5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handgun Mount

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this holster made for me with a RAM mount attached to it and then bought the rest of the RAM mounts I needed to run the seat bolt through it and attached everything. this was in my 17, but I am planning to add it to my 19 shortly
Nice Walther. I have the 'Classic' version.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
I use the gum creek steering wheel mount. It's pretty universal in design and does not harm the finish. It has been in my F-150 and Challenger and now in the RAM. You just need to make sure you get the opposite hand holster for it. The way it mounts makes it backwards. I have a P365 and the position is perfect.

18Cummins

Reaction score
Anyone have a good handgun mount they use in their truck?

Share links if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s what I did with my XDS. I re used the Velcro straps that came with the pistol and just mount it on the side of my console.

Attachments

• 66E0FD7A-1EF7-454D-863D-4636743490EB.jpeg
    66E0FD7A-1EF7-454D-863D-4636743490EB.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 309

TSheff

Reaction score
I'm just a simple man. These descriptions are great, but you know what they say about pictures.
I carry a Glock22 OWB RH. Just got the truck so I haven't spent time checking best spot yet, really figured some of you had done it so I didn't need to experiment. Obviously want somewhat secure, with quick easy access.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Here's mine under the drivers seat. Just made a "T" out of flatbar, bent it to fit, and bolted a paddle holster to it. There was an existing hole in the seat frame that it's bolted to with a bolt and nylon nut. Secure, and out of sight.

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_204731.jpg
    IMG_20200427_204731.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 276

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
For the magnet, how hard of a bump or what ever would be required to knock if off?
The location makes it a bad spot to drop and a round go off.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For the magnet, how hard of a bump or what ever would be required to knock if off?
The location makes it a bad spot to drop and a round go off.
@Ram1500OwnerMaybe
Very, very, unlikely this would ever happen with any modern handgun, specially in a carpeted vehicle from the height of a few inches.
Even on a ****ed and locked 1911.

Most ADs / NDs happen by putting a finger on the trigger and going boom.

Roguerob

Reaction score
I use a LH JM4 leather holster for my G21 and clip it in the map pocket by my right knee. I can quickly take the whole rig out and tuck it in the small of my back if I need to carry it around.
Here's the link for the holsters

TSheff

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I ordered a soft IWB that could clip to the Map Pocket as some suggested. I'll use it for now.
I also oredered a set of Magnets, I'm going to mount 1 in my Jeep and see how I like it. If it works well. I'll mount the other on the Map Pocket ot the RAM.
I'm in TX so not afraid LEO will see it and don't make a habit of travelling to lesser states (those that don't recognize a Citizens RIGHT to bear ARMS).

Smerberj

Reaction score
I really need to get one of these safes, my Glock 17 sitting in my center console isn't doing it for me.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Would love to see a safe option to put in the floor storage area under the center bench seat for those of us with the bench seat.

Reverse

Reaction score
Would love to see a safe option to put in the floor storage area under the center bench seat for those of us with the bench seat.

I have one one in my 4th gen from consolevault, works great. Don't see one for 5th gen on their site, but 4th gen might fit?

1591443685423.png

RumRam

Reaction score
I have one one in my 4th gen from consolevault, works great. Don't see one for 5th gen on their site, but 4th gen might fit?

View attachment 58249
I just purchased one from Consolevault for my Gen 5 Ram. There are 3 options: key lock, 3 combo or 4 combo lock. This is my second one bought from them. Still have safe that I had for my 2018 ram 1500 that I traded if anyone is interested! :)

TNSmokee

Reaction score

Didyoma

Reaction score
I had this holster made for me with a RAM mount attached to it and then bought the rest of the RAM mounts I needed to run the seat bolt through it and attached everything. this was in my 17, but I am planning to add it to my 19 shortly
How did this work out in your 19?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a post earlier where a person asked about the gun falling off the magnet and firing. This is concerning to me that people either think this CAN happen, or they carry a gun capable of discharging from a slight fall. This should not happen, EVER. If your gun is that unsafe, I would consider looking into a different option.

Me thinks the movies have given people ideas that guns are this sensitive and can fire just by looking at them.

Users who are viewing this thread