5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Glrich3

Reaction score
Added Amp-Research Bedstep (back) and Bedstep 2 (side). Much easier to get in / out of the bed. The side one clears the factory step also. Very happy.

Can you take a picture of the under carriage to see how it’s mounted ?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took some kind of tire lock off my spare tire. Don't know if it was factory or not, but it was there when I bought my ram new with 11 miles on it.
a573445adf1018e7a48fbb1ed133c730.jpg

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took some kind of tire lock off my spare tire. Don't know if it was factory or not, but it was there when I bought my ram new with 11 miles on it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
That's odd..... that particular dealership must have issues with spare tires being stolen, I've seen it all now. Obviously they forgot to remove yours after the sale lol.

On a side note is your hitch step vinyl wrapped or painted?

Last edited:

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score

What in tha world?!? That’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove to work lol

..man, this one felt weird to read. I haven’t driven to work in exactly 1 full year this week. It’s been a crazy long year, that’s for sure. While they’re planning to welcome us back sometime around Labor Day, we just got permission to ‘work from anywhere’ 90 calendar days in 2021 so we’re planning on taking delivery of the truck in July, loading up our dirt bikes and heading some place and renting a house for a month and working from there...then doing it again in November. I live in a 700 square foot house with my wife and a dog And we’ve only left for gas & groceries for a year now or we‘re out in the woods riding but I really need a change of scenery. What am I doing in this town when I don’t even have to go to an office? we can’t pull two bikes with our car so the truck is going to be huge for us.

I do miss going to the office though. A LOT. I run the internship program for a tech company, 6-10 interns join every 3 months and I do all of the work, recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, managing and shipping prototype projects and I’ve now had 30 interns 100% remotely w/o ever meeting them. This was a way easier job when we had a place to go.

Sorry for off topic, just realized I haven’t driven to work in a full year.

Last edited:

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I'm grateful my Laramie options included the wireless charger. I would've been none the wiser had I continued to have to plug in, but once I used it (the Ram is my first experience with one), I saw right away the convenience. Plus, it's nice to have that rubber clip so the phone is not sliding around or hidden.
I rarely use the oem wireless charger base because it charges so slow. It’s much quicker to use the usb-c port.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn’t looking out for this when I bought the truck. I was too focused on finding one with 4x4, gearing, interior, and factory skid plates, etc. that wireless charging missed the list. I’m pretty happy with my retrofit though.

That Protection Group is a BARGAIN! Try pricing those pieces separately, and you'll be $200 over MSRP of the PG. And with the PG, your overall dealer discount works as well. That's the option *I* missed.

Then again though, I won't off-road seriously enough to need the plates, but I do want the hooks.

WReckeR

Reaction score
..man, this one felt weird to read. I haven’t driven to work in exactly 1 full year this week. It’s been a crazy long year, that’s for sure. While they’re planning to welcome us back sometime around Labor Day, we just got permission to ‘work from anywhere’ 90 calendar days in 2021 so we’re planning on taking delivery of the truck in July, loading up our dirt bikes and heading some place and renting a house for a month and working from there...then doing it again in November. I live in a 700 square foot house with my wife and a dog And we’ve only left for gas & groceries for a year now or we‘re out in the woods riding but I really need a change of scenery. What am I doing in this town when I don’t even have to go to an office? we can’t pull two bikes with our car so the truck is going to be huge for us.

I do miss going to the office though. A LOT. I run the internship program for a tech company, 6-10 interns join every 3 months and I do all of the work, recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, managing and shipping prototype projects and I’ve now had 30 interns 100% remotely w/o ever meeting them. This was a way easier job when we had a place to go.

Sorry for off topic, just realized I haven’t driven to work in a full year.
Adam,
You have a serious case of cabin fever! Great to hear you like riding dirt bikes. I just bought a WR250R dual sport (hence my username) a year ago, but I'm a 25 year street riding veteran. I hope the dirt brings as much joy to my life as the street has. Super jealous of your 90 days program. I'd really enjoy that.

We have a Sales Academy that your internship program reminds me of. But every group in the front office contributes to training. You have your hands full, I'm sure!

K_Hub

Reaction score
That Protection Group is a BARGAIN! Try pricing those pieces separately, and you'll be $200 over MSRP of the PG. And with the PG, your overall dealer discount works as well. That's the option *I* missed.

Then again though, I won't off-road seriously enough to need the plates, but I do want the hooks.

They have already saved me. Living in the desert in an agricultural community off roading is just daily driving, especially when one of my buddies blocks off his best hunting spots with rows of tires stacked across the road.

Luckily overall I got a sweet deal on this truck outfitted the way I wanted because I bought a diesel 2019 1500 classic Laramie at the same time for one of our outside salesmen. He was pretty happy with his truck until he got in mine.

Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Protection group was the one option I didn’t pick. Any DIY-ers have this option and do their own maintenance? I didn’t want to unbolt 50 screws just do do the transfer case / oil change and other maintenance items.

Hmm... Something to think about.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Did the cupholder and console liners everywhere in the truck. I have had them in other trucks and it just makes it a little easier when cleaning. I just pull them out and dip them in bucket of soap and wash them off or wipe them down. My other trucks I just did the solid black, but the red seems to match the Rebel interior (sort of). The kit comes with like 30 pieces. Some items were made to fit the Limited/Longhorn that did not fit. Amazon of course...
IMG_3304.jpg IMG_3321.jpg IMG_3323.jpg IMG_3342.jpg IMG_3336.jpg

Zeeya

Reaction score

2019 Rebel, mine came with a lock on it also.. He--, I figured they all did...

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did the cupholder and console liners everywhere in the truck. I have had them in other trucks and it just makes it a little easier when cleaning. I just pull them out and dip them in bucket of soap and wash them off or wipe them down. My other trucks I just did the solid black, but the red seems to match the Rebel interior (sort of). The kit comes with like 30 pieces. Some items were made to fit the Limited/Longhorn that did not fit. Amazon of course...
View attachment 83782 View attachment 83783 View attachment 83784 View attachment 83785 View attachment 83786
Looks good with your existing trim. Do you have a link by chance?

WReckeR

Reaction score
View attachment 83782 View attachment 83783 View attachment 83784 View attachment 83785 View attachment 83786
I was surprised to find out that the OEM rubber doesn't come out. Well, I didn't tug on it hard enough yet...
The inserts in my 2001 Dodge Dakota are all removeable for cleaning. Very desirable.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe the entire front sensors are controlled by the switch. When I turn them on the sensors beeps non stop. I thought it might learn that there is an obstruction there, but not.
Sensors do not learn...if they see something there they will beep!

Users who are viewing this thread