5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

glennf14

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Ivory white, 12 inch Uconnect, sport package, panoramic sunroof, 33 gallon tank, anti spin, protection group, etorque, towing package
MSRP $62040
Sale Price $55747
Rebates $4500
Final Price $51247
Trade in $20950
OTD with TTL $32757.79
congrats!! that truck is sickkkkkk, now you're making me consider the sport pkg AND white...

Ute4Life

Reaction score
congrats!! that truck is sickkkkkk, now you're making me consider the sport pkg AND white...
Thanks, for me white was a must, and I was teetering on the Laramie or a Rebel, but I like the tech of the Laramie and so I leveled my Laramie and threw 35 inch KO2's on it.

Attachments

• truck 10.jpg
    truck 10.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
  • truck 11.jpg
    truck 11.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 82

CaptShred

Reaction score
Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $54855
Sale Price $46601
Rebates $4500
Final $42101 + tax, title...

LOVE IT

Socks

Reaction score
Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $54855
Sale Price $46601
Rebates $4500
Final $42101 + tax, title...

LOVE IT
What am I doing wrong. Every time I go to a dealer. I cant even get them into the 40k range. It's like 51k and some as low as 50k. Maybe it's a SoCal thing? But if I could have gotten to this price point, I'd already have mine. To be fair, my build usually starts Msrp around 58k-ish

Bdog

Reaction score
I leased it.

We (wife and I) view car shopping as a sport/hunting. And it's open season every 36 months :cool: I would like to say and think we do pretty good on our deals.

I would be interested to see. Even if you trade often you are almost always money ahead purchasing the vehicles.

zer0

Reaction score
I would be interested to see. Even if you trade often you are almost always money ahead purchasing the vehicles.
OH...I'm not saying leasing is better financially.

There are certainly various reasons why you would lease
  • sometimes it's cheaper
  • get a nicer car for the monthly rate vs financing
  • ability to change cars frequently
  • always have a new car
  • not worry about major car issues down the line
But again...I'm not going to to pretend to tell anyone that it is a better financial decision...you never stop paying.

As far as my deal, it's a fully loaded limited (everything except 4x4) for $659 taxes in, with $1,500 due at signing (first month, tag, etc).

JoeRam

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Ivory White, Level 1, Body Colored Bumper, Bed Utility, 3.92, Trailer Brake, 33 Gal, Pana, Anti-Spin Rear, 22's
MSRP $70,190
Sale Price $62,475
Rebates $4000
Trade $56,600
OTD $2158.15 TTL IMG_1020b.JPG IMG_1022a.JPG

CaptShred

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong. Every time I go to a dealer. I cant even get them into the 40k range. It's like 51k and some as low as 50k. Maybe it's a SoCal thing? But if I could have gotten to this price point, I'd already have mine. To be fair, my build usually starts Msrp around 58k-ish
I negotiate over email or text message having never walked into the dealership. If the dealership wants the sale they'll bite. If not, try another dealer.

Socks

Reaction score
I negotiate over email or text message having never walked into the dealership. If the dealership wants the sale they'll bite. If not, try another dealer.
Are you in cali too or is this just general info? I'm game to send emails out.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just sent emails to the Internet Sales Manager... only 15% of them emailed me back... tomorrow I'm going to look at one that was brought over from across the state

CaptShred

Reaction score
Are you in cali too or is this just general info? I'm game to send emails out.
I'm in Colorado, but no reason you can't negotiate anywhere (or anything) like this. Check out truecar.com as well to see what prices people are paying locally.

CaptShred

Reaction score
I just sent emails to the Internet Sales Manager... only 15% of them emailed me back... tomorrow I'm going to look at one that was brought over from across the state
That's surprising. Can't sell trucks if they don't get back to you.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had 2 dealers that I had visited and was in contact via phone and email not respond back when I asked via email for their best price on a build. Selling enough trucks or not worth the delership's time and effort????
That's surprising. Can't sell trucks if they don't get back to you.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had 2 dealers that I had visited and was in contact via phone and email not respond back when I asked via email for their best price on a build. Selling enough trucks or not worth the dealership's time and effort????

Lazy and/or ignorant as to the manner in which people are wanting to do business, which is mostly online and not in person. My time is important to me... I'm not wasting hours on end driving from dealer to dealer to spend hours at each place dithering over price.

On 10/11 I sent out 33 emails (yeah, I know, probably a bit much) and only 15 responded, out of those only 1 sent me what I asked for... I sent a clarification to 14 dealers; only two more replied with what I asked. Two basically refused to negotiate over email. Apparently there are enough people willing to walk into a dealer and pay way too much for a vehicle.

Today I'm going to the dealer who actually replied correctly the first time and offered a decent deal...hopefully I'll be going home with a new truck. :)

Socks

Reaction score
Lazy and/or ignorant as to the manner in which people are wanting to do business, which is mostly online and not in person. My time is important to me... I'm not wasting hours on end driving from dealer to dealer to spend hours at each place dithering over price.

On 10/11 I sent out 33 emails (yeah, I know, probably a bit much) and only 15 responded, out of those only 1 sent me what I asked for... I sent a clarification to 14 dealers; only two more replied with what I asked. Two basically refused to negotiate over email. Apparently there are enough people willing to walk into a dealer and pay way too much for a vehicle.

Today I'm going to the dealer who actually replied correctly the first time and offered a decent deal...hopefully I'll be going home with a new truck. :)
Could you PM me that email. So I know what you are saying to get the best deal?

anthprice

Reaction score
How does this look for an order? $58k MSRP. Came down to $49,393+TT.

Pittsburgh, PA area 28EBE7E9-6BA7-4377-B550-DBDCD8015AEB.jpeg

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

Same here. But from looking around Cali dealers don't actually seem to have many actually in stock. I checked out the "Largest Ram dealership in Cali" and was pretty shocked at how limited their supply was. Cali dealers also don't seem to be listing much more than MSRP - Rebates on their websites, whereas other states dealerships seem to have no problem listing "Dealer Discount" right up front on their inventory.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
I used the Costco auto buying program..... though USAA, AAA , and my credit union have programs too, I contacted the dealer contact Costco sent me and told him I have the other programs as well and which was the best price..... though I don't pick it up til Friday and something might change so far the Costco price is the lowest.... then get to add the various rebates to that below invoice starting point. I will post numbers when its done but so far it looks like it should be about 10-11k below MSRP with rebates thrown in....

Socks

Reaction score
Same here. But from looking around Cali dealers don't actually seem to have many actually in stock. I checked out the "Largest Ram dealership in Cali" and was pretty shocked at how limited their supply was. Cali dealers also don't seem to be listing much more than MSRP - Rebates on their websites, whereas other states dealerships seem to have no problem listing "Dealer Discount" right up front on their inventory.
You talking about the one in lancaster? The had a bunch a month or two ago. I did a post in it. Like 20 Laramie, 30+ big horns, 15 rebels, 2 Longhorns and sadly only 1 limited maybe 2. That was just the side I was on. I saw some more on the other side but I was getting sunburned in the high desert. But they were no haggle at all 59k laramie to 51k, $500 off the rebel which amazes me and like 4k off the longhorn. Dont remember the big horn is it's my fallback option. Still the goal is longhorn with cattle/black interior but a Laramie sport is still a dream machine.

Users who are viewing this thread