5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Control Arm Boot

Folivo76

Reaction score
So following a YouTube video on installing a Motofab 2.5” level I used a “pickle fork” to try to separate the UCA and sure enough I ripped the boot up. Does anyone know of a good replacement boot? Thanks in advance.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
So following a YouTube video on installing a Motofab 2.5” level I used a “pickle fork” to try to separate the UCA and sure enough I ripped the boot up. Does anyone know of a good replacement boot? Thanks in advance.
I just did too. And broke the GD pickle fork trying to separate it unsuccessfully! Frustrated!

Scjon03

Reaction score
Yup same here, boot all sorts of screwed up. I ordered a new upper control arm and debating on just it leave it alone. Still having been able to pop the UCA from the knuckle, prob try to use a puller.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Yup same here, boot all sorts of screwed up. I ordered a new upper control arm and debating on just it leave it alone. Still having been able to pop the UCA from the knuckle, prob try to use a puller.

Looking for just the boot replacement. Anyone have a clue to the dimensions? The dealer couldn't help but suggested the aftermarket. The parts guy was cool enough knowing what I was trying. I'd rather not spend $200+ on a new control arm. There are a ton of aftermarket boots out there. I'm going to a friends house with a pnuematic ball joint seperator with multiple fork sizes the next time I attempt this and have spare boots on hand just in case.

Tonycardoso

Reaction score
Hello guys, This past weekend i undertook the task of installing a 2" leveling kit myself. Unfortunately like you guys and i bet everybody else attempting this with a pickle fork i tore both front upper control arm ball joint boots. I ordered a pair of replacement boots from amazon, when they arrive if they fit i will report.

Scjon03

Reaction score
I ordered a used UCA from ebay, costed 34 bucks. So hopefully later I can change it out and mark the bolts or whatever so I dont need to get a alignment. See how this goes....

Scjon03

Reaction score
Update... so I just removed my UCA using a puller from Amazon. The UCA has no adjustments and it’s just a direct bolt on. Easy. Took like 30 mins to do. Dealer/ other shops quoted me 500 bucks to change it and that’s without a wheel alignment. Lol. So now prob re order the Motofab spacers again and try it again. Of course then need a wheel alignment after.

Pictures are of bolt arms, the new one installed. And a before and after of my damage to the old arm boot.

Attachments

• 24DBACEF-F723-422B-92C7-02DC753D08DE.jpeg
    24DBACEF-F723-422B-92C7-02DC753D08DE.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 65987E2B-D2EF-4D97-A25C-E4B5F782C8D5.jpeg
    65987E2B-D2EF-4D97-A25C-E4B5F782C8D5.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 8981F478-C486-46BE-86F5-B3CA06E5DCC2.jpeg
    8981F478-C486-46BE-86F5-B3CA06E5DCC2.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 204

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Hello guys, This past weekend i undertook the task of installing a 2" leveling kit myself. Unfortunately like you guys and i bet everybody else attempting this with a pickle fork i tore both front upper control arm ball joint boots. I ordered a pair of replacement boots from amazon, when they arrive if they fit i will report.
E6C0646F-88CA-4064-A4DB-CC2648C30BAC.jpeg

KRField

Reaction score
To separate the ball joint get a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer and whack the the knuckle part that’s around the ball joint. Be sure to leave the nut on the bottom of the stud. If that doesn’t work, with the nut threaded on the stud with the stud slightly recessed in the nut whack the head of the nut. It should be jarred loose without damaging anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey95

Reaction score
Did this end up working? If so, what part did you order?

B-Mitch

Reaction score
The uca's from the mopar leveling kit are dirt cheap... I used these in my install a couple days ago. I didn't end up ripping the stock boots (just hit the knuckle with a mallet), but it was nice not having to worry about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-085519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-085519_Gallery.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 89

Kf0317

Reaction score
Update... so I just removed my UCA using a puller from Amazon. The UCA has no adjustments and it’s just a direct bolt on. Easy. Took like 30 mins to do. Dealer/ other shops quoted me 500 bucks to change it and that’s without a wheel alignment. Lol. So now prob re order the Motofab spacers again and try it again. Of course then need a wheel alignment after.

Pictures are of bolt arms, the new one installed. And a before and after of my damage to the old arm boot.
What puller did you get from Amazon to remove the UCA?
Thanks

Kf0317

Reaction score
Did the boots fit ? If so can you post a link?
Thanks

bigawplano

Reaction score
Were you able to replace the UCA boot without replacing the whole UCA? I too damaged the boot installing a leveling kit on my 2019 Ram 1500

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
Did you ever get a boot replacement? Which ones did you order?

Andrew1997

Reaction score
EC949D7C-DD54-438B-B54A-87628F34EC4F.jpeg hey guys! So I actually bent in a corner of my UCA trying to get it to break loose with a hammer. Not sure if I should get it replaced. This sucks!

Jeeper

Reaction score
View attachment 87298 hey guys! So I actually bent in a corner of my UCA trying to get it to break loose with a hammer. Not sure if I should get it replaced. This sucks!
that won't hurt anything..are you using a dead blow hammer? Did you get it to break free?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online