5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Intro - from Oklahoma USA

kkniskern

Reaction score
Bought my truck about a year ago now, and have been trolling the site for help for several months, but thought its about time to get active and participate. Thanks for all the help you all have already provided unknowingly.

Had a extended cab dodge Dakota about 25 years ago, and have really missed that truck. This last year - right before my birthday - I decided to get myself a present and Bought a 2020 1500 Bighorn Crew 4x4 and haven't stopped grinning since.

I chase tornados here in OK, KS, and TX, and am big into 12v additions including up-fitting for emergency lighting and additional 12v accessorizing for the myriad of chargers and adapters that are required to keep the equipment running.

Looking forward to contributing and learning from each of you as well!

- This image shows the truck with Additional Puddle Lights added underneath, and after I replaced the stock bulbs in the bed light, added custom LED bed lights in back, and added reverse lights to help with the back-up camera

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 22

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

KCViper

Reaction score
Welcome!! I see in the title of your thread "from Oklahoma USA" Since When did Oklahoma become part of the USA 😁

kkniskern

Reaction score
hey I have ZERO knowledge about add-ons and up-fits but if you get the Mopar ram air flow or the vararam intake system, it will clear up room for a second battery box in the old air box location. I'm assuming that would be beneficial to you, but again, I have no idea. welcome!

Edit: here's a thread on it: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/installed-dual-battery-with-redarc-isolator.20482/

and a photo:
View attachment 84311
that is really clean! I already went with the K&N Cold air intake, but this definitely provides some fantastic options for space!

Users who are viewing this thread