5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smaller Key Fob

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Honestly this key fob size is perfect. Why would you want a small key. Unless you keep your keys in your pocket all day

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that they are a little big, but the Limited fob is pretty damn good looking! Me like.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The size isn’t much of an issue in colder months. Always extra pockets in sweaters and jackets and coats
But in the warmer months, especially in shorts, it a bigger issue
Also wish I could incorporate this proximity entry to my house doors!!

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I only have one extra key on mine so it’s really not an issue for my pocket, but I also don’t wear skinny jeans.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
who has house keys to add? Don't you just go through the garage? I can honestly say I don't even know where my house key is and have lived here 13 yrs original owner.
That works great until the day you come home during a thunderstorm, and the power is out… Ask me how I know 😃

Mikejones11

Reaction score
My house just has the number lock deal. I don’t even know where my house key is lol.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fob is always in my pocket. Keys are on a separate ring in my other pocket. It's bigger than my last one (2003 Ford) but the fob, while a little bulky, is smaller than fob/real key combo for my old Ford.

If I had to use the fob to start the truck (insert like the 4th gen) then I'd think it was too big.

I have a garage but it's detached so I use my house keys every day.

RamOwner

Reaction score
I guess it's not so bad, but I prefer the size of the fob for my old Gen4.

DTN

Reaction score
My fob is also a phaser

iu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread