5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What color is your Rebel?

Exterior color?

• Total voters

HydroRebel

Reaction score
You’re not alone - I picked up a Hydro Blue Rebel on Tuesday - love the color!

Nice, congratulations. I took mine home on July 30 and have been lurking here in the shadows until the honeymoon period was over. I've been eyeing the Rebel ever since it was introduced and the Hydro Blue color was what finally made me pull the trigger.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Never thought I would own a black vehicle. But Diamond Black Crystal was my favorite of the limited options available on the Rebel. I've done a lot of detailing both personally and some professionally so I knew what I was getting in to. Although it's a lot of work, I have enjoyed owning a black vehicle more than I thought I would. There's a lot of instant gratification when caring for black paint using my arsenal of detailing products. You can really see the difference in the products and techniques you're using when applied to black paint.

What's your favorite exterior coating....as in ceramic that you can do yourself?

I share the love with the black and while I don’t detail for a living I’ve washed enough vehicles over the decades to know black is the hardest to keep clean. But oh man, there is no better looking color when there’s no dirt on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
What's your favorite exterior coating....as in ceramic that you can do yourself?

I share the love with the black and while I don’t detail for a living I’ve washed enough vehicles over the decades to know black is the hardest to keep clean. But oh man, there is no better looking color when there’s no dirt on it!

I used Gyeon ONE. Gyeon makes high quality products; they have a great reputation in the ceramic coating and detailing world. Gyeon ONE is formulated to be forgiving for people who have never applied a ceramic coating before. This was the first time I did a ceramic coating, so I chose ONE. Here is my description of the entire process in the Detailing section: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/gyeon-one-ceramic-coating.20838/#post-292903

Rew@Rebel20

Reaction score
Diamond Black Crystal

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200906175313457_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200906175313457_COVER.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200811185540152_COVER - Copy.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200811185540152_COVER - Copy.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 34

outdoorco75

Reaction score
e0a79ed51e2904c52cd68e7cbb4abf5e.jpg

424778aa39f4e058403f41be6346e4ab.jpg

Billet Silver two tone Midnight edition (I think that’s what they call it). Was going to go black but this one checked all the boxes and was on the lot.

arptsprt

Reaction score
Dang, that looks nice. I was on the fence with MS or Granite at the dealership. Exact same truck option wise. Ended up with Granite. All the pics and the day I bought the truck at the dealership the MS seemed more black with the overcast sky. Love the way yours looks in the light. That said, I’m happy with Granite.

I would've definitely gone with Hydro blue if it would've been available in 2019! I love my Max Steel but that Hydro Blue looks pretty special.

And adding a pic of Max Steel with full sun

View attachment 69125

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, that looks nice. I was on the fence with MS or Granite at the dealership. Exact same truck option wise. Ended up with Granite. All the pics and the day I bought the truck at the dealership the MS seemed more black with the overcast sky. Love the way yours looks in the light. That said, I’m happy with Granite.

Thanks! Funny you mention that. I was actually about to drive out of state to purchase a granite Rebel but found this one locally.

Users who are viewing this thread