5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
Just to give you guys a little context of the benefit of going with Aaron @ Mark Dodge here’s a direct comparison. I’m in the Philly suburbs and cast a wide net of about 20 area dealers (including Koons and Criswell sometimes recommended here) emailing each of them with my build to order Laramie spec having a $63,370 MSRP. The best offer I got was a $56,967 sale price and I originally placed an order with them. However communication fell off drastically after the order was placed and their tune changed on incentives being included or not in that price.

Thanks to this thread I heard of Aaron and contacted him. Since he’s in one of the states that can get the Southwest Edition I was able to spec a $63,520 MSRP Laramie with air suspension and 12” uconnect added in for only $150 more on the MSRP. His sale price was $54,748, a savings of $2,219 over the local dealer. It ended up costing $1,000 to have the truck shipped up to me in PA (1388 miles).

TLDR, assuming the fees at the original dealer would have been in line with Aaron’s, I ended up:
- Saving $2,219 on the sale price
- Getting $3,200 in additional equipment (air suspension and 12” uconnect)
- Spending $1,000 on shipping
For a total savings of about $4,419. In addition Aaron was easy to work with, responsive, and no BS. The only downside is the worry/wait/uncertainty/etc. of shipping your brand new truck. But it’s here and I’m a happy camper.

View attachment 86395
Beautiful truck. Mark dodge was the easiest to work with other then buying a Tesla online. Dealers don't know how to transition to this online world.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Glad you got a great deal and what you really wanted. It looks fantastic!

Which dealer did you initially settle on to order? Note, they were making $2000+ on their deal and Aaron still found a way to make money for Mark Dodge. $2000 on a discounted deal. Think how many people don't haggle or settle for way less. Slim profit margins my eye.
Country in Oxford, PA. Fortunately they only took a $250 deposit which I ate, oh well, live and learn.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trust me, and all the testimonies in this thread, Aaron at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA is worth talking to.

Yep, I wasted a lot of time with other dealers before finally contacting Aaron. I do wish they were closer but other than that Aaron has been great.

jgreene

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Sport from the factory.

I got it fully loaded. Got tubular steps instead of the retractable steps. I also did not get the Tow back up feature with the knob.

MSRP - $78,160 CAD
Ram Rebate - $7,500 CAD
Dealer Negotiation - $4,660 CAD
Total - $66,000 CAD

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Sport from the factory.

I got it fully loaded. Got tubular steps instead of the retractable steps. I also did not get the Tow back up feature with the knob.

MSRP - $78,160 CAD
Ram Rebate - $7,500 CAD
Dealer Negotiation - $4,660 CAD
Total - $66,000 CAD
Converting that into freedom units, that is a nice deal!

Horty222

Reaction score
Not sure what they are charging interest wise MF and $2400 is Mid Atlantic lease incentives not $5000, although I did see a dealership stating a bunch of lease incentives from Chrysler Capital. I'm not sure how or what qualifies you for them though. They total $5150. I sure would like to get $5000. What dealership gave you this quote? I'm Mid Atlantic too.

View attachment 86393

Edmunds is where I got my numbers:
.00001 MF and 56% residual $2400 incentive. That's not necessarily for your build, it is spec specific.

You can join and get your numbers here: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/6063662#Comment_6063662

Here's my guess at what they are giving you:
leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ram&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=51690&sales_price=46796&months=36&mf=0.00114&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=5000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true
Jeff D'ambrosio Chrysler Jeep Dodge

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Jeff D'ambrosio Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Careful with them, they are my local dealer, did my test drives there and would have given them my business but they were thousands above the best local price, which was another couple thousand above Aaron @ Mark Dodge. When I told them sorry, going elsewhere the sales manager asked to call me. He basically told me the offers I got from the other locals were bs, no way they could make money at that price (this was before I had contacted Aaron). And pretty much insinuated I would come crawling back when the numbers didn’t turn out to be true. :rolleyes: I should email him my final sale contract...

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Careful with them, they are my local dealer, did my test drives there and would have given them my business but they were thousands above the best local price, which was another couple thousand above Aaron @ Mark Dodge. When I told them sorry, going elsewhere the sales manager asked to call me. He basically told me the offers I got from the other locals were bs, no way they could make money at that price (this was before I had contacted Aaron). And pretty much insinuated I would come crawling back when the numbers didn’t turn out to be true. :rolleyes: I should email him my final sale contract...

I’m a grown *** man and do not have the kind of ‘gusto’ that leads me to rub something in someone’s face but unfortunately I couldn’t help myself. When I signed & put down a deposit with Mark dodge, I sent the final price to my local dealer. The same dealer who told me:

1. Employee Pricing for all is the lowest they could do in December and RAM forbid them from doing anything lower
2. You can’t order a Limited with a 6’4” bed
3. You can only buy an extended warranty from the dealer you purchase the truck
4. They lowest they could do on the truck I wanted with the short bed was $69,500. Mark Dodge was $63,475 on the same build with the longer build
5. When i walked in to test drive a limited, before I picked a car, set a price or even asked about details, they gave me a credit app and said “a lot of guys don’t qualify for Limited trims so we’re going to need to pull your credit before we talk numbers”
6. They also basically told me “good luck” when I said I was going to shop in other states citing that “any deal another dealer gives you in another state is null in void since you don’t live there” RAM incentives confirmed promotions are tied to my zip code and any dealer can run those against your purchase no matter where you buy it.

You bet your butt I sent them the final price on that build and told them I looked forward to having my warranty work done with them after i took delivery.

Very childish but they dicked me around so much I couldn’t help it. I haven’t gotten a reply yet but it felt good rubbing it in their faces. Saving 6 grand off their ‘best price’ is huge. They also would have never locked in the 0% interest for me.

Horty222

Reaction score
I’m a grown *** man and do not have the kind of ‘gusto’ that leads me to rub something in someone’s face but unfortunately I couldn’t help myself. When I signed & put down a deposit with Mark dodge, I sent the final price to my local dealer. The same dealer who told me:

1. Employee Pricing for all is the lowest they could do in December and RAM forbid them from doing anything lower
4. They lowest they could do on the truck I wanted with the short bed was $69,500. Mark Dodge was $63,475 on the same build with the longer build
5. When i walked in to test drive a limited, before I picked a car, set a price or even asked about details, they gave me a credit app and said “a lot of guys don’t qualify for Limited trims so we’re going to need to pull your credit before we talk numbers”
6. They also basically told me “good luck” when I said I was going to shop in other states citing that “any deal another dealer gives you in another state is null in void since you don’t live there” RAM incentives confirmed promotions are tied to my zip code and any dealer can run those against your purchase no matter where you buy it.

You bet your butt I sent them the final price on that build and told them I looked forward to having my warranty work done with them after i took delivery.

Very childish but they dicked me around so much I couldn’t help it. I haven’t gotten a reply yet but it felt good rubbing it in their faces. Saving 6 grand off their ‘best price’ is huge. They also would have never locked in the 0% interest for me.
Well good to know. I've been talking to both Aaron at Mark Dodge and Carl at Criswell trying to send my factory order. There is another dealer in the game which has been very helpful and that is Ourisman in Clarksville Md. .. anyways thanks for the heads up.

mophead

Reaction score
I hear you. I have a couple I feel the same about. But hey why educate them? Their loss.

mophead

Reaction score

Why give them your warranty service. That's their bread and butter. Hit em where it hurts ;)

Nova90

Reaction score
Well good to know. I've been talking to both Aaron at Mark Dodge and Carl at Criswell trying to send my factory order. There is another dealer in the game which has been very helpful and that is Ourisman in Clarksville Md. .. anyways thanks for the heads up.
Be careful with Carl, he said that it was impossible to lock in the 0% financing at the time of order. I moved on from talking with him after that.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bought two vehicles the past two years (RAM and Highlander). The common thread with all the high priced dealers is they all say low priced dealers' prices are not legitimate.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
If you get a truck shipped from Mark Dodge where does it ship to, residents or a local dealer?

Runagun

Reaction score
Oh Ourisman was fun to deal with. 🙄🙄🙄. I'm curious what they have to say. We need to see if you qualify for these discounts? It was my biggest bait and switch dealer I spoke too.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why give them your warranty service. That's their bread and butter. Hit em where it hurts ;)

well, I’m in the middle of nowhere. I’m lucky to even have a ram dealer. We just got a Chevy dealer and I don’t really want to drive 90 minutes for warranty work.

Users who are viewing this thread