5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrades for about $50 or less

Stony0604

Reaction score
Yep. Just need the harness to plug into the stock speaker wire. If you order from Crutchfield they throw it in for free. Saves ya ten bucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I just ordered them, thanks for the help!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I can’t find the thread but if you search for lasfit that is what most on here seemed to go with. I ordered mine recently and awaiting delivery. Here is what almost seem to use.

No issues with the push button start and these LEDs? I ordered some LEDs before and they caused interference with the remote...no fun so I took them off and returned them.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I’d say the following are my favorite under $50.
  1. Interior LED light swap kit
  2. Third brake like LED swap
  3. Additional rear backup lights (backup lights weren’t enough for my liking.)
  4. Husky mud flaps. Got a set for used price on amazon which was really just an opened box because they weren’t touched. Mopar flaps have some flaws such as holding water/mud.

View attachment 60392 View attachment 60393
What lights did you use for the custom reverse lights? Thinking this would be nice, or thinking of getting a tailgate LED bar.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
Yep. Just need the harness to plug into the stock speaker wire. If you order from Crutchfield they throw it in for free. Saves ya ten bucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You didn't lose any volume by doing this?

BGC

Reaction score
No issues with the push button start and these LEDs? I ordered some LEDs before and they caused interference with the remote...no fun so I took them off and returned them.
None. They are bright and easy to install.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always wonder that too....I have the Alpine system and wonder if replacing the dash speakers are a no brainer also or if That is just for those with the base system.
i'd say you should do it, your speakers are the same as the base system. only difference with you system is that you have an alpine amplifier which obviously makes a substantial difference

Reactions: BGC

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
amazon has some nice light bar kits for around $30 or so, i mounted a 24 inch to my front license plate holes.
Lighting tint film is also another really inexpensive mod.
Rain guards, bug shield (a little more than $50), muffler delete :D, detailing products to clean, polish and seal your paint!
i've seen someone on here mount a CB radio to where the CD player goes, that radio is under $50.
You could spend a couple bucks on a few cans of Fluid Film and undercoat your truck like i did when i first got it, holding up nicely.
you could also spend $50 on 3/4 tank of gas ;)

Reactions: BGC

Sirvs

Reaction score
amazon has some nice light bar kits for around $30 or so, i mounted a 24 inch to my front license plate holes.
Lighting tint film is also another really inexpensive mod.
Rain guards, bug shield (a little more than $50), muffler delete :D, detailing products to clean, polish and seal your paint!
i've seen someone on here mount a CB radio to where the CD player goes, that radio is under $50.
You could spend a couple bucks on a few cans of Fluid Film and undercoat your truck like i did when i first got it, holding up nicely.
you could also spend $50 on 3/4 tank of gas ;)
Do you have any pictures or write up for the light bar in the license plate holes?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures or write up for the light bar in the license plate holes?
Here’s how it looks, just gotta play with the mounts until it sits the right way, I got this light bar, has everything you need: Nilight LED Light Bar 20Inch 126W Spot Flood Combo Led Off Road Lights with 16AWG Wiring Harness Kit-2 Lead, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQGQTXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IPihFb4N9B22V
A3095906-EAB0-40E5-BAD3-2EC31EC3EED4.jpeg
I wired it to the battery and mounted the switch under the steering wheel, under the plastic price that covers the fuse box. I didn’t want to cut anything for the switch. I put a mopar overlay on it lol FA1F8472-FB32-4DD2-A9AC-CDB2D8AC5E24.jpeg

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always wonder that too....I have the Alpine system and wonder if replacing the dash speakers are a no brainer also or if That is just for those with the base system.
I bought the kickers to replace the dash alpine system speakers. IMO they a mistake and i put the alpines back in. If anyone wants my kickers for the dash you can have them for free just pay shipping

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have LASFIT LEDs in my whole cab and I don't have any issues with anything.

The LASFIT LEDs are more expensive than what you'll buy on ebay but they are USA made and very nice quality. It's also nice that they are non-polar so it doesn't matter which way you plug them in.

Abhrams

Reaction score
I have LASFIT LEDs in my whole cab and I don't have any issues with anything.

The LASFIT LEDs are more expensive than what you'll buy on ebay but they are USA made and very nice quality. It's also nice that they are non-polar so it doesn't matter which way you plug them in.
Any idea why my last fit map lights flicker when i start the truck? It's the only ones that do it and it's the only time they do it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they fully seated? I've only had mine in for a week or so but I've not had any issues with them (map, dome, footwell, and lower glove box).

I took my ceiling console out to do the map lights. Even with access to the back of the bulb sockets it was a bear to get mine in and seated well as the bulb barely clears the reflector and housing. With the LED you lose the whole range of fade when you shut the door as it doesn't take long to reach the cutoff voltage and the LEDs just turn off but I don't have any issue with flickering.

Last edited:

Dogson

Reaction score
I bought the kickers to replace the dash alpine system speakers. IMO they a mistake and i put the alpines back in. If anyone wants my kickers for the dash you can have them for free just pay shipping

If no one has claimed them yet I’ll bite

BGC

Reaction score
Are they fully seated? I've only had mine in for a week or so but I've not had any issues with them (map, dome, footwell, and lower glove box).

I took my ceiling console out to do the map lights. Even with access to the back of the bulb sockets it was a bear to get mine in and seated well as the bulb barely clears the reflector and housing. With the LED you lose the whole range of fade when you shut the door as it doesn't take long to reach the cutoff voltage and the LEDs just turn off but don't have any issue with flickering.
I had the hardest time with the map lights also...in fact they pissed me off I eventually got them seated but was a lot of playing around and crimping their contacts (if that’s what they are called) to get them to fit right. You probably just don’t have them sitting in there tight enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/