5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no location?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed Dusty, some subjects are geographical, and issues in one area may or may not be an issue in another.
BTW Dusty, how are you getting your signature to show on posts?

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
....And All Of It's Providence Plantations, or did they vote that name away? That red really stands out, you'd get more looks if you had a 3 or 4 digit plate though :sneaky:
We voted that down last time, lot more politically correct dbags now,we'll see come November. I have a Veteran plate, 2 digit plates are for the weasels that polish a seat.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We voted that down last time, lot more politically correct dbags now,we'll see come November. I have a Veteran plate, 2 digit plates are for the weasels that polish a seat.
Lmao yea I heard they have to pay extra for the empty spaces on their plates including the dinner plates :ROFLMAO:

TNSmokee

Reaction score
My location is listed in my signature and I never really considered the google search problem even though I've done it. I guess I don't think like a criminal. At first I didn't get the tag thing because we all drive around with them exposed, but my hang up came with a couple of mods "possibly" being a warranty killer. In another thread someone posted that their service writer monitored threads. Hopefully to learn but maybe to use as an excuse to not address the problem. For example, my 17 GMC had a CEL and I dropped it off only to receive a call 30 minutes later blaming my CAI. I caved in and let them return it to stock only for the CEL to return a few hours later. Long story short, a wire shorted on the frame near the driver's door that caused the CEL. They had to return my CAI and fix the wire. The couldn't stand it and then tried to blame my leveling kit for putting undo pressure on the wire in question. Now I do not believe they googled my truck for the mods done because in this case they were obvious but I am a little gun shy now when it comes to taking it in with certain mods.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My location is listed in my signature and I never really considered the google search problem even though I've done it. I guess I don't think like a criminal. At first I didn't get the tag thing because we all drive around with them exposed, but my hang up came with a couple of mods "possibly" being a warranty killer. In another thread someone posted that their service writer monitored threads. Hopefully to learn but maybe to use as an excuse to not address the problem. For example, my 17 GMC had a CEL and I dropped it off only to receive a call 30 minutes later blaming my CAI. I caved in and let them return it to stock only for the CEL to return a few hours later. Long story short, a wire shorted on the frame near the driver's door that caused the CEL. They had to return my CAI and fix the wire. The couldn't stand it and then tried to blame my leveling kit for putting undo pressure on the wire in question. Now I do not believe they googled my truck for the mods done because in this case they were obvious but I am a little gun shy now when it comes to taking it in with certain mods.
That's a good point and why I'm only considering Mopar mods...but that's a discussion for a different thread lol.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed Dusty, some subjects are geographical, and issues in one area may or may not be an issue in another.
BTW Dusty, how are you getting your signature to show on posts?
Well, I did that so long ago I can't say. I don't remember doing anything special.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 036282 miles.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tip...Treat the service/parts area of dealership of your choice as a friend, not a foe. They aren't the enemy, but a companion in a common goal in fixing your vehicle. Spending 20 or 30 bucks at McDonald's on your way in at the dollar menu for some sausage biscuits for the service writers and parts guys will go a long way and they will remember you and the truck they are working on. I sometimes visit mine and bring them donuts or similar on mornings I don't even need service. They know me and my wife by our first name and when I DO need something, it's always a pleasure to do business with them. Always get a loaner, always get any perks offered, extra care & so on. You always get more flys with honey than with vinegar. I have a dealership I can see if I look out my window from my office, but I use another dealer that's 15 miles away because the closer one is pretty new and I do not have a relationship with. I have brought a previous vehicle in for warranty work with my nitrous kit still hooked up without issue. Most of the techs are car guys at heart, and if you get to know them, and talk cars they tend to take better care of yours when you need work done.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I did that so long ago I can't say. I don't remember doing anything special.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 036282 miles.
You are a unicorn now, everyone else has the link posted for "View Signature"

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a story out of Pasco County, Florida about a person who talked and displayed pictures of his gun collection on Facebook who had the misfortune of three men looking to relieve the guy of some of his firearms. I have absolutely no sympathy for the one person who was shot dead, but I'm thinking it may not be wise to discuss personal things in a public forum. Where ever you are there are people who are devoid enough of morals or the respect for law that could be motivated to commit a crime.

Regards,
Dusty

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Tip...Treat the service/parts area of dealership of your choice as a friend, not a foe. They aren't the enemy, but a companion in a common goal in fixing your vehicle. Spending 20 or 30 bucks at McDonald's on your way in at the dollar menu for some sausage biscuits for the service writers and parts guys will go a long way and they will remember you and the truck they are working on. I sometimes visit mine and bring them donuts or similar on mornings I don't even need service. They know me and my wife by our first name and when I DO need something, it's always a pleasure to do business with them. Always get a loaner, always get any perks offered, extra care & so on. You always get more flys with honey than with vinegar. I have a dealership I can see if I look out my window from my office, but I use another dealer that's 15 miles away because the closer one is pretty new and I do not have a relationship with. I have brought a previous vehicle in for warranty work with my nitrous kit still hooked up without issue. Most of the techs are car guys at heart, and if you get to know them, and talk cars they tend to take better care of yours when you need work done.
Could not agree more. I had bought that truck from a high volume low priced dealer from another state. So every time I took it in I would get, "so you didn't buy this from us". Probably paid a little extra but bought my RAM from a local dealer. Lesson learned. My service writer is great, he actually owns a GEN4 that has had some serious engine upgrades.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dookie just gave some of the best advice you'll ever read.

Besides being an automobile customer, I was a field rep. for Buick, so I've been on both sides of issues. I generally approach things with patience and have found in the overwhelming circumstances it works to my advantage. Most of the people in the auto repair industry are honest, hard-working folks, especially the wrench-turners. If things don't go well it usually starts with service management.

The work atmosphere and the sensitivity to customer satisfaction almost always is the climate set by the dealer level management. I'm sure most service advisors, managers, or the techs. get little enjoyment out of people screaming and threatening them. Going in hot will usually alienate the very people you're trying to get to fix your truck. More times than not it's demotivating.

Regards,
Dusty

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
There's a story out of Pasco County, Florida about a person who talked and displayed pictures of his gun collection on Facebook who had the misfortune of three men looking to relieve the guy of some of his firearms. I have absolutely no sympathy for the one person who was shot dead, but I'm thinking it may not be wise to discuss personal things in a public forum. Where ever you are there are people who are devoid enough of morals or the respect for law that could be motivated to commit a crime.

Regards,
Dusty
Especially these days

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Dookie just gave some of the best advice you'll ever read.

Besides being an automobile customer, I was a field rep. for Buick, so I've been on both sides of issues. I generally approach things with patience and have found in the overwhelming circumstances it works to my advantage. Most of the people in the auto repair industry are honest, hard-working folks, especially the wrench-turners. If things don't go well it usually starts with service management.

The work atmosphere and the sensitivity to customer satisfaction almost always is the climate set by the dealer level management. I'm sure most service advisors, managers, or the techs. get little enjoyment out of people screaming and threatening them. Going in hot will usually alienate the very people you're trying to get to fix your truck. More times than not it's demotivating.

Regards,
Dusty

I have a decent Dealership, 45 miles away. Ferget the one in town here. I always have no issue with my SA, he takes care of me and I always send him jokes and such to his Dealership email. I neva POST info on here that is either too personal or could have bad consequences, just saying. Too many years dealing with stuff like that, BOIRD just a saying...

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Especially these days
YUP, same think as Posting yer Entire Life Style and such on FB, TIK TOK< pick one. The ole: Not see U folks fer a week, going on Vacation to Alaska: There R a lot of "alleged criminals" that troll around and watch fer stuff like that, just out there, and once U put it out there, beware... PPL put there B-days, phone numbers, addys and such that if put together, can get U right to their front door. It just not hard. The info is there, U pay a lil like to a service like PPL Finder and if U have not looked, U would be amazed of the amount of personal info available, PPL need to be more Tech and Internet Savvy.

Paultg

Reaction score
This is excellent advice. I had an issue a long time ago that could not be repeated. Well I had the car in months later and it happened and the dealer tech really dug in to figure it out, and they did. They called me and told me they need the car for a longer amount of time. I was so appreciative they had done that.
When I brought the car in the next time for regular service I made sure to leave instructions to remove and keep the case of beer that was in the trunk and to enjoy it with coworkers. They all very very nice to me after that.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Excellent tip. It's human nature to treat people well who treat you well. And to quickly run out of "give-a-sh!ts" when people don't treat you well. It's a much more pleasant experience when people are nice to each other. I've been on the receiving end of this, and I can tell you that we were much more attentive to a customer who would take the time to drop off donuts, or maybe a six pack. Some people refuse to do this because they feel they shouldn't have to bribe you to do your job. And I can understand that thinking, in an ideal world. But this is anything but an ideal world. I look at it the same way as I look at tipping your server at a restaurant. People who are working in the service dept are providing a service. They are often underpaid. And they will remember those people who are good to them. Just like they will remember those who go in with a chip on their shoulder. Which version of that person would you like to have fixing your truck?

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
Excellent tip. It's human nature to treat people well who treat you well. And to quickly run out of "give-a-sh!ts" when people don't treat you well. It's a much more pleasant experience when people are nice to each other. I've been on the receiving end of this, and I can tell you that we were much more attentive to a customer who would take the time to drop off donuts, or maybe a six pack. Some people refuse to do this because they feel they shouldn't have to bribe you to do your job. And I can understand that thinking, in an ideal world. But this is anything but an ideal world. I look at it the same way as I look at tipping your server at a restaurant. People who are working in the service dept are providing a service. They are often underpaid. And they will remember those people who are good to them. Just like they will remember those who go in with a chip on their shoulder. Which version of that person would you like to have fixing your truck?
So true,I deliver all sorts of things, mainly to business but sometimes to homes, the way people react always reflects on how far I'll go seeing that it is tailgate delivery, meaning I bring it to the rear of the trailer,funny thing is people that physically work are much more likely to be nice than office type of people.

Users who are viewing this thread