with isn’t high volume they might not be able to go as low as 7% below invoice but you could try and get them down to 4-5%.

It all boils down to you being comfortable with the deal on the truck you want though!
My invoice was 94% of MSRP and I was able to go 2% below invoice with a $495 doc fee.

hessclark

Reaction score
I feel like I got an amazing deal. I live in Colorado but ordered my RAM From Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Virginia. A friend put me in touch with the dealer there and they offer some of the best prices I have seen yet. I am glad to pass on the salesman's contact if anyone is interested. There was no negotiation required to get this deal.

2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 in Billet Silver 5.7 Hemi (not eTorque) with RamBox and Body Color Bumpers

Fully loaded with EVERY option except for the following options I did not select:
22" wheels
33 gallon fuel tank
Block heater
Bed utility group

MSRP $67,005
-$5,784 FWP Dealer Invoice Pricing
-$4,285 Additional 7% Dealer Discount
-$1,500 RAM Rebate Discount
--------------------------------------------------
=$55,436 + tax and tags (I will also get any additional rebates that are available when I pick up the truck)

Again, if anyone needs this dealer contact, let me know and I would be happy to share!

knightro84

Reaction score
Did you order through Craig? He is well known on Mopar forums for his below invoice factory order deals. I ordered through him on 10/5 and will be making a long weekend out of going to pick up my truck (I’m in Florida). Just dealing with the hardest part now - waiting!

hessclark

Reaction score
Did you order through Craig? He is well known on Mopar forums for his below invoice factory order deals. I ordered through him on 10/5 and will be making a long weekend out of going to pick up my truck (I’m in Florida). Just dealing with the hardest part now - waiting!

Yep! Really love working with Craig! Highly recommend him to anyone looking.

Cool story, my family lives in PA and we are planning on being there for Christmas. After I ordered the truck, I looked up the dealer location and it is just over an hour from my family. Pretty cool. Now to just wait and see how long it takes. I ordered Monday and got my VIN today. The lady at customer care acted surprised I had it that quick. She said I should have a delivery date within a week. Fingers crossed.... :)

tcw3628

Reaction score
Yep! Really love working with Craig! Highly recommend him to anyone looking.

Cool story, my family lives in PA and we are planning on being there for Christmas. After I ordered the truck, I looked up the dealer location and it is just over an hour from my family. Pretty cool. Now to just wait and see how long it takes. I ordered Monday and got my VIN today. The lady at customer care acted surprised I had it that quick. She said I should have a delivery date within a week. Fingers crossed.... :)
Best of luck on a reliable delivery date within a week.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also use Edmunds Build & Price to get an idea on MSRP vs Invoice... my 2¢ is that price should be in relation to Invoice, not MSRP or you are getting screwed.

Availability and demand in your area will also significantly impact cost, so your 'best offer' may not be as good as other parts of the country. Best of luck!

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Black, customer preferred package 25h, black appearance package, advanced safety group, level 2 equipment group, pano sun roof, power running boards, sport hood, 22” wheels, brake controller, 3.21 rear/ anti-spin.
MSRP-$58150
Advertised- $49858 (after factory and dealer rebates)
Trade In- $30k (2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2WD, 44k miles)
OTD- $47226

Benny Boyd CDJ, Lampasas TX

VERY happy with how everything worked out. Best truck yet.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
You talking about the one in lancaster?

That's the one. And going back to look, you're correct. They do have pretty many 2019 1500's, it's just my equipment preferences that are I guess are making the choices non-existent.

Crew Cab
4x4
Parking Assist
5.7 eTorque

On Hunter it returns a total of three vehicles, two Rebels and one Laramie demo unit.

Not an edit - looks like it's the eTorque, removing that brings up 11 vehicles.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So... I did the thing and picked it up last night.

New Port Richey Dodge did a great job, Sales Manager Chance Hatcher was excellent to deal with, he answered my emails and threw his hat into the ring early. Even though he didn't have an exact match, he offered me a good price, and was willing to match the price on a new unit. But he was able to find a pretty good match across the state (from a dealer who never emailed me back).

Financed through a local credit union at 2.75%, they raised their rates to 3.75% the very next day.

8.63% Difference between MSRP and Invoice
4.34% Difference between Invoice and what was negotiated
9.61% Difference between Negotiated and 'Final' price.

2019 Limited
Granite Crystal Metallic
4x4, 5.7L, 6'4" bed
Level 1 package
3.92 gears
Tow Group
Off Road Group
Pano Roof

$65,465 MSRP
$59,815 Invoice
$57,215 price negotiated
$51,715 after rebates (Consumer Cash, USAA, RAM Coupons, and trade in)

This does not include Tax, Tag, Title Transfer and the 'extended warranty' as I tend to keep vehicles for 10+ years.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 30

Ls15

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Black, customer preferred package 25h, black appearance package, advanced safety group, level 2 equipment group, pano sun roof, power running boards, sport hood, 22” wheels, brake controller, 3.21 rear/ anti-spin.
MSRP-$58150
Advertised- $49858 (after factory and dealer rebates)
Trade In- $30k (2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2WD, 44k miles)
OTD- $47226

Benny Boyd CDJ, Lampasas TX

VERY happy with how everything worked out. Best truck yet.

Was it 2wd? This is my exact build except minus running boards / pano roof and the msrp is around 61 ish.

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Was it 2wd? This is my exact build except minus running boards / pano roof and the msrp is around 61 ish.
Yeah 2wd.....almost went for 4wd but I really do not have a use for it where I live.

61k sounds a bit high.....you might have other options that aren’t displayed on the window sticker. Ask for a build sheet and compare

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah 2wd.....almost went for 4wd but I really do not have a use for it where I live.

61k sounds a bit high.....you might have other options that aren’t displayed on the window sticker. Ask for a build sheet and compare
61k for 2wd? wow forget it

Cannonball

Reaction score
Two dealerships I've dealt with that were excellent via email were Koons in VA (Craig) and Thunder in Bartow, FL (Saul). Pricing was transparent, not the common burying incentives into the dealer discount. Both these guys responded quickly and actually acted like I mattered even though I was "just" an email lead.

People don't like going to dealers because of the song and dance it requires. I can happily say I just ordered a 2019 without ever going to the dealer. Besides test drive locally when they first came out. Koons got my business because of their pricing but Thunder was only a few bucks behind.

For central Florida, Thunder was the cheapest for those of you in the area. Koons was and has been (as discussed on here) the bottom dollar dealer.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For central Florida, Thunder was the cheapest for those of you in the area. Koons was and has been (as discussed on here) the bottom dollar dealer.

They were one of the dealers I contacted, Eric replied and passed me off to someone else who never followed up...

Users who are viewing this thread