5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So got word from the dealer today. Due to the chip shortage no timeline for the build. Mines a Sport (Canada only trim) so assuming the chips are getting allocated to these. As it stands now I’m going to remove that option and hopefully move forward from there. Ordered November 23rd and probably another 2 months I would think
Ordered the same day 11/23, picked mine up on Friday, 2/19 (came in the night of 2/17 - 12 1/2 weeks total time) as reference. My longest stage was inspection 32 days, as stated before. I know you're in Canada but that's horrible for that timeframe, and weird the shortage is affecting a November build, even if allocated late. Contact Stellantis? They threw in a complimentary 50k/5 year maintenance plan for my troubles after all.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Ordered the same day 11/23, picked mine up on Friday, 2/19 (came in the night of 2/17 - 12 1/2 weeks total time) as reference. My longest stage was inspection 32 days, as stated before. I know you're in Canada but that's horrible for that timeframe, and weird the shortage is affecting a November build, even if allocated late. Contact Stellantis? They threw in a complimentary 50k/5 year maintenance plan for my troubles after all.
I don’t think we have stellantis up here. I’m going to be calling FCA and seeing if they can do something for me but I won’t know that until tomorrow
Edit: I’m a moron and didn’t realize Stallantis took over FCA... I’ll get this figured out lol

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think we have stellantis up here. I’m going to be calling FCA and seeing if they can do something for me but I won’t know that until tomorrow
FCA doesn't technically exist anymore. FCA-PSA is now Stellantis essentially.

EDIT: Yep haha all good dude.

BizWiz

Reaction score
RAM chat should just join the forum. Would save them from having to deal with us chatting them all day.

Mate514

Reaction score

I contacted FCA (order 11/17 from Canada) and they told me only the dealer could help me. Bullsheet! They sent me a survey on their customer service and I gave them 1 star explaining the situation and If would of know, would of wait for the new Raptor, maybe that will shake them a little bit but I doubt it.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Great info, Thanks! I had spoke to incentives and they also said my bonus cash would not expire but just said have the dealer call if it was an issue. I'll check with the dealer about the "sold order protection".

I also got the apology email. My 2/22 date was moved to 3/23. It prompted me to check the chat and I went from "entering build soon" yesterday to "paint stage" today. Hopefully this continues and they get things moving along. Would be great if they added some cushion into these new dates and are able to beat them by a week or two.

Ordered 1/6/21, 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel 4x4– Two tone granite/black <> Hemi-eTorque <> e-shift on demand <> Level 2 <> Night Edition <> C&C <> Bed Liner <> Wheel House Liners <> Blind Spot.

Hope you get it on time! I ordered loaded rebel night edition in Toronto Feb 2, 2021 and was told 16 weeks delivery (May 24th). I’m now hearing through other Canadian dealerships and friends trying to order Trucks that, with the chip issue, getting power trailer mirrors, blind spot and advance safety group, delivery date extremely is uncertain. Customers ordering now can’t even have those features as options. One friend removed those options and was assured earlier delivery. I’m not willing to sacrifice the features I want so have to play the waiting game!

Is there anyone here from Canada and hearing anything similar?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I contacted FCA (order 11/17 from Canada) and they told me only the dealer could help me. Bullsheet! They sent me a survey on their customer service and I gave them 1 star explaining the situation and If would of know, would of wait for the new Raptor, maybe that will shake them a little bit but I doubt it.
Yeah I mean I did the same and I seriously was considering getting something else and then they kinda pushed it through. You don’t necessarily have to take delivery of the vehicle too.

gobble9mil

Reaction score
is this a new stage or same as before "all parts have been received" does it being sequenced actually mean anything new?
I got that same message today when I just checked. Even spoke with the dealer about it and he knows it is a waiting game. At this point I'll check back on Monday to see if anything happens but doubting it.

Looks like no rhyme or reason, post after post.

I ordered 1/25. Got VIN a few days later. 1500 Laramie CC, 4X4, L2, Night, Black, BUG, Power Boards, Pan Roof, 3.21, 33 Gallon, V8 Etorque

2/23/21 - Ram Chat on phone. "Your truck is being built".
2/24/21 - Ram Chat via web chat. "All parts have been received and your truck is scheduled to be built".
2/26/21 - Dealer. "You have an estimated ship date of 3/10."

How confident should we all be when the dealer gives us an "estimated ship date"? Is the dealer arguably more credible than the generic customer service team reading scripts to us? Guess it depends on the dealer, their size, volume they move...their clout. Thoughts?

KCViper

Reaction score
I have received a ETA of 3/1-3/15 from Ram chat and 3/4-3/10 from the dealer, so should know in a couple of weeks how accurate the shipping date estimates are!

enigmaaron

Reaction score

I ordered 1/25. Got VIN a few days later. 1500 Laramie CC, 4X4, L2, Night, Black, BUG, Power Boards, Pan Roof, 3.21, 33 Gallon, V8 Etorque

2/24/21 - Ram Chat via web chat. "All parts have been received and your truck is scheduled to be built".

How confident should we all be when the dealer gives us an "estimated ship date"? Is the dealer arguably more credible than the generic customer service team reading scripts to us? Guess it depends on the dealer, their size, volume they move...their clout. Thoughts?
Mine was finished and moved to shipping stage two weeks ago. It hasn’t moved since, with no ETA whatsoever. So I would say take it with a grain of salt, the dealer only knows what the factory lists on the POC and based on this thread the factory is all over the place.

MagicA4

Reaction score

The estimated ship date in my case is the day after the build date. Which is a complete joke. Depending on what you ordered the truck has to go to the "Body Vendor" (=Mopar Custom Shop). And although the average time IN the shop is only 1 hour - the wait time to actually get in it might be several weeks. This is beyond frustrating ...

J2daWall

Reaction score
Mine was finished and moved to shipping stage two weeks ago. It hasn’t moved since, with no ETA whatsoever. So I would say take it with a grain of salt, the dealer only knows what the factory lists on the POC and based on this thread the factory is all over the place.
Seems like the current wait time in the Shipping stage without them giving an ETA is at the 2-week mark. I would expect that you will be loaded onto the rail shortly and then be given an ETA window.

GTLimited

Reaction score
Hope you get it on time! I ordered loaded rebel night edition in Toronto Feb 2, 2021 and was told 16 weeks delivery (May 24th). I’m now hearing through other Canadian dealerships and friends trying to order Trucks that, with the chip issue, getting power trailer mirrors, blind spot and advance safety group, delivery date extremely is uncertain. Customers ordering now can’t even have those features as options. One friend removed those options and was assured earlier delivery. I’m not willing to sacrifice the features I want so have to play the waiting game!

I wonder if it's a Canada-build limitation? I just ordered a 2021 Bighorn and the dealer was able to order it with the standalone Blind Spot & Rear Cross Path Detection package.

Of course, being able to place an order and getting built within a reasonable timeframe are 2 different things.

21bighorn

Reaction score
Ordered on 12/18/20. I have vin and a von and that’s it. Talked to CC and they said call back in 10 days to 2weeks and we should have more information. It’s beyond frustrating. Oh it’s now a D status as well, maybe that will help.

Mate514

Reaction score
Yeah I mean I did the same and I seriously was considering getting something else and then they kinda pushed it through. You don’t necessarily have to take delivery of the vehicle too.

I know but I have a 1000$ deposit (that I could probably get back) and 4000$ of aftermarket parts waiting in the garage. I could resale them but I would loose time and money. I’m too deep in the process to switch brand, I’ll continue to harass them and hope for some compensation like you had.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was told by the dealer on 2/16 that my vehicle would be leaving on 3/1..As of yesterday it is still waiting to be built.

Mate514

Reaction score

Yeah, well I just finished week 15 and the truck isn't built yet. Don't put your hopes too high.

Reaction score
Update:

12/31/20 - Ordered
1/21/21 - Email from RAM Customer care quoting delivery during the week of Feb 16.
2/10/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly.
2/16/21 - Ram Chat informed me that truck has been built and is awaiting quality control inspection.
2/21/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly (we are going backwards).
2/22/21 - Emailed dealer who responded immediately - Truck is in "E" status which is framing. Estimated shipping date of 2/25, but dealer thinks this unlikely.
2/25/21 - Email from RAM Customer Care apologizing for their incorrect 1/21/21 email. The email says they expect that the truck will reach the dealer the week of 3/24/21.
2/26/21 - Window sticker and build sheet available.

I am guessing that the late-March date in the email many of us got yesterday had a lot of buffer in it for quality control. Time will tell.

louscrw

Reaction score
I bought my truck off the lot earlier this week; however, I talked to the manager about a custom build,and he told me right now it would be likely be somewhere between 12-16 weeks, possibly up to 20. I thought that was a veiled attempt to scare me into buying a truck on his lot, but, reading this thread, maybe he was somewhat truthful

Users who are viewing this thread