5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coilovers for a 4in kit???

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone know there’s gonna be coilovers for 4in lifts coming out soon??
I’m looking into getting custom length Fox 2.0 coilovers with remote resi’s and custom tuning & 2.0 smoothie shocks for the rear with custom tuning. It’s about $1500 for everything!

ConnerG

Reaction score
I’m looking into getting custom length Fox 2.0 coilovers with remote resi’s and custom tuning & 2.0 smoothie shocks for the rear with custom tuning. It’s about $1500 for everything!

where are you getting your custom 2.0 coilovers

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
where are you getting your custom 2.0 coilovers
I haven’t ordered them yet but I was looking at accutuneoffroad.com
I just sent them an email to see if my plan would work. I don’t need 2.5” coilovers because I don’t off road hard enough to utilize them. I just want to get rid of the 4” spacer, get a Cadillac plush ride, and be able to gawk at those remote reservoirs sitting in the wheelwell lol

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t ordered them yet but I was looking at accutuneoffroad.com
I just sent them an email to see if my plan would work. I don’t need 2.5” coilovers because I don’t off road hard enough to utilize them. I just want to get rid of the 4” spacer, get a Cadillac plush ride, and be able to gawk at those remote reservoirs sitting in the wheelwell lol

Interested in this too.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I guess my plan won’t work after all. I still don’t really understand why the coilovers can’t be custom made to fit the truck in the factory location, but according to Accutune it won’t work (or they won’t do it, idk). This is the response I got:
- “Well the issue is not necessarily the mounts. As Fox is not just making the mount, the entire shock is custom spec'd. Front the lengths, the fittings, the bolt size on the top hat to the top cap, etc... so there is definitely a whole lot more to it than just taking a top cap from a 1500 Fox shock and bolting it up to a Universal fit shock.”
So I don’t understand why that can’t all be custom ordered? Maybe I’ll reach out to other companies to see what can be done. Or better yet I’ll reach out to Fox directly! I’ll try to post updates when I have them :)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I guess my plan won’t work after all. I still don’t really understand why the coilovers can’t be custom made to fit the truck in the factory location, but according to Accutune it won’t work (or they won’t do it, idk). This is the response I got:
- “Well the issue is not necessarily the mounts. As Fox is not just making the mount, the entire shock is custom spec'd. Front the lengths, the fittings, the bolt size on the top hat to the top cap, etc... so there is definitely a whole lot more to it than just taking a top cap from a 1500 Fox shock and bolting it up to a Universal fit shock.”
So I don’t understand why that can’t all be custom ordered? Maybe I’ll reach out to other companies to see what can be done. Or better yet I’ll reach out to Fox directly! I’ll try to post updates when I have them :)

So king makes them directly, you can buy them from somewhere like filthy motor sports or whomever. You can get them custom length but they are pricey. But then they will be off the shelf king valving, for better or worst.

Icon DOES do this, but last time they said they weren’t taking custom orders yet on these trucks. So not sure if they ever started, doubtful with the corona bs.

Thuren I think is doing Kings too, so he could get them longer too I’m sure.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So king makes them directly, you can buy them from somewhere like filthy motor sports or whomever. You can get them custom length but they are pricey. But then they will be off the shelf king valving, for better or worst.

Icon DOES do this, but last time they said they weren’t taking custom orders yet on these trucks. So not sure if they ever started, doubtful with the corona bs.

Thuren I think is doing Kings too, so he could get them longer too I’m sure.
Yeah I was looking into the Kings on Flithy’s website too. But those are just universal shocks as well so I’d run into the same problem as I would with Fox. King might be willing to completely custom build them whereas Fox might not...idk. But the Kings were about $500 more for the same setup if I remember right, and from what I read I thought the Fox’s were actually a little better made. I haven’t looked into Icon since their valving is digressive, which is better for off road but worse for on road.
Idk, I’m going to keep looking into Fox and King and see if there’s any viable option. I really didn’t want to spend more than $1500 for front and rear. The truck rides great already lol anything more than $1500 and I just don’t see it even being worth it personally.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They make them specifically for rams

Somewhere they have this for 5th gens. These are the oem replacement but for like 350 bucks you can have them done custom length. But if you want them custom valved, you’d have to go through someone else.

Accutune should be able to sell you King since they already exist. But like you said it will be well over 1500 bucks.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Found it

Hmmm you’re right. Those are 2.5s though, which are overkill for my needs. Nonetheless I think I’ll contact them to see what can be done since they seem like true custom shock builders. Really I just need custom length 2.0 coilovers for the front and off the shelf rear shocks since I’m only lifted 1.75” in the rear. For you guys on the 4” lift, have you measured how much actual lift you got? I got 4.75” lift up front (not including tires)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm you’re right. Those are 2.5s though, which are overkill for my needs. Nonetheless I think I’ll contact them to see what can be done since they seem like true custom shock builders. Really I just need custom length 2.0 coilovers for the front and off the shelf rear shocks since I’m only lifted 1.75” in the rear. For you guys on the 4” lift, have you measured how much actual lift you got? I got 4.75” lift up front (not including tires)

The 2.0 part might be an issue. They will tell you to run the 2.5 based on truck weight most likely.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The 2.0 part might be an issue. They will tell you to run the 2.5 based on truck weight most likely.
Possibly, but I doubt it. Fox even makes 2.0 coilovers for our trucks and a 2” lift with the 5/8 shaft (usually for buggies) instead of the 7/8 shaft for trucks. The 2.0 is plenty for these trucks and on road driving. I mean hell the Cummins trucks run 2.0 shocks from BDS and they weigh almost 3k lbs more lol

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly, but I doubt it. Fox even makes 2.0 coilovers for our trucks and a 2” lift with the 5/8 shaft (usually for buggies) instead of the 7/8 shaft for trucks. The 2.0 is plenty for these trucks and on road driving. I mean hell the Cummins trucks run 2.0 shocks from BDS and they weigh almost 3k lbs more lol

I’m not disagreeing with you lol, but it’s what I’ve heard time and time again.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the verdict chief? I’m ready to go 4”bds but I want coilovers because I got rid of all stock suspension components, so let me know @Mclovinnnnn
Dude the best that I’ve found is either to use custom length King 2.5s all around or (I THINK) the BDS coilovers for the 6” kit would fit if you just adjust the spring preload but I’m not sure. Another member was telling me that Fox was coming out with new front shocks in a couple months and I bet you could get eibach coils to go with them!

Users who are viewing this thread