5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Skater

Reaction score
I have to tell mine the same thing every night I leave for work. "It's okay buddy. It's just cause I love you so much. I'll be back. Promise." :ROFLMAO:
How often do you need explain that it is because you need to feed him, give him a bath and ceramic coat him, buy and install all those cool shoes and upgrades that you have to go to work to bring home that cash? I bet he just does not understand. They never do. He just needs love.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No part installs but we took the scenic route home on our donuts run. Have a great Sunday everyone!

77b068917b520b582b6a03bcb5fd1720.jpg

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever think of wrapping the calipers and decide against it and choose covers? They look great, but I have been thinking of wrapping them with VViVid Vinyl high heat caliper wrap.

Today I learned there is such thing as caliper wrap! Every use it? I’m not sure I’d have the patience for that but the pictures I’d seen look cool.

Skater

Reaction score
Today I learned there is such thing as caliper wrap! Every use it? I’m not sure I’d have the patience for that but the pictures I’d seen look cool.
I wrapped the calipers on my MBZ E65 a few years ago. The AMG calipers looked good in black, but I wanted Ferrari Red. It took me about 30 minutes for each caliper, but I used the 3M not VViVid. A buddy of mine used VViVid on his BMW and said it was far easier to stretch and install than the 3M, so I am not going to use the 3M again. VViVid site shows out of stock of its caliper wrap. When it comes in I will be ordering it and will post install picks. I am not a videographer like you, so you only get pics from me, not video. Sorry.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Rotated the tires. It was a fun little job. I should have taken a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHFT

Reaction score
Curious why you chose to run through the rear bumper.

Also, what route did you take to the rear bumper and what did you use for hardware
A couple reasons, mainly I couldn't bring myself to drill a 2'' hole into anything metal on a new truck and just didn't like anywhere in the front for it to go, I also back into my garage, so that is just a very easy to get to spot and it sort of blends in with the trailer hitch plugs on the other side of the rear licence plate.

For the cable I did have to buy another extension cord of the same gauge and cut both and solder as it was about 3 feet short the way I ran it, which was high and tight up the right side of the truck over the rear suspension so nothing gets pinched and then just along the side, I also unclipped the wire on the factory plug and brought it down and under to meet the other cable, still trying to figure out if I want to use a weather proof connection box or just use some good outdoors tape to protect the connection from the winter elements, but I have some time to figure that out.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score

Skater

Reaction score
I installed the Carven cut and clamp and the Vararam intake. I also installed Black Rebel wheels to replace my factory 22"
Sound clip by any chance? I would love to hear how that Carven cut and clamp sounds with the Vararam intake. You left the resonators on the tail pipes, yes?

flipback23

Reaction score
Over the weekend I made me my own tie down system for the truck bed, installed my 6 switch light controller, installed some led bed lights, got my light bar and rear rack lights wired in and running through the switch controller. Also since my top rack is removable from from the rest of the system I made the small light cube a quick disconnect with some waterproof connectors so I can remove the top rack as needed with less hassle.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 258
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 227

PHFT

Reaction score
Took the truck out for its first camping trip, handled great, have a few tweaks to do for packing but thats why you go out and learn what works and what doesn't. Also may look into air bags for the rear because of the level kit in the front and the weight in the back when packed up the front sits about 1.5'' higher. IMG_8372.jpg IMG_8371.jpg IMG_8396.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread