5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Well that should definitely be an extra $1K, and not “already included” in the quote they had given before you even knew about it. The coupon even says “it’s a private offer not available to the general public and can be combined with most incentives.”

From reading the disclaimers that’s the impression I got. I received that email on the 16th and I believe I sent an email to this salesman the same day, and got a response yesterday the 17th. Due to my job my phone has to be off most of the time but I just happened to turn it on and check my mail, he has confirmed the 1000 is already included in the $43,343 price. Kind of a bummer if you ask me

jastevenson

Reaction score
How did you get the discount offer? Was it through the dealership, or via a request from the Ram website?
Thanks!

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Just received a $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance coupon through email from Ram. Just curious exactly how these work and other's experience with them. Is this able to be stacked along with current incentives? Has anyone had any issues redeeming this as part of their purchase?

How often does Ram send these out? Reading through the fine print, it looks like I can use up until Nov. 3rd, but not sure if I would purchase by then. Don't want to miss out on the extra cash but if the timing isn't right, as it relates to national incentives and the discount dealer's are offering, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of this.
I received this too, without ever registering intentionally. They get info from dealers that I talked to.

The dealers call them TDM (targeted direct mailers). They're stackable with some rebates, but not all. For example, I couldn't use my TDM and the truck owner conquest rebate at the same time. Each rebate was 1000, so it didn't matter which one I used. That said, the TDM rebate stacked up along with many others when I bought my truck (Big Horn BTS) on 9/5/2020. I was over 20% under MSRP... Including all fees and TTL (no sales tax in MT).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

baccigalup

Reaction score
Too many catches and gotchas. I'd be happy with 10k off. I'm pricing a laramie thats a 69500 build and I'm getting prices of 62k.before taxes. ... best dealer discount so far was around 6k. I'm getting impatient. I want to order soon. I dont think I'm gonna find my config on the lots.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Too many catches and gotchas. I'd be happy with 10k off. I'm pricing a laramie thats a 69500 build and I'm getting prices of 62k.before taxes. ... best dealer discount so far was around 6k. I'm getting impatient. I want to order soon. I dont think I'm gonna find my config on the lots.

I'm with you on this. Obviously people want the best deal but thinking you are somehow getting screwed because you only saved 10% is ridiculous.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, currently looking into my options of trading in the Bighorn and up into a Laramie. The MSRP of the truck I want is $58,750. What could I realistically expect to get this truck down to? I was thinking somewhere in the range of 48-49k.

Heres the link to the window sticker: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/wind...35.1439439995.1600448743-103651461.1598722717
Depends on rebates you qualify for. I would want 10% off MSRP dealer discount, minimum. You could get 12 to 14% probably if you shopped aggressive and were willing to travel.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends on rebates you qualify for. I would want 10% off MSRP dealer discount, minimum. You could get 12 to 14% probably if you shopped aggressive and were willing to travel.
Willing to travel is the key phrase.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Laramie sport cc 4x4

MSRP $60,280
Before TTL down to 50,500

Thought that was pretty good considering the low inventory most dealer had around the end of August and had a even harder time finding what I wanted. Got everything I wanted except the 33 gal tank which wasn’t a deal breaker. I went looking for a Big Horn or offering one and ended up spotting this gen glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reidcc

Reaction score
I just posted some of my deal in the Intro area-
2020 Big Horn Sport Quad in White
20 inch Chrome wheels/tires
Level 2 Opt package
5.7 non e-torque
fender liners
Sunroof
Alpine
12 Inch display for total of 52850
-5K rebates
-4351 Dealer discount
-21500 Trade(2016 Colorado Z71 Ext Cab w/54K)

22K plus trade.
I had hoped to take advantage of the Conquest GM $2k rebate for trading any GM, but it had expired.

Chris

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not partial to any dealer in my area. I sent about 30 emails out last night about my trade in, what I wanted and requested info on trucks that met the criteria. So far I’ve been offered 36k for my bighorn on trade, I’ll be looking to push that to 38-40 if I sell it with the aftermarket wheels. I’ll have to see what they come back with for the new truck price but I told them I want it around 48.

baccigalup

Reaction score
I just realized my former employer was an affiliate and as a retiree I qualify for affiliate program.....got my code and will start visiting dealers soon......hopefully I will do better than what I have been getting.....how much are you guys saving on average with the affiliate program before rebates are applied.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just realized my former employer was an affiliate and as a retiree I qualify for affiliate program.....got my code and will start visiting dealers soon......hopefully I will do better than what I have been getting.....how much are you guys saving on average with the affiliate program before rebates are applied.

Typically the affiliate programs are 1% under invoice. Then you’ll get any applicable rebates on top of that. If you’re using a code, dealers typically won’t discount any more than the 1% under invoice.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger today. I inquired about a truck at this dealer on Monday and it sold that same day, but they had a similar one on the lot. They sent me some pricing and it was significantly better than that I'd received from anyone else I'd talked numbers with. However, they mistakenly included a $1K Conquest rebate that I didn't qualify for. When I questioned this they said it was a mistake and the price would be $1K higher. I told them that I was probably just going to order a 2021 but if they would match their original OTD price with the rebate error, I would consider it. They came back and said they had two Ram coupons that they would use to get me to that price. Told them I would sleep on it and get back to them the next morning. Truck is 95% of what I would order at a price I was happy with so I decided to go with it. Dealer is 3+ hours away so I told them I wanted to do as much electronically as possible to minimize my time at the dealership. Most everything was done via text, email, phone and all I had to do was look the truck over and sign a few papers when I got there, then turn and burn back home.

2020 Big Horn 4x4 Crew, Short Bed, Flame Red, Night Edition, eTorque 5.7, 3.92, 26 gallon tank, Trailer Brake Control

MSRP - $51165
Dealer Discount - $3224 (6.3%)
Rebates - $8500 (16.6% - $2K National Retail, $1K National Retail, $1K Power Days, $1K V8, $500 CCap, $1K Mid-Atlantic CCap, $500 Mid-Atlantic Loyalty Owner, $500 TrueCar, $1K Dealer Coupons)
Total - $39400 +$599 Doc fee (I know) + TTL = $41866.28 OTD
CCap Financing - 72 months at 4.29%, will be refinancing

Best deal ever? No. Could I have tried to beat them up on the dealer discount or Doc fee a little more? Probably so, but I kind of rationalized it by thinking of the dealer coupons as part of the dealer discount in this deal. I didn't ask to see it on this truck, but when I priced a build with Craig the invoice on a similar equipped truck was 5.8% and hold back another 3%. Realistically, I'm not sure how likely it is they would give up all of their hold back, especially if there's any truth to them not getting volume kickbacks from FCA. I wanted to be under $40K before tax and I got there on a truck I'm super excited about. With the info in this thread I knew I wasn't getting ripped off and I haven't really seen any better Big Horn deals than 22-23% in my region during this post shutdown Covid period, so I feel good about it. Now I'm going to enjoy my truck and probably not visit this thread very often, because I don't want to see all of the better deals posted.

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger today. I inquired about a truck at this dealer on Monday and it sold that same day, but they had a similar one on the lot. They sent me some pricing and it was significantly better than that I'd received from anyone else I'd talked numbers with. However, they mistakenly included a $1K Conquest rebate that I didn't qualify for. When I questioned this they said it was a mistake and the price would be $1K higher. I told them that I was probably just going to order a 2021 but if they would match their original OTD price with the rebate error, I would consider it. They came back and said they had two Ram coupons that they would use to get me to that price. Told them I would sleep on it and get back to them the next morning. Truck is 95% of what I would order at a price I was happy with so I decided to go with it. Dealer is 3+ hours away so I told them I wanted to do as much electronically as possible to minimize my time at the dealership. Most everything was done via text, email, phone and all I had to do was look the truck over and sign a few papers when I got there, then turn and burn back home.

2020 Big Horn 4x4 Crew, Short Bed, Flame Red, Night Edition, eTorque 5.7, 3.92, 26 gallon tank, Trailer Brake Control

MSRP - $51165
Dealer Discount - $3224 (6.3%)
Rebates - $8500 (16.6% - $2K National Retail, $1K National Retail, $1K Power Days, $1K V8, $500 CCap, $1K Mid-Atlantic CCap, $500 Mid-Atlantic Loyalty Owner, $500 TrueCar, $1K Dealer Coupons)
Total - $39400 +$599 Doc fee (I know) + TTL = $41866.28 OTD
CCap Financing - 72 months at 4.29%, will be refinancing

Best deal ever? No. Could I have tried to beat them up on the dealer discount or Doc fee a little more? Probably so, but I kind of rationalized it by thinking of the dealer coupons as part of the dealer discount in this deal. I didn't ask to see it on this truck, but when I priced a build with Craig the invoice on a similar equipped truck was 5.8% and hold back another 3%. Realistically, I'm not sure how likely it is they would give up all of their hold back, especially if there's any truth to them not getting volume kickbacks from FCA. I wanted to be under $40K before tax and I got there on a truck I'm super excited about. With the info in this thread I knew I wasn't getting ripped off and I haven't really seen any better Big Horn deals than 22-23% in my region during this post shutdown Covid period, so I feel good about it. Now I'm going to enjoy my truck and probably not visit this thread very often, because I don't want to see all of the better deals posted.
I’d say that’s a pretty good deal! At least it seems a lot better than the deal I’m being offered but then again your taxes are less than my lovely state. Doing everything electronically is the smart way to go, I’d be trying to do that too since the dealer that I am in communication with is 3hrs from me as well. What matters is that you’re happy with the truck and the deal you got. Congrats and enjoy it!

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
I’d say that’s a pretty good deal! At least it seems a lot better than the deal I’m being offered but then again your taxes are less than my lovely state. Doing everything electronically is the smart way to go, I’d be trying to do that too since the dealer that I am in communication with is 3hrs from me as well. What matters is that you’re happy with the truck and the deal you got. Congrats and enjoy it!
Thanks. Yeah I don’t envy you on the taxes for sure. Reading your posts I agree that the $1K email offer you got should be on top of their offer. How would they know you had it before you mentioned it? Would dealers maybe have access to see who they were sent to? If not, sounds like they’re being a little shady. If they didn’t provide it already, ask them to break down the dealer discount and specific rebates, then check it on the Ram website to make sure they’re not missing anything.
I found dealers that wouldn’t do this and dealers that padded the incentives with stuff I didn’t qualify for. If they won’t be transparent and show you specifics, they’re probably trying to hide something.

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I don’t envy you on the taxes for sure. Reading your posts I agree that the $1K email offer you got should be on top of their offer. How would they know you had it before you mentioned it? Would dealers maybe have access to see who they were sent to? If not, sounds like they’re being a little shady. If they didn’t provide it already, ask them to break down the dealer discount and specific rebates, then check it on the Ram website to make sure they’re not missing anything.
I found dealers that wouldn’t do this and dealers that padded the incentives with stuff I didn’t qualify for. If they won’t be transparent and show you specifics, they’re probably trying to hide something.
I will be contacting the salesman today to get a full breakdown of what rebates are within that price but I know I qualify for all of the general incentives so ~5500-6000 at least from what i can find, Edmunds has a whole list but I don’t qualify for any conquests since I don’t own another vehicle. Last month when I spoke with this dealer they did break down the price a bit and when I asked them to add the $500 trucar incentive they told me they couldn’t find my account and that I’d have to prove I have an account when I go there...in my head I though that was shady. If drive 3 hours to do anything I want all the work done before I get there just like you I’d pick it up and road trip home.
The other weird thing is my taxes don’t add up, they are quoting me at 4,344.60 In just taxes not including tags. Taxes in Suffolk county NY are 8.625% so on a price of $43,343 taxes should only be 3,738 and change so I’m not sure where the extra 606 comes from I’ll have to ask that as well. I’ll post an update later on when I get in contact with sales.

Side note how do you like the etorque so far?

Jgon371

Reaction score
I got a new 2020 1500 limited, with 5.7 hemi (no etorque), advanced safety group, bumper color, 22 rims... price was $60940... got it last week for $42,900. It was the floor demo, then the managers, it had 2100 miles... trade in a 2015 murano platinum, and got 17k all equity, got free weather tech mats, and extended bumper to bumper warranty for $2000 ($100 ded, and 120k miles). Dealerships added 500 for tint and nitrogen (which the vehicle had installed already and the dealer did not waived the fee and i did not wanted to be pushy). Out the door with all financed 29k and change. I had to drive 6 hours each way from south Texas to north east Texas to get the deal. Same options and model where I live cheapest was 51k.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary Edition yesterday. I wanted to start at invoice and then add in the incentives, but I am not a great negotiator, so they offered 6.5% off MSRP plus $2,000 in incentives ($1,000 Ram Cash and $1,000 USAA Bonus). The only other bummer was that my trade-in was $1,000 less than I had hoped, so I was about $3,000 over what I had hoped to get. Total discount off MSRP is 9% ($71,795 MSRP; $65,198.5 cash price), but I am still happy because the truck is far nicer than I had imagined and is worth every penny I am paying. Passenger Side View.jpg

Brian7

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I haven't been on here in a while. I read back like 10 pages to catch up. Like many of you, I have been checking the web several times per week hoping to find a deal on a Laramie or Limited for months now. I see that some 2021s have come out and I thought this would cause steep discounts on the 2020s (not yet). I found one using Autotrader that was in my area for $62K and discounted to $51K. I reached out to the dealer and it seems that it was gone by the time they got back to me. Anyway, I have attached a price quote from a dealer 3 hours away. I told them to stick it on the "Airport value package" (tinting, wheel locks, door protection, pay my deductible for first accident???), and the ridiculous high dealer fee. They didn't get back to me. Still really frustrated. Please take a look at the quote and give me opinions on what people would accept. I have been sharing cars with my wife and daughter since June waiting this out:(
Thanks,
-B

Attachments

• quote (1).pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread