5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got light bars/pods/etc?

Kazoo

Reaction score
The housing is different

Same light then, just a different housing... I wonder if the Baja Designs Fog Light setup will work with my Laramie..

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird, according to Mopar Site, the lights are the same Part # and fitment shows, Big Horn, Laramie, Rebel, TRX, and Tradesmen...
Hmm might just be a different bezel then? It would make sense to save cost. Your housing doesn't look the same as a rebels

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to determine whether that kit will fit in a Laramie..
Maybe a quick phone call or email to baja designs will help. I was trying to look up any non rebels with the baja kit but had no luck. I don't think it will be compatible simply because they don't advertise it for non rebel trucks. They would be making more money if it was universal for 5th gen rams in general so I'm sure they would clearly state so in their info.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Maybe a quick phone call or email to baja designs will help. I was trying to look up any non rebels with the baja kit but had no luck. I don't think it will be compatible simply because they don't advertise it for non rebel trucks. They would be making more money if it was universal for 5th gen rams in general so I'm sure they would clearly state so in their info.

I did, they haven't done one yet.... I'm working with a local Baja Dealer in Long Island for fitment.....

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did, they haven't done one yet.... I'm working with a local Baja Dealer in Long Island for fitment.....
I was also on their website and didn't see them mentioning their light as street/dot legal. If you never use your oem fogs while driving I guess you're fine but I always used to use them when I had fogs. I actually miss the extra brightness

Kazoo

Reaction score
I was also on their website and didn't see them mentioning their light as street/dot legal. If you never use your oem fogs while driving I guess you're fine but I always used to use them when I had fogs. I actually miss the extra brightness

Not to worried about DOT/SAE etc... ;) I live upstate, I like light..... LOL

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to worried about DOT/SAE etc... ;) I live upstate, I like light..... LOL
i live in upstate ny and i drive with them.i guess they are lower than the other lights on the truck.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2020-08-23-14h14m32s074_InPixio.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-23-14h14m32s074_InPixio.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 124

WasatchBack

Reaction score
i live in upstate ny and i drive with them.i guess they are lower than the other lights on the truck.
Details on the Baja Designs install in tow hook cover location please. Been planning to do that.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Outstanding! Which 20” bar are you using here, and what’s your experience?

I’m contemplating fabbing a 40” bar behind the lower grill mesh, but it sure would be a lot easier to go with the RC 20” bar mounts.

Have you had any experience with those fog pods in a dense fog? I drove in a dense fog the other night and my visibility with factory lights was concerning. Curious how the yellow helps in these conditions.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outstanding! Which 20” bar are you using here, and what’s your experience?

I’m contemplating fabbing a 40” bar behind the lower grill mesh, but it sure would be a lot easier to go with the RC 20” bar mounts.

Have you had any experience with those fog pods in a dense fog? I drove in a dense fog the other night and my visibility with factory lights was concerning. Curious how the yellow helps in these conditions.
tell you one thing about all these lights.it really help others to see you, and they make the truck look as cool as hell. all this is "IMHO"!!

Users who are viewing this thread