5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Grill Replacement

lukeadair

Reaction score
I never really loved my chrome grill, so I finally but the bullet and bought a replacement body match one today and got it installed. Who in the hell designs some of this stuff? That bolt in the wheel well to take off the front corner panel was not my friend today!

I also took the headlights off while I was doing it and replaced the halogen bulbs with Sealight X2 LEDs. We put these on my wife’s Sequoia about 2 years ago and have been real happy with them. Hope to have the same results on the RAM.

Meanwhile, I now have a grill for sale. IMG_5961.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg
IMG_5832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukeadair

Reaction score
Nice job!

Appreciate it man! Hoping my prep/paint job on that upper chrome appliqué holds up. If not, I’ll order the paintable one and get it professionally done.

lukeadair

Reaction score
I never really loved my chrome grill, so I finally but the bullet and bought a replacement body match one today and got it installed. Who in the hell designs some of this stuff? That bolt in the wheel well to take off the front corner panel was not my friend today!

I also took the headlights off while I was doing it and replaced the halogen bulbs with Sealight X2 LEDs. We put these on my wife’s Sequoia about 2 years ago and have been real happy with them. Hope to have the same results on the RAM.

Meanwhile, I now have a grill for sale. View attachment 76894
View attachment 76895
View attachment 76896

Update for anyone on the headlights. Brights work fine, beam pattern isn’t the greatest, but better than stock halogens.

The low beams on the other hand, cycle on/off between driver and passenger side about 5 times for each side and then just stay off. No ideal. Looks like I’ll be tossing the halogens back in there unfortunately. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread