5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Based on that NADA website, looks like it’s still Uconnect 4 on the 2021s. :(
I wouldn't put too much stock in that just yet. NADA website options aren't finalized, they're missing quite a few things and I'm guessing the Uconnect 4 is just a carryover from the prior year- a placeholder of sorts.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but I don't understand why people are holding out hope for UConnect 5 in 2021. Yes, I understand there's the new tech in the 2021s (Heads-up Display, etc.), but that doesn't mean we're getting the updated UConnect platform. I really believe that we would have heard something by now if it was coming to the Ram lineup for 2021. My bet is for 2022.

@Jared B @redriderbob are you able to shed any light on this? Have you heard anything through your sources?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but I don't understand why people are holding out hope for UConnect 5 in 2021. Yes, I understand there's the new tech in the 2021s (Heads-up Display, etc.), but that doesn't mean we're getting the updated UConnect platform. I really believe that we would have heard something by now if it was coming to the Ram lineup for 2021. My bet is for 2022.

@Jared B @redriderbob are you able to shed any light on this? Have you heard anything through your sources?

Well nobody knew anything about the HUD so they kept that quiet and that's surprising. I think we'll see Uconnect 5 in the 2021s but like you have no definitive source confirming it...just my opinion.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Well August rebates here in TX stayed the same for Limited, Longhorn and Rebels. Laramie went UP by $1000 and Lonestars went DOWN by $500. As expected...meh. GM stayed at $6,000 and Ford stayed at 0/72.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well nobody knew anything about the HUD so they kept that quiet and that's surprising. I think we'll see Uconnect 5 in the 2021s but like you have no definitive source confirming it...just my opinion.

And technically they (Ram) have still kept quiet about it, because they haven't technically officially released the information. The only reason we know about that and the other new options/packages is because the order banks opened up for 2021 and dealers shed light on it a few weeks back.

As I said, I'll be the first to admit it if I'm wrong, but we already know the 2021 Durango and the Pacifica will be getting it. Those announcements have been made well in advance. If the Ram (and probably only the 1500) were to get it in 2021, I feel there would have been some news about it.

Tonner

Reaction score
And technically they (Ram) have still kept quiet about it, because they haven't technically officially released the information. The only reason we know about that and the other new options/packages is because the order banks opened up for 2021 and dealers shed light on it a few weeks back.

As I said, I'll be the first to admit it if I'm wrong, but we already know the 2021 Durango and the Pacifica will be getting it. Those announcements have been made well in advance. If the Ram (and probably only the 1500) were to get it in 2021, I feel there would have been some news about it.
I don’t know. When they announced the UConnect 5 the only 2 vehicles they mentioned were the Pacifica and the Ram 1500. Now we know the 2021s have the new HUD and rearview mirror tech. The 2022 Grand Cherokee is coming with the UConnect 5 and an all new heads up display. The UConnect 4 and 5 are not running the same OS. 5 running off of Android. 1. Does the old UConnect 4 have the specs to handle it all? UConnect 5 coming with a new CPU and 6gb of ram certainly can handle it....and 2. Being as they are 2 different OS’s. Why would FCA code it twice when if the Pacifica and Durango are getting it this year it’s clearly ready? 3. Fords new F-150 screen may push them to it. 4. Do we really think the TRX is going to come with the UConnect 4?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I don’t know. When they announced the UConnect 5 the only 2 vehicles they mentioned were the Pacifica and the Ram 1500. Now we know the 2021s have the new HUD and rearview mirror tech. The 2022 Grand Cherokee is coming with the UConnect 5 and an all new heads up display. The UConnect 4 and 5 are not running the same OS. 5 running off of Android. 1. Does the old UConnect 4 have the specs to handle it all? UConnect 5 coming with a new CPU and 6gb of ram certainly can handle it....and 2. Being as they are 2 different OS’s. Why would FCA code it twice when if the Pacifica and Durango are getting it this year it’s clearly ready? 3. Fords new F-150 screen may push them to it. 4. Do we really think the TRX is going to come with the UConnect 4?

Great points and furthers why I think we'll see Uconnect 5 in the 2021 Ram but it might not be until next month when it's finally confirmed.

Kaszanka

Reaction score
new owner from CA here. We bought our 1500 Bighorn on Jul 1st. Our must have were:
- 4x4
- tow package with brake controller
- 6 seats - front bench
- crew cab

First we went on a trip to Carson City just across the stateline from us. plan was to visit 3 dealerships - Ford, Chevy, Dodge.

First was MICHAEL HOHL Chevrolet, knowing that my good friend bought a 2020 Z71 Silverado just before winter for $45000 out the door I went there with similar offer. Yet because of the pandemic two things happen - high demand as folks got Trumps checks and additional $600 unemployment from Feds, and low supply as factories were on hold. Dealership had ONE Silverado 1500 z71 in stock and bunch of work trucks. We talked a little and i believe my offer could be worked on in a 46-47k range all included.. (msrp was 51k)
We moved on to Capital Ford Carson City. there was few fords that fit our wishlist, 2020 f-150 FX4 with 2.7 turbo was the one we looked at. 52k msrp. I got to say though - 2020 fords look very outdated inside compared to silverados and ram's... and i wasnt ever sold on 2.7 turbo. After talking to dealer for like 40 minutes we got a great offer of $52k out the door - very disappointing i have to say... we almost laughed leaving that place. there was nothing to talk about any further - price was kaka and f150 looked like museum compared to silverado...
Third stop - Carson Chrysler Jeep Dodge. We went straight to our wishlist and were shown a very nice dark blue Bighorn 5.7l, short bed, msrp $48.5k. It was quick and painless - we got a offer of 44k out the door, our counter offer was 43k - dealer said no and took our phone number.... yet never called back lol :D

I thought they will take it to be honest... hahaha

well lets move on, following day we are driving west - to Lasher auto in Elk Grove. According to their add they have Bighorns at $36k... I was sceptic... expecting big fight. Surprise.. surprise... guy at the lot took notes of what we look for.. 400 RAM's in stock. 40 minute later we got two offers in writing:
2020 Bighorn - black 5.7l eT at $40.5k out the door (48.5k msrp)
2019 Laramie - silver 3.0 turbo diesel at $41 out the door (51k msrp)

2 hours later I was driving home in my black 5.7l.... $15k down $25.5k financing, and no negotiations involved.. to be honest - I like it. i expect more dealerships to be open like that. what you see is what you get, take it or leave it, and no ******** of trying to push upholstery warranty for $800 or other fine print BS...

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
new owner from CA here. We bought our 1500 Bighorn on Jul 1st. Our must have were:
- 4x4
- 6 seats - front bench
- crew cab

First we went on a trip to Carson City just across the stateline from us. plan was to visit 3 dealerships - Ford, Chevy, Dodge.

First was MICHAEL HOHL Chevrolet, knowing that my good friend bought a 2020 Z71 Silverado just before winter for $45000 out the door I went there with similar offer. Yet because of the pandemic two things happen - high demand as folks got Trumps checks and additional $600 unemployment from Feds, and low supply as factories were on hold. Dealership had ONE Silverado 1500 z71 in stock and bunch of work trucks. We talked a little and i believe my offer could be worked on in a 46-47k range all included.. (msrp was 51k)
We moved on to Capital Ford Carson City. there was few fords that fit our wishlist, 2020 f-150 FX4 with 2.7 turbo was the one we looked at. 52k msrp. I got to say though - 2020 fords look very outdated inside compared to silverados and ram's... and i wasnt ever sold on 2.7 turbo. After talking to dealer for like 40 minutes we got a great offer of $52k out the door - very disappointing i have to say... we almost laughed leaving that place. there was nothing to talk about any further - price was kaka and f150 looked like museum compared to silverado...
Third stop - Carson Chrysler Jeep Dodge. We went straight to our wishlist and were shown a very nice dark blue Bighorn 5.7l, short bed, msrp $48.5k. It was quick and painless - we got a offer of 44k out the door, our counter offer was 43k - dealer said no and took our phone number.... yet never called back lol :D

well lets move on, following day we are driving west - to Lasher auto in Elk Grove. According to their add they have Bighorns at $36k... I was sceptic... expecting big fight. Surprise.. surprise... guy at the lot took notes of what we look for.. 400 RAM's in stock. 40 minute later we got two offers in writing:

2 hours later I was driving home in my black 5.7l.... $15k down $25.5k financing, and no negotiations involved.. to be honest - I like it. i expect more dealerships to be open like that. what you see is what you get, take it or leave it, and no ******** of trying to push upholstery warranty for $800 or other fine print BS...
Thats awesome. So do you think that jist general inventory was an issue for those other dealers that refused to negotiate?

I'm in the Philly area...and some of the bigger higher volume dealers do have deals, but just had some bad service issues...so im hesitant. I have success with smaller dealers, but less inventory.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kaszanka

Reaction score
Thats awesome. So do you think that jist general inventory was an issue for those other dealers that refused to negotiate?

I'm in the Philly area...and some of the bigger higher volume dealers do have deals, but just had some bad service issues...so im hesitant. I have success with smaller dealers, but less inventory.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

it looked like smaller dealerships had very limited stock and they didnt feel like negotiating - especially in NV - rural state with hight truck demand.... but huge dealer in Sacramento area had great prices... and got our business. when I asked them how is it that they have so many trucks to choose from while other dealerships had 5-15 trucks in the lot - they told me that their inventory at 400 trucks is also very low - usually they have 700-1000 :O lol

jastevenson

Reaction score
Did you have any issues getting the vehicle to Nevada?

I heard CA makes you pay CA tax unless you have the truck shipped across the Nevada border.

it looked like smaller dealerships had very limited stock and they didnt feel like negotiating - especially in NV - rural state with hight truck demand.... but huge dealer in Sacramento area had great prices... and got our business. when I asked them how is it that they have so many trucks to choose from while other dealerships had 5-15 trucks in the lot - they told me that their inventory at 400 trucks is also very low - usually they have 700-1000 :O lol

Bags

Reaction score
Thoughts on this deal? I know it’s a 2500
MSRP 80450 2020 2500 longhorn
SP 71100
Rebates/“Coupons” 3000 (I only qualify for the 750 and 1k penfed)
Allowing 48500 for my 2019 1500 longhorn trade that’s has 16.7k miles and is loaded just no ram boxes. It had a msrp of ~69.5 and I owe 35 on it.
1800 down and OTD 54972 includes ttl

Kaszanka

Reaction score
Did you have any issues getting the vehicle to Nevada?

I heard CA makes you pay CA tax unless you have the truck shipped across the Nevada border.

I live in CA, but for example when I bought my Subaru in NV - I have to pay CA taxes on it

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
SP 71100
Allowing 48500 for my 2019 1500 longhorn trade that’s has 16.7k miles and is loaded just no ram boxes. It had a msrp of ~69.5 and I owe 35 on it.
This translates to around 9.4% off MSRP, $1,800 down, and $13,500 trade in allowance. What's the current value of your old truck? How much were taxes, title and doc fees?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
- 4x4
- 6 seats - front bench
- crew cab

Outstanding report. What it reminds me is that Ferd is (stupidly) hanging onto their pricing. That‘s what sent me to RAM in the first place a year ago before the big June discounting). I totally skipped over GM as I couldn’t stomach the ft end looks.
Glad that you got what you wanted and at a good price!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
SP 71100
Thats a decent trade in value I would think.

Bags

Reaction score
This translates to around 9.4% off MSRP, $1,800 down, and $13,500 trade in allowance. What's the current value of your old truck? How much were taxes, title and doc fees?
Somewhere around 52-54 retail. Taxes ~1300 and title and doc ~325

BLR87

Reaction score
The Ram Rebel hunt may be over today....not the perfect build but close enough after months of holding out.

2020 Rebel CC 5.7 hemi etorque
Flame red two-tone
Black/red luxury leather
Sunroof
Level 2
Rebel 12
Rambox system
Comfort/Convenience group
TBC
33 gallon fuel

**missing a bedliner and multifunction tailgate unfortunately. Line-x deal for about $350 as soon as I pick it up.

MSRP 62,145
OTD 56,000 including TTL (roughly 52,400 before TTL)

Quick math shows 15.7-15.8% off MSRP. For Texas, this is about as good as it’s getting thus far for me. Everyone wants 1,800-3,000 extra with dealer add-on’s and all sorts of other BS.

Last edited:

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
The Ram Rebel hunt may be over today....not the perfect build but close enough after months of holding out.

2020 Rebel CC 5.7 hemi etorque
Flame red two-tone
Black/red luxury leather
Sunroof
Level 2
Rebel 12
Rambox system
Comfort/Convenience group
TBC
33 gallon fuel

**missing a bedliner and multifunction tailgate unfortunately. Line-x deal for about $350 as soon as I pick it up.

MSRP 62,145
OTD 56,000 including TTL (roughly 52,400 before TTL)

Quick math shows 15.7-15.8% off MSRP. For Texas, this is about as good as it’s getting thus far.
That's a great deal for a Rebel in TX. I've been eyeing a fully loaded one at the Grapevine Ram but they won't budge from $68K plus TTL. What a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread