5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trash can recommendation?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow didn’t know this was a thing lol I figured any plastic/paper bag would work and just toss it the next time you make a stop where an actual trash can is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimchi

Reaction score
I have one of these in the back. A bungee cord through the hole on the fold-out storage tray to the lip of the can holds it in place against the rear seat. Has a removable hard liner, and fits standard small trash bags if you like. Looks classy too.

simplehuman 10 Liter / 2.6 Gallon Profile Open Trash Can, Brushed Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L5SN3...abc_1ENKE14KJ4M713NNR2HY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I grabbed a pet-baggie holder and 5pk of rolls from the local dollar store to keep in the center console - easy for little things to toss in the door cup pocket until it's tossed at the next fill up

RTDDTF

Reaction score
I usually just store small pieces of trash in the side of the door, but my wife complains about it looking messy so looking for something that will work better for me for trash, and helps keep her happy

BobK

Reaction score
Use to always keep one of the grocery story plastic bags for garbage but now that NY has outlawed them (I think you get shot on site if found with one) and you only get paper or have to bring your own, I buy 20 lunch size paper bags from the dollar store and use those. I figure I throw them out much more often since they are small but its more biodegradable anyway. :)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use to always keep one of the grocery story plastic bags for garbage but now that NY has outlawed them (I think you get shot on site if found with one) and you only get paper or have to bring your own...
Same here in CA, but instead of getting shot you get dirty looks from all the Tesla/hybrid drivers (especially when I get into my non-eTorque truck ;)).

BobK

Reaction score
The Prius drivers give the same look here as I get in my 15mpg truck until I tell them my e-torque truck HAS a battery. Then they just call me a liar. Then I threaten to run them over while they are in their little toy car if they dont drive away real quick. :)

Every20years

Reaction score
Same here in CA, but instead of getting shot you get dirty looks from all the Tesla/hybrid drivers (especially when I get into my non-eTorque truck ;)).
I am looking forward to driving my CA Smog Rating of 1 EcoDiesel and burning dinosaurs. I'll recycle and use paper for trash to make up for it.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last truck was a 2003 Ford F-250 diesel (7.3L). It was pre-emissions, sounded like a garbage truck, and smelled great (no smoke).

Got lots of disapproving looks driving it around and people were more than happy to offer their opinion of it when I would pull into Sprouts or Trader Joe's to pick up groceries. :rolleyes:

I would tell them that it passes smog and I don't have to call a HAZMAT truck if I get into an accident. Man, I miss that truck!

Maxx102

Reaction score

jimchi

Reaction score
Lol OP asked for trash can recommendations and some guys felt the need to flex on Prius owners. Small d energy 🙄

Kooch80

Reaction score
I use a plastic cereal container. Usually put bags from the grocery store in it

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Prius argument goes both ways. There are many "low d energy" guys out there that jack up their trucks a mile high, put huge off road tires on it, spew their toxic black diesel clouds at every light on purpose, but the truck never sees more than a gravel road at worst. There are also many Prius drivers whom, upon purchasing the car, think they're somehow elevated to the rank of Queen/King and drive like a butthole because somehow they are now better than anyone else not driving a Prius.

But back on topic...
I usually just store small pieces of trash in the side of the door, but my wife complains about it looking messy so looking for something that will work better for me for trash, and helps keep her happy

Its actually the opposite for my wife and I. But yes, agree with others, we bring a small plastic or paper bag on long trips for a trash bag. When its full, we dispose of it at the next stop.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Don't keep nor generate trash in the truck. Strictly forbidden. ;)

Cheers,
Its actually the opposite for my wife and I. But yes, agree with others, we bring a small plastic or paper bag on long trips for a trash bag. When its full, we dispose of it at the next stop.
Yep. This is what we do on trips also. The rest of the time it stays trash free ;)

Users who are viewing this thread